Matej Vydra - Signed 4 year deal

Curtains

34 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Keep?

I can categorically state that so far this season we have not been ripped for a single transfer fee.

Yeah, but at least he didn't mention FFP.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

10m is a no no 

Why do we keep getting ripped clean off when it comes to fees?

I was expecting a 3m fee, similar to what we paid for Weimann, but it seems clubs are now wanting Henry type fees for strikers that can't hit a barn door with a banjo (going of his current form).

Pogba is worth 3 Zidanes in todays market...... absolute madness. 

Zidane cost £84m in todays money adjusting for inflation.

A couple of things more which may have already been mentioned:

1. Could Derby be about to rekindle an old partnership in Vydra and Forestieri, lazy me can't be bothered to check if they were in the same Watford team, but it could be interesting.

2. I think the over inflated prices is because of how we wish to pay. We have money to spend, but Mel and Sam are playing a clever game to avoid FFP. When we offer money we offer over a number of years. So if we are offering 8 for Vydra no doubt it will be 2 million a year for 4 years. So to sweeten the deal we offer more than the going rate but over a longer term. That is why we have been missing out on targets because Newcastle and villa will just be offering more cash up front. That is my take on it anyway. 

11 minutes ago, BranstonRam said:

Is anything occurring with this as yet or is the bid just lodged and we are waiting out? I've had to wade through about 12 pages to find out that conclusively nothing has happened since yesterday 

Better than 47 pages about a player we wernt interested in at all, de yelling ? ..

26 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

1. Could Derby be about to rekindle an old partnership in Vydra and Forestieri, lazy me can't be bothered to check if they were in the same Watford team, but it could be interesting.

2. I think the over inflated prices is because of how we wish to pay. We have money to spend, but Mel and Sam are playing a clever game to avoid FFP. When we offer money we offer over a number of years. So if we are offering 8 for Vydra no doubt it will be 2 million a year for 4 years. So to sweeten the deal we offer more than the going rate but over a longer term. That is why we have been missing out on targets because Newcastle and villa will just be offering more cash up front. That is my take on it anyway. 

They did play in the same team, but we aren't getting Forestieri. After this summer I'm doubtful we'll get Vydra either tbh

Weimann will feature heavily this season once fit. He's exactly the type of forward Pearson likes.

My guess is that he's looking for someone to partner him.

I fully expect Blackman and Bent to go next week and Martin to stay, but will fall down the pecking order.

4 minutes ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

Weimann will feature heavily this season once fit. He's exactly the type of forward Pearson likes.

I fully expect Blackman and Bent to go next week and Martin to stay, but will fall down the pecking order.

If we're getting Vydra it's a huge statement of intent to use Martin. Vydra has only ever been good alongside a strong forward who holds up play (Deeney).

11 minutes ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

To sell, you need a buyer.

People seem to forget that this isn't Football Manager.

Very specific from a Watford forum earlier today:

I had a chat with a friend of Vydra this morning to see what I could find out, the latest is is that Newcastle are looking at him as well with a couple of calls between them and his agent.

Another lower initial bid has come in from who he believes is Brighton but with a massive sell on fee and target based clauses to make the package c. £11.5m.

Sheff Wednesday asked about a loan but both club and player said perm deal only. Weds seemingly can't afford more signings this window.

Certainly is hotting up, will be very interesting to see if they use Saturdays game to play him and make a final decision.

Could be utter garbage, but I thought I'd pass on so that all the "everyone's being bought by Newcastle and it's soooo unfair" wrist slashers can go and slash their wrists.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The payment method has no bearing on FFP. The fees don't appear directly on the p&l accounts, only the amortisation, which is the same whether we pay upfront or in installments. We may well pay in installments to help with cash flow though.

Day Six in Ed Dawes closet...

Heard nothing about Matej Vydra yet but there's more on the ex-footballer / pundits charity walk.  Matt Le Tissier (after being out on the Broon Ale last night) apparently has been badgering the group to get some of his favourite home brand ice cream to help with the hangover.  Overheard Ed on the phone to Owen (know it was Owen this time because they mentioned puffa jackets)...

'Matt? He fancies Asda vanilla'

Or something like that :ph34r:

17 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Very specific from a Watford forum earlier today:

I had a chat with a friend of Vydra this morning to see what I could find out, the latest is is that Newcastle are looking at him as well with a couple of calls between them and his agent.

Another lower initial bid has come in from who he believes is Brighton but with a massive sell on fee and target based clauses to make the package c. £11.5m.

Sheff Wednesday asked about a loan but both club and player said perm deal only. Weds seemingly can't afford more signings this window.

Certainly is hotting up, will be very interesting to see if they use Saturdays game to play him and make a final decision.

Could be utter garbage, but I thought I'd pass on so that all the "everyone's being bought by Newcastle and it's soooo unfair" wrist slashers can go and slash their wrists.

Probably is utter garbage - In what parallel universe would a club pass on details of bids and negotiations to a player??!?

Archived