Matej Vydra - Signed 4 year deal

Curtains

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the interesting part is Reading played a direct 442 last year and he struggled with it. He did well at Watford, but that was playing off Deeney in a more possession-based style.

With the way we've started under NP, I'd say we're more Reading than Watford in terms of being direct and playing it long from the back. 

5 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I think the interesting part is Reading played a direct 442 last year and he struggled with it. He did well at Watford, but that was playing off Deeney in a more possession-based style.

With the way we've started under NP, I'd say we're more Reading than Watford in terms of being direct and playing it long from the back. 

Thought Reading played some nice football under McDermot.

I think Vydra would be a fantastic buy! He flourished at Watford alongside a big man and with Chris Martin he could be a real handful for defenders. You've got to look at building a team. It's alright buying Rhodes and sticking him upfront with Martin and expecting goals.... It's not as easy as that. Vydra's already bagged 20 in the champ and at only 24 he has time on his side. Out of everyone we've been linked with: (kodjia, wells, hogan etc) I think Vydra would be the smartest buy for Derby! Get him in 

7 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

I know one thing.. I'm sick of hearing "where does he fit in the team" and "does he fit our style".. If the players we have are pratically refusing to play another system or can't play another system... ship them out and find players who can and will. 

Have we got any style lol ?

Just now, dajstrawb said:

26 pages and not much time on my hands.... Can someone give me the lowdown?

Weve made an inquiry and newcastle have made a 15m bid, and ashley has dunked him in the back of his transit van

If you believe some sources :lol:

NP in fairness hasnt rushed into the transfer market ,presumably assessing what he has against what he wants and believes he needs.So if he wants Vydra go go for it dont think he would be a bad buy considering his age ten mill sounds steep but any thing less would be good business,espescialy if We can get 10 for Chris,off load Bent, and ideally get a rid of Blackman

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

He just doesn't seem to think he's worth that much, though he admits Reading's style never really suited him.

I think he's overpriced at 8.5m to be honest. But then again I said the same about Andre Gray and Michail Antonio who have both since gone on to prove their worth and more.

I do rate the player, but it is an awful lot of money.

49 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

NP in fairness hasnt rushed into the transfer market ,presumably assessing what he has against what he wants and believes he needs.So if he wants Vydra go go for it dont think he would be a bad buy considering his age ten mill sounds steep but any thing less would be good business,espescialy if We can get 10 for Chris,off load Bent, and ideally get a rid of Blackman

Nearly liked your comment having read the first half of this..

Archived