Matej Vydra - Signed 4 year deal

Curtains

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Pearson was also asked about midfielder George Thorne, who recently went under the knife again to aid his recovery from a broken leg.

"George is not back out training yet but he is making good progress," said the Rams boss.

He's wearing trainers. So technically, he's not back out training. 

38 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Pearson was also asked about midfielder George Thorne, who recently went under the knife again to aid his recovery from a broken leg.

"George is not back out training yet but he is making good progress," said the Rams boss.

Yes. On BBC Radio Derby he gave OB the month of November as a return date for George. He was laughing afterwards so I am not sure if they really are targeting that - sounds soon to me but exciting news nonetheless.

He won't be properly fit yet. He needs service akin to that which Deeney provided. Martin would've been the perfect foil for him in a footballing side. Unfortunately that will not work in current tactics, I hope there's a striker who can create available in January or we'll be stuck till the summer with a striker who requires a player we don't currently possess to get going with.

I was excited by the Vydra signing but he was pretty disappointing. Then again Benitez set up a wall of china behind him and another wall in front of him. With little creativity on display it was a slog and he looked a bit overwhelmed. We will learn a lot against Ipswich because I watched them play Reading (had a bet on Reading) and Ipswich are useless.

Archived