Fernando Forestieri

DcFc Dyycheee

2 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Owls fan here. The story goes something like this. Forrester was signed for £3.5 million a year ago, and his value now is probably three times that. He sees himself as el caudillo, numero uno. But his contract has remained the same, and certainly isn't (or wasn't) in the McCormack/Gray bracket. That irked him, but what positively inflamed him is that Fletcher was parachuted in on £40 K a week, and others have had pay rises. For example Tom Lees, a centre half, is known to be on £25 K a week now. Chansiri only upped Lees' salary when PL clubs started sniffing around. In other words, he only coughs up if he has to. He's yet to learn that dealing with footballers isn't like dealing with wet fish.

How do you feel about the relationship between Forestieri and Carvalhal now?

It's all very well kicking off to get a better deal out of the club if the owner acts that way... But generally if I want a pay rise I ask my line manager and if they don't manage it I look elsewhere...

However I would imagine Carvalhal is probably pretty righteous in his condemnation at the moment...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Who is it at Derby who identifies these targets and suggests them as credible signings?

All we have done is unsettle a player for a rival causing bad blood between both clubs and sets of fans and have ended up looking like mugs with egg on our face.  

I didn't speak to many fans who thought this was a possible transfer.

I just hope Nixon was right when he said there was really another target instead of FF.

Oh come on MRIG - we don't actually know that we bid for FF so there's no egg on face if he doesn't come (though we do have it that we did on reasonably good authority) but why shouldn't we go after one of the better players in the championship and one who will fit a new system? And why shouldn't we upset another promotion challenging team even if it does happen to cause ill feeling between fans - are you suggesting that we shouldn't bid for a player from another club if their fans don't want us to?

Because it was an extremely unlikely transfer to start with. 

For us to reject a bid of around 7 million for Hendrick and then bid 7 million for FF, a striker who scored 15 goals last season in the current market, you do wonder just how serious we were.

I don't mind bidding for a rivals player,  but if we do, at least bid an amount that will likely end with success.

Newcastle for example, they identify a player, bid an acceptable amount and within a couple of days they are signed.....we identify a player, bid a low amount, pee of the opposition manager, rile their fans and end up with no player.

Maybe we are skint but want to appease the fans by pretending we are interested in players by bidding on players we know we aren't realistically going to sign? I know it was rumoured that Mel has all this extra money this season, but we haven't seen it and we are clearly a striker short if we want to play 4-4-2. Just a thought. 

16 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Maybe we are skint but want to appease the fans by pretending we are interested in players by bidding on players we know we aren't realistically going to sign? I know it was rumoured that Mel has all this extra money this season, but we haven't seen it and we are clearly a striker short if we want to play 4-4-2. Just a thought. 

I don't think mels as rich as we think, it could be a case of being fooled like forest were with fawaz.

It is ever so slightly reminiscent of when GSE were here, only in the sense that we were crying out for some new blood on the pitch but instead the Americans had spent 1 million quid fitting the new advertising boards and gave the stadium a lick of paint and went on about it like we had signed a top striker.

This season we have bought new grass from B&Q, spent shed loads on the academy but not invested in the couple of players we o so desperately needed after the collapse we witnessed last season.

We were told in January that FFP would not be a problem, so if it is that was false information. We knew we needed to trim the squad, but it looks more like we need to sell before we can buy.

Something isn't quite right.

11 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It is ever so slightly reminiscent of when GSE were here, only in the sense that we were crying out for some new blood on the pitch but instead the Americans had spent 1 million quid fitting the new advertising boards and gave the stadium a lick of paint and went on about it like we had signed a top striker.

This season we have bought new grass from B&Q, spent shed loads on the academy but not invested in the couple of players we o so desperately needed after the collapse we witnessed last season.

We were told in January that FFP would not be a problem, so if it is that was false information. We knew we needed to trim the squad, but it looks more like we need to sell before we can buy.

Mel spent 25 million of his money last year and in this league that should have been enough to launch a really strong bid for promotion. Not his fault that some of the money was directed in to players that didn't really fit the bill or wanted to play.

Getting on those players back this early in the season also does not help their confidence which I am sure Pearson is trying to re-establish and build.

Throwing more money at the situation wont help unless Pearson can find the starting 11 + subs which he can build around. Then and just then can he think about who he can off load and who he might bring in to strengthen the squad.

So give him time and get behind the team.

Encouragement goes a long way.

31 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Surely we would have sold Hendrick by now if that was the case.

Can't we just sell millions of shirts with Ibrahmovic on the back???

What Mel Morris has done for Derby County is nothing short of epic, we are boxing with the big boys at the top end of the division rather than hoping we avoid relegation.

And yes upon reflection I think we would have snapped burnleys hands off if we were in FFP worries.

I am sure we have the right man in Pearson and I'm also sure he wouldn't have come here if there was no money to spend. 

I'm sure 3 points tonight and a new signing before Villa on Saturday we sort us right out.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

What Mel Morris has done for Derby County is nothing short of epic, we are boxing with the big boys at the top end of the division rather than hoping we avoid relegation.

I agree... Having a go at Unlce Mel is pointless... I have questioned some of his decisions in the past 18 months but at the most basic level he has taken us from "plucky team doing well on a shoestring" to "serious contenders every year"

The fact that 3 years after missing out at Wembley pundits are still talking about us as one of the challengers for automatic in a league with Newcastle, Villa and a strong Norwich is a testament to the investment Mel has made...

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

And yes upon reflection I think we would have snapped burnleys hands off if we were in FFP worries.

We would have sold SOMEONE by now if there was any danger... Combined £14m bids for Martin and Hendrick would have sorted us entirely I would imagine?

Archived