Liverpool at Home

sage

Like Rammieib i'm also disappointed with the pricing too. I went to both earlier rounds and gave praise to the club for the pricing there but for 2 adults and a kid even as ST holders it will cost me nearly 60 quid. I'll go definitely but no way I can afford all of us to go so i'll ask a mate if he wants to come along instead. Still looking forward to it, just disappointed that it's just a bit too much to justify taking the family so they'll miss out. That's business I guess. Just trying to maximise profits so can't blame them for that really.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Like Rammieib i'm also disappointed with the pricing too. I went to both earlier rounds and gave praise to the club for the pricing there but for 2 adults and a kid even as ST holders it will cost me nearly 60 quid. I'll go definitely but no way I can afford all of us to go so i'll ask a mate if he wants to come along instead. Still looking forward to it, just disappointed that it's just a bit too much to justify taking the family so they'll miss out. That's business I guess. Just trying to maximise profits so can't blame them for that really.

I appreciate you're used to non league football, but the ticket prices are pretty much bang in line with similar games in the past. 

Liverpool are guaranteed to sell out, the money from those 3k alone will pay the salary of 3 grassroots coaches for this year, as you say it's a business, albeit not one that will ever turn a profit!

Kids prices are nice and low too, so overall I'd say it's about right.

17 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I appreciate you're used to non league football, but the ticket prices are pretty much bang in line with similar games in the past. 

Liverpool are guaranteed to sell out, the money from those 3k alone will pay the salary of 3 grassroots coaches for this year, as you say it's a business, albeit not one that will ever turn a profit!

See what you're saying Revel and you're probably right. I think if it was a lower league club in the same boat and they drew Liverpool then I think they would charge the same if not more so don't get me wrong, not having a pop at the club. I'm just disappointed for my personal circumstances really knowing that I can't justify 60 quid for my family to go. I'm still going though so that's all that matters.................:lol:;)

19 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I get what you are saying but it won't really when you take match day costs out of it and then pay Liverpool there allocated %. So it'll pay for one for the year in reality.

Chelsea was a quarter final if memory serves me correct? The team and football was better as well...

13 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I get what you are saying but it won't really when you take match day costs out of it and then pay Liverpool there allocated %. So it'll pay for one for the year in reality.

Chelsea was a quarter final if memory serves me correct? The team and football was better as well...

Chelsea was later on, after Xmas when we had a poor run of games, no win in 4 with a couple of 0-0's, I think.

Man Utd was £40 though, that was steep, this isn't .

Every little helps!

This was the lowest I thought the tickets would be priced at, but I hoped the club would come down to this level (rather than the higher prices against Chelski and Man Yoo) given everyone's so negative at the moment. For these prices we may well sell out. It's a balance between maximizing revenue and attendance and for me it's putched just right.

In the two games against Chelsea and the one against Man Yoo we never gave it a go, preferring a policy of containment that was only ever going to keep the score respectable. There's no point being in the cup unless you go for it, so I hope that's going to be the ner plan. Klopp played a very strong team against Burton reserves. It's good to have this as an upcoming match where Pearson can tell the lads with the shirt the're playing to keep their places against Liverpool.

Lot said about the price but I think it's reasonable and the away club will have had some influence.  I recall Man Utd not wanting their 'brand' on sale at below the going rate so some cedit must go to Liverpool for this too.

I'm just looking forward to Klopp giving it some on the touchline!

Got to give this our best shot .. I remember a dour game against them not that long ago Boxing Day I think 2007 or 2008 .. We were outplayed by them but hung on to 1-1 .. It wasn't pretty .. Then Gerrard to gets one in the final minutes .. I can still hear the scouse accents singing "Steve Gerrard Gerrard" to the tune of que sera sera and it  sticks in my throat !  ...it's the cup .. Go down guns blazing and learn something or beat them and add something to who we are . It's a win win day if we do it right. 

• 2 weeks later...

£29 each for a second rate cup game in only the third round is ridiculously over priced. I attended the previous two games but won't be going to this game. I'm not travelling 90 mins to pay nearly £60 for two tickets for a cup that nobody really cares about when I can watch all the goals go in on sky sports news! 

I've got mine at ST holder rate and the kid too. North stand looks a bit sparse also but there is another week yet. A good performance against Ipswich and people will soon change their minds.

Really looking forward to it and gives me a chance to boo Adam Lallana. Those Nivea adverts are the epitome of cringe and every time I see it i just want to slap him round the chops. Although very hydrated chops they will now be.

Only joking. I don't boo. Makes me sound like a toff at a theatre production. Either that or a 4 year old.

Roll on next Tuesday. We can keep it nice and solid and take it to pens again. No way we'll score in normal time though.

Archived