Fernando Forestieri

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, PGApro said:

so how rich do you think he is?

He was already a multi-millionaire before he sold his stake in King... Then the financial reports were that he cashed out for between £400m and £450m...

I can't imagine the club cost him much more than £50m? Then another £25m on players... So I imagine he's still got a few dollar-bucks left...

10 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

I don't think mels as rich as we think, it could be a case of being fooled like forest were with fawaz.

Mel's wealth is out there, if you go and look it up.

Also I know it's not just "making the numbers look nice" as the company I work for (a very small one, so I knew what was happening at great detail) sought his investment and spoke in decent detail about it all before he ate away all his time investing in some small time football club. 

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

He was already a multi-millionaire before he sold his stake in King... Then the financial reports were that he cashed out for between £400m and £450m...

I can't imagine the club cost him much more than £50m? Then another £25m on players... So I imagine he's still got a few dollar-bucks left...

The club cost the Americans £50m, and we were a far better business prospect when Mel bought it. So I imagine there's at least some profit for the Americans there. 

7 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

He also has other business investements ongoing and sold out with partners in 2004 Udate for substantial sums of money. I dont think we need to worry remotely about Mels wealth

11 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

That'll be the clubs money , depreciating assets. Non of that 25m will have come from Mel's own pockets

2 minutes ago, PGApro said:

He also has other business investements ongoing and sold out with partners in 2004 Udate for substantial sums of money. I dont think we need to worry remotely about Mels wealth

He's been listed several times in the press recently as a billionaire. I also remember a TV interview where the interviewer introduced him as a billionaire and he didn't make any attempt to contradict that. I don't think we need to worry about Mel's wealth.

His decision to hire rookies last season and blow £30m is questionable though, and seems to be coming back to haunt us now. 

It doesn't matter how much money your owner has, if you spend £25m, without selling anyone, you're going to be walking the FFP tightrope.

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that FFP has played a factor in our transfer approach this season. 

12 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

He's been listed several times in the press recently as a billionaire. I also remember a TV interview where the interviewer introduced him as a billionaire and he didn't make any attempt to contradict that. I don't think we need to worry about Mel's wealth.

His decision to hire rookies last season and blow £30m is questionable though, and seems to be coming back to haunt us now. 

Woah... I thought maybe just half a one...

19 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Just had a quick look around the web... DET reckons as of April his net wealth was £550m... And that's actually UP £100m since he's taken charge of us! :)

There are other Derbyshire connected peeps with more... The Duke of Devonshire at £870m and John Bloor (?) at £1.25 Bn

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Just had a quick look around the web... DET reckons as of April his net wealth was £550m... And that's actually UP £100m since he's taken charge of us! :)

There are other Derbyshire connected peeps with more... The Duke of Devonshire at £870m and John Bloor (?) at £1.25 Bn

That comes from the Forbes list which actually measure assets. It does not include cash (e.g., the proceeds of selling his stake in King), investments in non-PLC stock, e.g. gilts or anything stashed in a tax haven. 

7 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

That comes from the Forbes list which actually measure assets. It does not include cash (e.g., the proceeds of selling his stake in King), investments in non-PLC stock, e.g. gilts or anything stashed in a tax haven. 

Probably worth £10 billion then the wily old fox!

Just now, nottingram said:

Looking forward to seeing what squad number we give him

Lol. I would have loved him here but lets face it.

He never wanted to leave, he was given bad advice by his agent and went about it the completely the wrong way.

He will be given a new contract so he's got what he wanted but just a shame we didn't jump in last week and snatch him away when he was on the ropes.

shame really.

17 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Hmmmm I think it was actually from The Times but not sure where they got the info from... And I think £450m was the number quoted AFTER he sold his stake in King...

But I may be wrong... When someone is THAT loaded it's beyond my scope of understanding money-wise... I know he's not Scrooge McDuck rich... Possibly not Batman rich... But maybe Richie Rich rich...

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Triumph motorcycles?

Yeh

Archived