Favourite Current Players

rynny

So at the start of the season my 3 favourite players were Will Hughes, Craig Forsyth and Chris Martin. Obviously everyone should fear for Will now :pinch:

At an attempt to feel positive again, who are your favourite players and why?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hughes and Thorne for being the joint best footballers I've ever seen wear the ram by a long way

probably get some stick for this but shackell for sorting out our chaotic defence so I don't have a panic attack every time the opposition attack:lol:

Carson for looking like a homeless guy

ince for pulling goals out of nothing

And I think anya will soon be added to the list- he seems like a really nice bloke

Keogh- my love for keogh has grown over the years and it's only getting deeper ❤ , no in all seriousness I think he's a top ball playing defender at this level and we're lucky to have him as our captain. 

Shackell- not seen a defender who can read the game as well as he does since stimac was here.

Hughes- still think he's a class act and a Derby lad just needs to learn to play the game in more than one way , not his fault , all he's ever known . 

No.1) Will Hughes - of course, none else, he is "Holy", he is holy as a Holy cow, if I am allowed to say.

When he plays; it's like a symphony.

No.2) George Thorne - I like him very much, my sort of player, but so many times injured, I am worried that he'll never be the same, as he was when he came first time.

No.3) About 3rd placed, I am yet undecided, I will tell you my meaning after the Newcastle game. Either Vydra or Anya, I am not sure.

1. George Thorne - he is the player I dreamed of being as a young lad.

2. Will Hughes - it's impossible not to love such a talent that's come through your own academy. 

3 Tom Ince - for me, out most talented attacking player by miles, I don't care if he smiles or runs around a lot.

Ince - Always looking to create something when he has the ball.

Hughes - Smooth as silk & again generally looking to make things happen.

Thorne - Strong discipline to play DM and can run a game if he has players moving into space ahead of him.

Thorne - one of the best players we've got and still young. Also seems to actually care how the team performs. Hopefully he can get over his injury problems.

Bryson - puts everything he has into every game he plays for us - one of the few I would definitely keep from this squad.

Keogh - He has won me round - wouldn't like to leave now - another player who gives everything.

I don't do favourites, I'm a 40 year old man. But the three players I would always have in my XI if every member of the squad were both fit and in form would be: 

Will Hughes - Exceptional technique. Great vision. Still very young despite being around for what seems forever and if he could add more of an end product to his game he'd be England material. 

Richard Keogh - The best centre half we've had in years and only really being appreciated recently. Good with the ball, puts everything into every game and adds things to our attacking game where possible. Also a really good bloke away from the game, having met him a few times now, he sees Derby as his club. 

Jacob Butterfield - The most gifted player in the club. Has amazing feet and can score from anywhere. Seems a really shy lad in amongst the egos of football which I like. Not sure why he's not appreciated more by the masses but even I as a big fan of his feel there's more to him than he often shows. Perhaps that's the downside of his shy nature? 

I love Bryson's energy, Fozzy is a big miss and if we had a fully fit and firing Thorne he too would be a shoe in in my XI. 

Archived