Liverpool at Home

sage

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, LauraH said:

Well it's not on TV. Sky have have selected Northampton Town V Man U and quite unbelievably Leicester V Chelsea - i mean seriously out of all the ties why has that game been selected.

Taking all bias and emotion away from the decision....

Northampton Town v Jose's posers - The whole country (except for a few in the South East) will tune in praying for a Northampton victory so I can sort of understand that one.

Leicester City v Chelski - poor decision from the broadcasters, a game of absolutely no interest to anyone.

As for the Rams v Liverpool, because of Derby's stature, huge fan base and glorious history, and despite our absence from the top flight for a few years, it wouldn't be seen as giant killing.....

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Taking all bias and emotion away from the decision....

Northampton Town v Jose's posers - The whole country (except for a few in the South East) will tune in praying for a Northampton victory so I can sort of understand that one.

Leicester City v Chelski - poor decision from the broadcasters, a game of absolutely no interest to anyone.

As for the Rams v Liverpool, because of Derby's stature, huge fan base and glorious history, and despite our absence from the top flight for a few years, it wouldn't be seen as giant killing.....

You really do need to pinch yourself. 

I have never looked forward to a game less than this one. There defence is their weak point, but our attack is ours. They put 5 past Burton who just beat us - I think we are in line for a battering even if we play the first team.

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

BTW,  does anyone know who the first team is any more? I'm not sure I do at the moment.

Yeah, i have a feeling like we have another rookie manager who does not know his best formation, best 11, who knows **** all. Players do not like him e.t.c. What a stupid appointment in the first place.  

11 hours ago, MaleRam said:

Yeah, i have a feeling like we have another rookie manager who does not know his best formation, best 11, who knows **** all. Players do not like him e.t.c. What a stupid appointment in the first place.  

Pearson is a good manager proven at several clubs - he is certainly not a rookie who knows nothing. I imagine his best 11 is the same as the one he keeps starting in the league - he isn't really chopping and changing a great deal and if his players play like they did against Burton it won't matter what formation he plays.

13 hours ago, MaleRam said:

Didnt think the players chose the manager or had the right to like him.Its not a perogative to like your manager in any field of work and shouldnt effect your professional standards.

Why was it a stupid appointment?first proven manager in this leauge we have had in years

I'm going to buck the trend and say that I am really looking forward to the game and I think we can keep them out if we concentrate and don't make any stupid defensive gaffes. The beauty of this game might very well be the nail biting drama of trying to repel constant Liverpool pressure and seeing if we can beat the odds by taking it to penalties and in that respect it might be an entertaining game in a perverse way. I can't see us troubling them at the other end sadly but we could still knock them out. Why not?

If the ticket prices are ridiculous I might have to consider whether all the family will go or not but cross that bridge when we come to it.

The great thing about cups is that you can draw the game and still get through the tie.

£25 for season ticket holders, cannot remember if it was £28 or £29 for none season ticket holders.

Bit disappointed in the pricing to be honest, especially with the slack the club had recently. £20 was what I was hoping/expecting.

Although it isn't on th box, I'm not expecting much more than 25,000 max. Of course Pool will sell their 3000 allocation out but how many Derby fans given the current situation will attend?

27 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I'm going to buck the trend and say that I am really looking forward to the game and I think we can keep them out if we concentrate and don't make any stupid defensive gaffes. The beauty of this game might very well be the nail biting drama of trying to repel constant Liverpool pressure and seeing if we can beat the odds by taking it to penalties and in that respect it might be an entertaining game in a perverse way. I can't see us troubling them at the other end sadly but we could still knock them out. Why not?

If the ticket prices are ridiculous I might have to consider whether all the family will go or not but cross that bridge when we come to it.

The great thing about cups is that you can draw the game and still get through the tie.

Season Ticket Holders: £25 Adults, £17.50 Senior Citizens (65+), £14 Under 18s and £7.50 2-12 Year Olds.

A few quid more for non-season ticket holders.

16 minutes ago, rammieib said:

£25 for season ticket holders, cannot remember if it was £28 or £29 for none season ticket holders.

Bit disappointed in the pricing to be honest, especially with the slack the club had recently. £20 was what I was hoping/expecting.

Although it isn't on th box, I'm not expecting much more than 25,000 max. Of course Pool will sell their 3000 allocation out but how many Derby fans given the current situation will attend?

We sold out against Chelsea in the league cup and the prices were £25. I expected same amount for this one which is fair. 

Archived