Matej Vydra - Signed 4 year deal

Curtains

5 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

HAMMERS SIGNING ‘IMMINENT’

West Ham are on the verge of announcing the signing of a “highly-rated young midfield”, according to The Insider segment on the club’s official website.

The Hammers are expected to confirm the signing of the unnamed player imminently after he successfully underwent a medical on Thursday.

“The youngster has been one of the star performers for his Club and will become the eighth major signing of the summer,” theInsider statement read. 

Domyou think theyre signing vydra?

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

HAMMERS SIGNING ‘IMMINENT’

West Ham are on the verge of announcing the signing of a “highly-rated young midfield”, according to The Insider segment on the club’s official website.

The Hammers are expected to confirm the signing of the unnamed player imminently after he successfully underwent a medical on Thursday.

“The youngster has been one of the star performers for his Club and will become the eighth major signing of the summer,” theInsider statement read. 

Where's Owen Bradley when you need him or SDSR ?????

37 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

We need to sell before buying, not just because of FFP but our squad is already too big.

You ALMOST managed a post this week without mentioning FFP.

I'm impressed.

;)

3 hours ago, sage said:

Martin behind Wilson and Vydra, as the tip of a diamond?

I remain unconvinced that a diamond formation is the way forward for any team in this league.

It seems to ask far too much of the players in the 'wide' positions (effectively having to not only cover, but be good at 4 positions each) and I'm not sure Championship level players are actually capable of playing it successfully, especially if we're talking about Championship players with a history of ACL injuries.

8 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

No but fat waiter rafa and di donkey will be around soon for him

It will go tits up at New assle eventually. It is the remaining Karma from the way they treated Bobby Robson. The fat Spanish waiter will soon be back in Torremolinos serving Tapas........Fact.

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

I remain unconvinced that a diamond formation is the way forward for any team in this league.

It seems to ask far too much of the players in the 'wide' positions (effectively having to not only cover, but be good at 4 positions each) and I'm not sure Championship level players are actually capable of playing it successfully, especially if we're talking about Championship players with a history of ACL injuries.

I have to disagree ! I think irellavant of leagues formations should be suited to the players you have at the club . 

We have the players for a diamond , very attacking full backs who could effectively play as wing backs.  Plenty of depth in midfield and would suit our better midfielders I. E Thorne and Hughes.  Also we have no real wingers so that sorts that problem!

5 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I have to disagree ! I think irellavant of leagues formations should be suited to the players you have at the club . 

We have the players for a diamond , very attacking full backs who could effectively play as wing backs.  Plenty of depth in midfield and would suit our better midfielders I. E Thorne and Hughes.  Also we have no real wingers so that sorts that problem!

I'm not sure NP will go for this. A diamond leaves full backs too exposed as our midfielders won't double up wide. It isn't solid enough to create the defensive discipline he is looking for

Iv got to be honest I'm just shocked not to read people's opinions on how Chris Baird is a better player than matej vydra! ? Serious note tho most players have a bad season, look at Eden hazard? I wouldn't read to much into him playing at a lower league championship club, vydra would be a class signing he can score goals from wherever. Genuinely baffles me how there's some fans that wouldn't be happy with this signing, were hardly banging the goals in at the minute are we.

45 minutes ago, BranstonRam said:

The watford forum locals are gagging to take this offer. Seen and viewed a few threads where they do not rate him as the player he once was. 

Oh well, Pearson sees something so let's have a look what happens *boos at the ready*

I prefer to take that phonetically. Westmalle Tripel here we go.

Vydra played wide at Reading & WBA and scored very few.

Vydra played through the middle for Watford and scored a hatful.

Having analysed the data available to me, I've come to the conclusion that we should sign him and play him through the middle.

47 minutes ago, BranstonRam said:

The watford forum locals are gagging to take this offer. Seen and viewed a few threads where they do not rate him as the player he once was. 

Oh well, Pearson sees something so let's have a look what happens *boos at the ready*

We've got a team of ferkin players who are not what they once was. My guess is after 3 softish managers NP is a bit of a culture shock looks like it might be a toss up for Mel to back the  players or NP .

Archived