Matej Vydra - Signed 4 year deal

Curtains

20 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Very specific from a Watford forum earlier today:

I had a chat with a friend of Vydra this morning to see what I could find out, the latest is is that Newcastle are looking at him as well with a couple of calls between them and his agent.

Another lower initial bid has come in from who he believes is Brighton but with a massive sell on fee and target based clauses to make the package c. £11.5m.

Sheff Wednesday asked about a loan but both club and player said perm deal only. Weds seemingly can't afford more signings this window.

Certainly is hotting up, will be very interesting to see if they use Saturdays game to play him and make a final decision.

Could be utter garbage, but I thought I'd pass on so that all the "everyone's being bought by Newcastle and it's soooo unfair" wrist slashers can go and slash their wrists.

Interesting to see what happens to all of these players this time next year if Newcastle do get promoted, good enough for the Prem ?...... with any luck they all have a clause to fulfil their contacts at Sports Direct's camp in Shirebrook, or they can buy themselves out, at Wonga's 1,177% APR .

Please Lord let it be so

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Newcastle i knew it.... wont carry on typing and venting my feelings, as will end up getting thrown off forum

26 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Can guess what you would say (at a guess) I've just said exactly the same to my wife

Pissing me right off, hope it goes horribly wrong for em. 

17 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Think agents and selling clubs are using Newcastle , whispering their name to guillable journos , whether the geordies are interested or not , to get the price of their player inflated

Funnily enough i have just been into B&Q to buy the last patio set they have in stock and they told me some Spanish waiter from Newcastle had just called them offering more money to reserve it :whistle:  

26 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Can guess what you would say (at a guess) I've just said exactly the same to my wife

Makes me laugh people going on about Newcastle signing loads of players. Short memories, some people.

My anger right now is at absolute boiling point.... mother******s sign any **** that any fu**er shows an interest in... nobody can convince me that they had any interest in vydra whatsoever, just saw that we bid for him and thought yeah lets buy him so derby dont. Would love to grab fat waiter round his neck and strangle him right now

17 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Might be a master plan to keep showing an interest in expensive players just so Newcastle then buy them and use up their cash.

22 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

My anger right now is at absolute boiling point.... mother******s sign any **** that any fu**er shows an interest in... nobody can convince me that they had any interest in vydra whatsoever, just saw that we bid for him and thought yeah lets buy him so derby dont. Would love to grab fat waiter round his neck and strangle him right now

I love how your getting angry about something you've no actual evidence to support. Take it easy. Who have they signed that we know we were in for? 

4 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

They do, problem is the midfield instead of taking a risk, check back and play sideways. The amount of times I've seen runs from Martin, Bent and Ince this season and look frustrated when they don't get noticed beggars belief. The one guy who does try to make a attack gets pilloried and    fans want him carted off to Burnley. 

Maf- you really saw them make bags of runs??? What games were you watching? Most static group of forwards in the history of football. You're blaming the midfielders but I think Kevin Phillips has a lot to answer for.

2 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

And dont tell me their under ffp officially. Theyve bought the bloody leagues top talent this summer

Pretty sure they've made more money from sales than they've spent. So they could spend double what they've already spent and probably be OK. 

QPR proved, if you are from London or a fashionable club then FFP doesn't apply to you.

So what if you field an ineligible player and another club gets relegated at your expense, we will just fine you 10 million and in a few years time give you a brand new stadium, for free and we will let the silly northerners pay for it in taxes.

And another thing.....

1 hour ago, eddie said:

To sell, you need a buyer.

People seem to forget that this isn't Football Manager.

Oh, I know that, but sometimes you have to accept less than what you want to get rid of a player so you can replace them with what you really want. Bent would go for free, and Blackman for £1m.

Hopefully we are luring the Geordies and the Villains into signing all their players, with us having a secret list of players that we can sneak in and sign in challenged on the final day of he window.

Either way, the window is ticking down rapidly and I just hope we don't end up hearing Cloughs old line, "we will go with what we have got".

25 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

And dont tell me their under ffp officially. Theyve bought the bloody leagues top talent this summer

They will be well under FFP. Relegated clubs have a far bigger FFP allowance and their parachute payments count towards their profits. Newcastle also have a big turnover. I had a quick look a few weeks ago and it appears that they can spend something like £70m more than us this season and still be within their limit.

FFP is designed to help the larger clubs.

I think that's a flaw in FFP personally. Parachute payments are there to supposedly prevent a club from imploding when they get relegated. But allows them to spend a vast amount more than any other team in the league.

Ignoring the idea of them signing everyone who gets linked to us, they could at the very least push the price of every player up with zero risk. 

Archived