Matej Vydra - Signed 4 year deal

Curtains

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DC-1975 said:

Every time we got the ball yesterday, he turned and pointed where he wanted it. Not once did the midfielders play the pass, instead going sideways or taking 3-4 touches before passing.

Every time our midfield got the ball yesterday there was a 30-40 yard gap between Vydra and the player on the ball. He can point where he wants, but if it's an almost impossible pass (requiring something at the level of Thorne's pass to Russell that time) then the ball just isn't going to be played.

I say a 30 yard gap, but that's not including the opposition. I just mean between our own players.

46 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Unbelievable!!! The guy's played 90 minutes for us and you're on his back already.

Pathetic support!

i am not haveing a go but he did not play well yesterday that all i am saying for 8 mil i was expecting a bit better from him

8 minutes ago, cymru said:

i am not haveing a go but he did not play well yesterday that all i am saying for 8 mil i was expecting a bit better from him

I remember when British record transfer fee David Nish sighed for us.

He had a season of stinkers.

2 hours ago, cymru said:

was poor yesterday 8 mill mmmmmmmmmmm

If Anya held his run by half a second he'd have had one within 5 mins. He also had a great turn and a shot which could easily have found the net well blocked. Both very fine margins which would have turned a 'poor' performance into a fantastic one.

25 minutes ago, cymru said:

Of all the players to single out you single out him? Why? He had so little service there was very little he could do, he was our only player that looked remotely like scoring and imo his speed of thought and quick movement was hugely promising. I can't see what more you could possibly expect with the players behind him playing so poorly, he was certainly one of our better players and his debut was the only thing yesterday that gave me any bloody hope

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

Every time our midfield got the ball yesterday there was a 30-40 yard gap between Vydra and the player on the ball. He can point where he wants, but if it's an almost impossible pass (requiring something at the level of Thorne's pass to Russell that time) then the ball just isn't going to be played.

I say a 30 yard gap, but that's not including the opposition. I just mean between our own players.

That's true - illustrating the need for a) an extra central midfielder (Johnson ?)  and b) a pushing forward of our most creative player ?(will) - np needs to go 3-5-2 or play Vydra as a lone striker. We need to get closer to him.

I was sat virtually behind the goal at Bristol City. After the miss in the 90th minute he looked so upset. I thought he was going to start crying, Darren Bent had to go over and get him going again. Then when the goal went in at the other end he just dropped to the floor. Definitely blamed himself. He could barely look up at the fans on his way down the tunnel (which was built into the away stand). Felt for the lad, the goals will definitely come.

17 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I was sat virtually behind the goal at Bristol City. After the miss in the 90th minute he looked so upset. I thought he was going to start crying, Darren Bent had to go over and get him going again. Then when the goal went in at the other end he just dropped to the floor. Definitely blamed himself. He could barely look up at the fans on his way down the tunnel (which was built into the away stand). Felt for the lad, the goals will definitely come.

I'm sure when he gets one goal they will all start flowing

Archived