Liverpool at Home

sage

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, leemark said:

Simple economics.  Price elasticity of demand.  In this case they have stretched the elastic (the price) to much and it (demand for tickets) has fallen off a cliff face.  Bust the elastic they have.  Silly.

They assumed we would be playing football people wanted to watch and that Liverpool fans in Derby would buy the rest.

It's a home tie against Liverpool who do respect the competition by playing pretty strong sides.

Yes we aren't playing well and tickets are a bit pricey but it's worth remembering that 2 thirds of the entire football league would yearn for a tie like this. We shouldn't take it for granted.

On paper and on form we should lose comfortably but it doesn't work out like that sometimes.Quite often too.

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

It's a home tie against Liverpool who do respect the competition by playing pretty strong sides.

Yes we aren't playing well and tickets are a bit pricey but it's worth remembering that 2 thirds of the entire football league would yearn for a tie like this. We shouldn't take it for granted.

On paper and on form we should lose comfortably but it doesn't work out like that sometimes.Quite often too.

The fact that we have played Chelsea twice and Man U in the last three years and not even laid a glove on them has probably sapped people's enthusiasm, as has our current form, as has the fact you see plenty of Liverpool on the telly. Can't say I'm interested about the game at all, although I am going because if we do win a) it'll be exciting and b) I'd be mighty pissed off if I'd missed it!

12 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

The fact that we have played Chelsea twice and Man U in the last three years and not even laid a glove on them has probably sapped people's enthusiasm, as has our current form, as has the fact you see plenty of Liverpool on the telly. Can't say I'm interested about the game at all, although I am going because if we do win a) it'll be exciting and b) I'd be mighty pissed off if I'd missed it!

That's a fair point. I'm viewing the game through lower league eyes so I'm genuinely ecstatic about the tie. For others though having seen prem teams come to the ipro and the home players not make a game of it then I can understand why they would think twice this time around. It's a different day though, some new players and manager and so who knows? That's the beauty of football.

1 minute ago, ketteringram said:

Has anyone used print at home? 

Is it just a PDF thing that you print out, like a boarding pass? 

I don't have a computer or printer. Can I email the ticket to work, and print it there? 

Yes. When you print it at work make sure it's formatted to print out as an A4 document. 

You will need the whole barcode to gain admission.

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Can we do what they have on Fifa and forfeit this match so it is only a 3-0 defeat. If Liverpool are up for it then it could get a bit messy for us

Pffft. Come on mate - it's a chance to see at least one team play some decent football at the ipro this season. 

I'll be setting off by rural roads from hants in the next 20 min or so...

I can't foresee any circumstances that won't end up in a win for Derby.

I know Liverpool are a good side, but after we've won convincingly at Bristol City, the confidence will be high enough to see us through to the 4th Round of the League Cup.

I don't think they have a player who can live with Hughsey and he'll be up for this one.

8 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I can't foresee any circumstances that won't end up in a win for Derby.

I know Liverpool are a good side, but after we've won convincingly at Bristol City, the confidence will be high enough to see us through to the 4th Round of the League Cup.

I don't think they have a player who can live with Hughsey and he'll be up for this one.

I'll have some of what you're having

Lose tomorrow at Bristol City & fail to score YET AGAIN, should set us up very nicely to be played off the park by a free scoring Liverpool next Tuesday at the iPro. Should do our players non existent confidence the world of good. God help us, that's all I can say ?

Archived