Tattoo

South Ram

On 06/01/2017 at 12:32, The 1884 Group said:

Getting my first tattoo tomorrow - Rams related!!

It will either be the only one I ever get, or lead to lots more - there's 4 or 5 ideas I have for others but want to see how I get on with this one first.

More bothered about the aftercare than whether it will be painful!

How did the tattoo go mate ?

First tat I had was a ram and dcfc on the right forearm from Curly's down Abbey Street when I was 18.

A year later after Curly's had shut I had a union jack with England written through it above a rose design in Nottingham. 

Don't like displaying the later much these days, for fear of upsetting all the sensitive souls...

• 5 years later...

They are addictive , my advice is have them where you can choose to cover them if and when you want , I had my first at age 16 from Ken s on london road derby , 

I have had tattoos removed by laser from my neck and hands , costly and bloody painful , on the second last of many sessions having the laser I winced a bit and was asked if I had applied the numbing cream before session , to which I replied what cream? Seems they forgot to tell me and supply the cream ???‍♂️,

they are very different today and can be stunning artwork , I had a full back piece of art done about ten years ago , totally original and personal,worked out between myself an Eastern European girl who really is a fantastic artist first and foremost who took her talent to the tattoo field

49 minutes ago, Archied said:

They are addictive , my advice is have them where you can choose to cover them if and when you want , I had my first at age 16 from Ken s on london road derby , 

Ken and Curley next to the Hilton pub, He did my 1st couple of tattoos, Not too many tattooists around back in the day...mid 70s, Now all over the place...some good...some very very good, My Daughter is covered from head to toe with em

Kevin Paul did a large one on my back who has done  Ed Sheeran, Harry Styles and Rihanna...Oooo you name dropper ?

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Ken and Curley next to the Hilton pub, He did my 1st couple of tattoos, Not too many tattooists around back in the day...mid 70s, Now all over the place...some good...some very very good, My Daughter is covered from head to toe with em

Kevin Paul did a large one on my back who has done  Ed Sheeran, Harry Styles and Rihanna...Oooo you name dropper ?

I think Ken or Curley, can't remember which is Tez's grandad? He's a tattooist on Osmaston Rd. He has all their old equipment I think. Did my sleeve. 

He's good too. I went with an idea and he was like nah, that's not gonna work and then used my idea to create what would work. 

There's pictures on the wall of Ken/Curley. 

24 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I think Ken or Curley, can't remember which is Tez's grandad? He's a tattooist on Osmaston Rd. He has all their old equipment I think. Did my sleeve. 

He's good too. I went with an idea and he was like nah, that's not gonna work and then used my idea to create what would work. 

There's pictures on the wall of Ken/Curley. 

Would that be Terry B who lost a finger or 2 ?‍♀️Went to Sinfin school and played for me when I was Sinfins under 15 manager, Now early 40s

Edited by Unlucky Alf