Liverpool at Home

sage

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walk an hour each way to watch us play Grimsby, get home at 11.30 and have to be up for work at 6.30 or stay at home with my kids. Sorry only one winner there.

I'll turn out for Liverpoo though, I think Klopp is cool and it's always nice to see some quality players turn out.

12 hours ago, steve22891 said:

Only just signed up and it's basically to chance my luck with you lads. 

My dad passed away last year and he was a massive Derby fan. I'm a Liverpool fan and 2 days ago it was my birthday. In a weird way I feel like this match is his way of throwing me a wee 'happy birthday' or something. I dunno. 

Anyway, I don't want to pass up this opportunity so thought I'd ask if any of you lads that will be going to the match could maybe grab me a half and half scarf and send it to me? I'll cover the cost of it through PayPal or something, whatever works easiest. 

Send me a PM if any of you would fancy it. Cheers lads and best of luck for the season. 

Genuinly sorry to hear about your Dad Steve.

Now here's the deal. I will send you a half and half scarf if you can get me some nice hub caps and a radio/cd player for a VW Golf. No mucking about with PayPal - let's put everything through ScouseTony. 

Cheers Steve, and best of luck for the Premier season.

5 hours ago, WharfedaleRam said:

Strangely enough, it's one of the teams I don't like after a bit of a 'to do' in the main stand at Anfield with some scousers who didn't appreciate me sitting behind them. My Liverpool-supporting pal reminded them we had all paid the same to watch the footie and they should face the pitch instead of the row behind. Anyway, apart from that, I don't think anything will beat being in the Kop (seated) when we beat them 2-1. Seems like a thousand years ago!

To be fair though, how many of us would like it if forest fans sat behind us in SS? I'd wager none.

It's not gonna be warm handshakes is it really?

Bet Anfield was an experience anyway.;)

Well I am doing a Kevin Keegan on this. "I'd love it's if we beat them, I'd just love it" 

here is my little flight of fancy ... Blood and guts game and hanging on at 1-1 .. Then, a just recovered from his ankle injury Bradley Johnson stabs a winner in the 89th minute .. Roof lifts several inches as Ipro explodes in delight amidst moaning scousers appealing for offside ( it wasn't ) 

Annoyingly it's the Leic v Chelsea on while Derby are playing. Was kinda hoping it'd be NT v Man Utd.

I'll probably end up gaming instead. Will check the forum at HT/FT for the score lol 

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Annoyingly it's the Leic v Chelsea on while Derby are playing. Was kinda hoping it'd be NT v Man Utd.

I'll probably end up gaming instead. Will check the forum at HT/FT for the score lol 

Can't you attend the game at iPro?

22 minutes ago, LauraH said:

Well it's not on TV. Sky have have selected Northampton Town V Man U and quite unbelievably Leicester V Chelsea - i mean seriously out of all the ties why has that game been selected.

No idea but it's stupid idea to select that game anyway. 

1 hour ago, LauraH said:

Well it's not on TV. Sky have have selected Northampton Town V Man U and quite unbelievably Leicester V Chelsea - i mean seriously out of all the ties why has that game been selected.

Why wouldn't chose the game with the most famous club side in the world in it (extra revenue for Murdoch due to increased amount of viewers, adverts etc) and then the game with the current Champions of England against one of the richest clubs in the world...?

Do you honestly think that anyone who hasn't got a vested interest in the Derby Victims game would tune in to watch it? Like I said earlier it is just a team that was famous 40 years ago against a team that was famous 30 years ago.

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Why wouldn't chose the game with the most famous club side in the world in it (extra revenue for Murdoch due to increased amount of viewers, adverts etc) and then the game with the current Champions of England against one of the richest clubs in the world...?

Do you honestly think that anyone who hasn't got a vested interest in the Derby Victims game would tune in to watch it? Like I said earlier it is just a team that was famous 40 years ago against a team that was famous 30 years ago.

Your dismissal of liverpool as a global branding exercise has klopp to stop. 

There will be plenty of neutral folks would tune in and hope liverpool lost.  

7 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Northampton aren't as famous as you make out.

38 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Do you honestly think that anyone who hasn't got a vested interest in the Derby Victims game would tune in to watch it? Like I said earlier it is just a team that was famous 40 years ago against a team that was famous 30 years ago

What a patronising response, why bother? I'm not bothered that our game isn't on. I'm bothered that they selected a match which will probably be shown live on sky anyway this season in the league. I just think it stinks but anyway thanks for the lecture.

On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 22:31, Cam the Ram said:

Doubt it. Northampton vs Man United, Spurs vs Gillingham, West Ham vs Accrington and maybe even Forest vs Arsenal will all be ahead of us I reckon.

Maybe I'm biased but just don't see this. ..West Ham?? Don't really care to much though....Will be 2nd string Liverpool team against Derby's fringe players, in a cup I think is virtually redundant in the modern climate. When we play them in the premier league for 3 points next season THEN it'll be a real fixture. 

On 25 August 2016 at 08:27, Gaspode said:

Better make sure I can go to this one in case Radio Derby decide to broadcast an Ilkeston Town match on the same night :ph34r:

I didn't realise Ilkeston had a football team. How about that!!

17 hours ago, LauraH said:

Happens every round Laura, be it the Your Name Here Cup or FA Cup. They pick games with two Prem teams which will be on TV anyway. Really frustrates me when there are fixtures which may not occur for a hundred years. Sky eh :blink:

Archived