January Transfer Suggestion Thread

CastletonRam

1 minute ago, Mistaram said:

Scot Hogan for me best finisher in the Championship would cost £5million but he's good Were still not scoring enough to kept winning matches

£5million and the rest.

We've scored enough goals to win the last 6 in the row so...

Hogan was signed from Rochdale for peanuts and given an opportunity in the Bees first team.

Why would we spend millions on him when we could do the same with the umpteen players in the lower leagues with the potential of doing exactly the same?

I'd rather us found them than paying somebody else 5 million plus for doing the same thing.

12 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Shackell needs to be shifted IMO. 

He is stopping players like Rawson getting their chance in the first team if either of Keogh or Pearce were to be injured.

We have seen Rawson can hack it in the championship during his time with Rotherham so I would be more than happy with Rawson as cover for the 2 CB's.

Nah. 

Why just get rid of a genuinely class centre half? Its a squad game.

If Rawson were good enough, there'd be no one in his way. Forget about that. Shackell has not suddenly become a poor centre half, its just that Pearce has done exceptionally well. We need Shackell, I'm sure he'll prove vital at the business end of the season.

46 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Shackell still has a part to play - keeping Alex Pearce on his toes.

He's also the only other left sided CB - Rawson is a right side, and while it doesn't stop him playing alongside Keogh, its better to have a right/left pairing.

And if we are really struggling with injuries shackell used to play left back and Keogh could step in at right back but only if we are really struggling- good experienced options 

The two recruits we need to make in January:

Right Back - I like Christie and Baird has done well since he's come in. However, it's probably the one position in the starting XI where a genuine improvement could be made. Christie isn't without his faults, Baird won't be here next season. I would look at getting in someone who could make this position their own and challenge Christie next year. 

Striker - We need to get someone who can fill Chris Martin's shoes, should he move on. Darren Bent has done well since McClaren came back, we have Vydra who is a good player, but we need someone to play that same role Martin did - in the same manner. I would say suggestions are difficult, but I'd love to see someone in the mould of Shane Long, Benik Afobe...etc

I could make cases for other positions, namely a winger, but the above two need focus. Vydra, should he not prove to be an expensive mistake, needs to be utilised in some way - I would argue even as the winger.

37 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The two recruits we need to make in January:

Right Back - I like Christie and Baird has done well since he's come in. However, it's probably the one position in the starting XI where a genuine improvement could be made. Christie isn't without his faults, Baird won't be here next season. I would look at getting in someone who could make this position their own and challenge Christie next year. 

Striker - We need to get someone who can fill Chris Martin's shoes, should he move on. Darren Bent has done well since McClaren came back, we have Vydra who is a good player, but we need someone to play that same role Martin did - in the same manner. I would say suggestions are difficult, but I'd love to see someone in the mould of Shane Long, Benik Afobe...etc

I could make cases for other positions, namely a winger, but the above two need focus. Vydra, should he not prove to be an expensive mistake, needs to be utilised in some way - I would argue even as the winger.

living up to our name :ph34r:

*EDIT* I know you said in the mould of. but yano

6 hours ago, DesertRam said:

Just noticed that Dirk Kuyte scored a hat trick in the Eredivisie, not sure how old he is, but he

mighy make the difference with his goals - if we can afford him.

Perhaps he's out of our reach?

Not sure if serious...

But he is 36 and well settled in Feyenoord.

14 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Gary madine looked like he could fulfil the CF role. Been a bit of a journey man but has scored when given a proper run by his stats. Not seen enough to suggest he should be signed but maybe someone else has seen more of him to comment

Been to prison for assault. No thank you. File alongside lee Hughes and ched evans