Matej Vydra - Signed 4 year deal

Curtains

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if it's been posted but the Watford observer says the manager says he hasn't got much choice in the matter and it's up to the owners if they want to sell him 

PistoldPete2

He scored 3 goals for reading last year. How many did nick Blackman score for them last year? If he's less prolific than Blackman this is not agood sign is it? 

12 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Why didn't he do well at reading? Played on the wing? where would he play for the Rams if we bought him? 

be two on the same wing then from Reading  - Blackman and Vydra - so we going to play 4 up front - with two on the right wing!!

50 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

Easy tiger!

Understand what you are saying about making a back 3 but that doesn't cover us out wide - our midfielders have shown on numerous occasions that they aren't effective in a diamond especially out wide. Many people complain our fullbacks don't get enough cover as it is! Also without George Thorne who is fit currently to play the tip of the diamond effectively to make a back 3 when the full backs bomb on

A diamond is notoriously difficult to get right especially at lower league levels. Can you tell me 1 team in recent history who has been promoted playing a diamond formation? You may like it but I just can't see NP going for it as it isn't solid enough.

OK! Not too sure what the easy tiger comment was for ? Simple debate ! and thank you for highlighting the fact auto correct put bond instead of bomb I would have struggled to sleep tonight if you had not pointed that out . 

47 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

Easy tiger!

Understand what you are saying about making a back 3 but that doesn't cover us out wide - our midfielders have shown on numerous occasions that they aren't effective in a diamond especially out wide. Many people complain our fullbacks don't get enough cover as it is! Also without George Thorne who is fit currently to play the tip of the diamond effectively to make a back 3 when the full backs bomb on

A diamond is notoriously difficult to get right especially at lower league levels. Can you tell me 1 team in recent history who has been promoted playing a diamond formation? You may like it but I just can't see NP going for it as it isn't solid enough.

Norwich played it at times. And we have one of their players.

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

What we disagree on, then, is the way it would be suited to the players of our club.

Thorne can't be relied on to play 15 games, let alone 46. The diamond creates a massive gap in midfield when the wide midfielders are supporting the fullbacks, so the wide players need the engine of Bryson circa 2013 plus the intelligence of Hughes, PLUS the defensive capabilities of Thorne in order to play the system effectively. Butterfield doesn't have the engine for it, Johnson doesn't have the intelligence for it, Hendrick doesn't have the defensive capabilities for it; only Huighes has the potential to be all thing to all men, but I don't think we can (yet) take for granted that his overall game hasn't suffered from his ACL injury.

In my mind it's too much for a squad where you generally have one player who excels at one thing, but is a bit rubbish at three others to carry off - ie your typical top 6 / top 10 Championship squad, which despite some claims to the contrary, is what we have.

Some would say that Paul Clement was trying to play a system that suited the likes of Real Madrid, but wasn't really adaptable to a team at our level. That point could be countered by looking at Boro under Kawanka - the difference is that they bought the right players to pull it off and stuck with the method, attractive or not, through thick and thin (even when there was somewhat of a revolt against him in the latter p;art of last season) - we pulled the trigger on Clement  before he'd managed to get us 'full-on-Boro' even though ultimately it could have proven successful, went with Wassall to try to emulate McClaren (which was 75% succesful) , and have now doine a 180 with Pearson, who, so far, looks to me making us even less attractive than Boro!

Granted on the Thorne part , real shame because he would suit the role at the base of a diamond perfectly! 

I used to also doubt the defensive capabilities of Jeff too , untill Hull away in the play offs last year which showed me a totally different side too him .

What's done is done now with the other managers . I don't think we can judge NP too much yet on what we've seen because it's obvious he likes his attacking players to have some pace , but because we don't really have that pace up top thesystems not really going too work yet regardless of the shape! 

1 minute ago, Cool As Custard said:

And got promoted when they ditched the diamond in favour of a 442 which kick started their late season good run of form with BJ on the left wing scoring for fun.....

Must of been a different BJ out on the left for them ! Because it certainly isn't the one we played £6 million for ! He looks lost on the left ! 

27 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Why didn't he do well at reading? Played on the wing? where would he play for the Rams if we bought him? 

Left back

12 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Must of been a different BJ out on the left for them ! Because it certainly isn't the one we played £6 million for ! He looks lost on the left ! 

He is lost in Derby city ( it said it all really) 

7 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

Think we must have signed BJ's useless twin brother - either that or he left his mojo in Norwich!

Sigh, what happened to that guy? I was so excited and in genuine shock when we signed him. He lived up to all expectations those first few games, he was immense. 

Hes not even a shadow of the player he was and its rather sad. I'd love more than anyone else for Bradley to find his form again 

13 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

And got promoted when they ditched the diamond in favour of a 442 which kick started their late season good run of form with BJ on the left wing scoring for fun.....

Well technically they got promoted for the points they amassed for the entire season in relation to the points every other team got but I take your point that their form improved. Whether that was formation change or the new manager I don't know. Wes Hoolahan is ace at the tip of a diamond. Just like he plays for Ireland with Hendrick.

Norwich actually went to 4-4-1-1. Where have I heard that before?

Archived