Matej Vydra - Signed 4 year deal

Curtains

I just can't agree with this fee if true, he's just Andreas Weimann with better finishing but more questionable attitude. Surely Weimann deserves a chance after the end of last season? I'd rather pay 2m for a hot prospect from the lower leagues. Why the **** did we sign Blackman? What are we playing around at with this recruitment over the last 2 years, it's been shocking.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Simsy said:

The stats I used were over a career not a few games.

I was happy with the link originally but his goalscoring record is not half as good as what I expected so would only want him if he is at most around the 5m mark. If it's a fee creeping towards the 10m mark there is surely better out there for that price such as Jordan Rhodes.

If you look at his record, it's a textbook example of a player flourishing in the right system and struggling elsewhere.  Which is exactly the reason people seem to want rid of Martin...

1 hour ago, eddie said:

So they all need to work harder and put themselves in the position where they can receive the ball.

They do, problem is the midfield instead of taking a risk, check back and play sideways. The amount of times I've seen runs from Martin, Bent and Ince this season and look frustrated when they don't get noticed beggars belief. The one guy who does try to make a attack gets pilloried and    fans want him carted off to Burnley. 

10 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Villa fans said Weimann was the best finisher there. 

Problem is getting the chances. 

Didn't Arsenal fans say the same thing about Arturo Lupoli?

Vydra is the sort of player that would finish the chances we do create - something that seems to have gone missing so far this campaign. Would be a good signing as he is naturally clinical up front.

As many have said before, could well pave the way for Bent or Blackman to go?

21 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

Vydra is the sort of player that would finish the chances we do create - something that seems to have gone missing so far this campaign. Would be a good signing as he is naturally clinical up front.

As many have said before, could well pave the way for Bent or Blackman to go?

Or both

Did the DET do a profile on any of the other players we'd had confirmed interest in? (McCormack)

Seems odd to be doing full player profiles at this stage, unless it's already pretty far along.

But then DET has developed a habit of churning out complete **** recently.

"See what Jose Mourinho had to say about Derby" etc. 

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Players just need to feel comfortable in a club so they can express themselves.

Maybe Derby will be that club.

Are u referring to Vydra or Weiman, lol. Cos Weiman has been played mainly out of position and been vilified for being average at best while trying to accommodate his manager, so he may not have felt able to express hmself or comfortable ?

As for Vydra, at Reading 3 goals in 24 league appearances doesn't suggest he's worth what we are reportedly offering,nor that much better than Weiman (and they are similsr)

10m is a no no 

Why do we keep getting ripped clean off when it comes to fees?

I was expecting a 3m fee, similar to what we paid for Weimann, but it seems clubs are now wanting Henry type fees for strikers that can't hit a barn door with a banjo (going of his current form).

Pogba is worth 3 Zidanes in todays market...... absolute madness. 

1 minute ago, DCFCArmy said:

10m is a no no 

I was expecting a 3m fee, similar to what we paid for Weimann, but it seems clubs are now wanting Henry type fees for strikers that can't hit a barn door with a banjo (going of his current form).

Keep?

I can categorically state that so far this season we have not been ripped for a single transfer fee.

19 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Did the DET do a profile on any of the other players we'd had confirmed interest in? (McCormack)

Seems odd to be doing full player profiles at this stage, unless it's already pretty far along.

I'm sure they did one for Forestieri, which may prove your point about the quality of their recent reporting...

6 minutes ago, Mountain Ram said:

I'm sure they did one for Forestieri, which may prove your point about the quality of their recent reporting...

Yup. 

26 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Clickbait. They've become terrible for it recently. 

25 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

10m is a no no 

Reading had to pay £2.5 million just to take him on loan, and you thought they'd sell him to us for £3? They valued him at £10 million last season before the market inflated, they are never selling him for much less than that. Yes last season he didn't do well, but he has twice arguably been the best striker in this division banging in the goals.

Archived