Matej Vydra - Signed 4 year deal

Curtains

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw Vydra play against us at Watford perhaps 4 years ago and score 2 good goals. At that time he was one of the best strikers in the championship. I saw him at Reading last season and he was a shadow of his former self, and seemed to have lost the pace and body strength he used to have. Don't sign him.

46 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

If we sign him, how about we judge him on his performances for us? 

Best go see a doctor about your outbreak of common sense, it is normally quarantined on the transfer thread!

4 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Best go see a doctor about your outbreak of common sense, it is normally quarantined on the transfer thread!

I was saying 'Boo-urns'

He's a good player who's lost his way a bit, but i cant help thinking he's another 'Weiman' type of player, so is Weiman surplus to requirements ? NP has hardly seen him in a derby shirt this season, except friendlies(where he scored) !

4 minutes ago, nfb said:

He's a good player who's lost his way a bit, but i cant help thinking he's another 'Weiman' type of player, so is Weiman surplus to requirements ? NP has hardly seen him in a derby shirt this season, except friendlies(where he scored) !

To be fair NP said Weimann would have started first game. He must have formed a fairly positive opinion of him. Didn't he say he was one of the fittest in the squad?

14 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

To be fair NP said Weimann would have started first game. He must have formed a fairly positive opinion of him. Didn't he say he was one of the fittest in the squad?

Yep, thats why i'm puzzled by the huge bid for Vydra...when Vydra was hot he was a top class finisher tho, but as we know he's gone off the boil...

Most Derby fans have never seen Weiman play in his correct position, i was hopeful for him this season !

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

His goal scoring record shows

for every 3.5 games he gets 1 goal.

Certainly doesn't seem like a 10m player to me.

Also does not improve what we have based on that ratio.

Stats of our current forwards this season: Martin has 0 in 4, Bent has 1 in 5? (3 sub appearances), Backman/Russell have 0. All of our midfield have 0 goals, with two having an assist (Bryson and Will) 

Stats wise, our team only has performed defensively, with clean sheets in all but 2 games so far. Vydra could be a really good striker for us, he could also be a 1 in 3.5, which as you say isn't exactly a 10mill player at this level. But if he's valued at that, and we want to pay it, then I'm ok with it (especially in this transfer window at these prices)

22 minutes ago, nfb said:

Players just need to feel comfortable in a club so they can express themselves.

Maybe Derby will be that club.

7 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Stats of our current forwards this season: Martin has 0 in 4, Bent has 1 in 5? (3 sub appearances), Backman/Russell have 0. All of our midfield have 0 goals, with two having an assist (Bryson and Will) 

But all of those players, barring Blackman, have scored pretty regularly for us.  Ince and Butterfield as well.  So maybe if all of them have stopped scoring at exactly the same time, it's down to something other than those individual players.  They haven't all simultaneously become bad players overnight.

5 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

But all of those players, barring Blackman, have scored pretty regularly for us.  Ince and Butterfield as well.  So maybe if all of them have stopped scoring at exactly the same time, it's down to something other than those individual players.  They haven't all simultaneously become bad players overnight.

We haven't had the ball in the first half of games and one or two of them are very selfish and shoot wildly from anywhere the rest of the time which limits your chances

6 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Yep.

Three midfield players lying deep.

Three 'luxury' forwards twiddling their thumbs waiting for the ball to get to them.

11 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Yep.

Three midfield players lying deep.

Three 'luxury' forwards twiddling their thumbs waiting for the ball to get to them.

So they all need to work harder and put themselves in the position where they can receive the ball.

18 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

But Martin isn't a target man like Deeney - you can't punt a long ball up to his head an expect him to flick it on or hold it up and lay it off.  You need to get balls into Martin's feet to use him like that, and we just don't seem to have any real intention of doing that this season.

Are you for real ??? Oh this is sarcasm right - silly me

28 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Oh, I agree, my stats was more to show that good players can look bad and visa versa. Our style of play this season has definitely hindered our attackers.

My opinion is that Vydra is a good striker at this level. Like any striker, the way the team plays will impact his effectiveness. Reading and him did not click obviously, whose to say whether we will, but I assume if we're buying him, I'm optimistic our new recruitment team will have recognised him as someone who fits Pearsons criteria

Whenever I've seen him play he's looked a good player. I do like the idea of him playing off Martin.

im not going to get my nickers in a twist about the fee at the moment because; we haven't actually payed it yet, the market is clearly mental and it's not coming out of my account.

56 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Stats wise, our team only has performed defensively, with clean sheets in all but 2 games so far. Vydra could be a really good striker for us, he could also be a 1 in 3.5, which as you say isn't exactly a 10mill player at this level. But if he's valued at that, and we want to pay it, then I'm ok with it (especially in this transfer window at these prices)

The stats I used were over a career not a few games.

I was happy with the link originally but his goalscoring record is not half as good as what I expected so would only want him if he is at most around the 5m mark. If it's a fee creeping towards the 10m mark there is surely better out there for that price such as Jordan Rhodes.

Archived