Fernando Forestieri

DcFc Dyycheee

4 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

ok enough now , us and the wendies have got in a right state over a player who may or may not be happy , may or may not be coming to us or Newcastle , personally i hope he stays where he is  and the money so called earmarked for him is put to more use by signing players we actually need , ie a winger or two and somebody to play the Thorne role in midfield , we dont need a player who holds us over a barrel when things arent going his way , not that Big Sam would let him

There is no indication that Pearson will play that way so would be a waste of funds.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Premier ram said:

most formations need a player who can win the ball and use it sensibly to start attacks , sadly something we dont have when Thornes injured

Hughes can to an extent.

But he doesn't seem to be overly popular at the moment.

4 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Hughes can to an extent.

He is a bit wasted when he is asked to play too deep a role in my opinion.  Needs to play a little higher up the pitch than Thorne.  Still waiting for those two to get a decent run in the side together !

3 minutes ago, Highgate said:

He is a bit wasted when he is asked to play too deep a role in my opinion.  Needs to play a little higher up the pitch than Thorne.  Still waiting for those two to get a decent run in the side together !

Me too... But in the absence of anyone better...

I'd love to see Thorne and Hughes in a midfield 2.

26 minutes ago, Highgate said:

the whole team was too deep on Saturday, they had no energy left by the time they got to the Barnsley goal.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

the whole team was too deep on Saturday, they had no energy left by the time they got to the Barnsley goal.

I believe the team only needed tweeking, the last few seasons gave us a solid base to work on. I know we didn't achieve promotion  but with a few small changes and a settled side I think we would be fine. My worry is that this season will fizzle out. I hate been negative but with a squad of players struggling to adapt to a new system and no new signings in sight, out and out wingers I just think that by the time we get the right players to play the system and settled we could be mid table. Anyone who has seen us over the last few years would know that we don't have effective players in the wide areas. 

Still a bit intrigued re. Mackworth Ram and his ability to see into the future. He knew 24 hours before that FF would be a no show. Always assumed that his ITK came from having inside knowledge or contact at Derby. If that is the case discussions with FF must have been quite advanced if someone at Derby was informed of his intention to "strike". Obviously there are two other scenarios. Mackworth's feed has his fingers in more pies than one, or Mackworth has taken a crash course in reading tea leaves to defeat his nemesis SDSR.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

Still a bit intrigued re. Mackworth Ram and his ability to see into the future. He knew 24 hours before that FF would be a no show. Always assumed that his ITK came from having inside knowledge or contact at Derby. If that is the case discussions with FF must have been quite advanced if someone at Derby was informed of his intention to "strike". Obviously there are two other scenarios. Mackworth's feed has his fingers in more pies than one, or Mackworth has taken a crash course in reading tea leaves to defeat his nemesis SDSR.

Tea leaves... Definitely tea leaves...

I wonder if he knows a couple of agents? That would cover knowledge from a number of places... Also covers the fact that for some Derby transfers he doesn't have any info...

55 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Hughes can to an extent.

accept your point , but for me Hughesy needs to be loading the bullets for the strikers , not having to worry about winning the ball back , sign Gunnarsson or Jedinak let them do the dirty work and then give it to Will to work his magic

18 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

he's mates with Barry Bannan?

Alright lads and lasses, I am new to the forum so hello to all :o) It's not Forestieri related but is in the sense of a new striker..  I have just seen on Sky Sports that Charlie Austin is apparently being linked with a season long loan back to QPR. If they QPR haven't got first 'dibs' on him due to sell on clauses we should make a move for him.. He was always a pain in the ar*e when he played against us for Burnley and would get 20+ goals in this league! 

16 minutes ago, DCFC83 said:

Alright lads and lasses, I am new to the forum so hello to all :o) It's not Forestieri related but is in the sense of a new striker..  I have just seen on Sky Sports that Charlie Austin is apparently being linked with a season long loan back to QPR. If they QPR haven't got first 'dibs' on him due to sell on clauses we should make a move for him.. He was always a pain in the ar*e when he played against us for Burnley and would get 20+ goals in this league! 

Welcome to the forum!

We have a thread here for transfer suggestions... although to be fair with the sheer amount of time we spend off-topic it is difficult to know why...

3 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

I think that can be applied to most football fans though....despite FF refusing to play, the manager having a rant on sky TV about agents, tapping up etc and saying that under no circumstances he will leave the club, it's the agents fault, he was misunderstood etc....

He has effectively been backed into a corner and had no choice but to release this statement, his alternatives were limited, however anyone who thinks he his happy there is disillusioned, given what has gone on in the past week.  I say well done to the manager and chairman in showing that the player signed a contract only last year, and he should honour those terms until they decide otherwise.

If he was a Derby player and had done this, I think I'd be also putting them blinkers on and be welcoming him back into the fold and blaming other outside influences, however deep down knowing that the better outcome is to get him out of the club. 

Hence why I said "football fans are fickle", not just Sheffield Wednesday fans. 

Owls fan here. The story goes something like this. Forrester was signed for £3.5 million a year ago, and his value now is probably three times that. He sees himself as el caudillo, numero uno. But his contract has remained the same, and certainly isn't (or wasn't) in the McCormack/Gray bracket. That irked him, but what positively inflamed him is that Fletcher was parachuted in on £40 K a week, and others have had pay rises. For example Tom Lees, a centre half, is known to be on £25 K a week now. Chansiri only upped Lees' salary when PL clubs started sniffing around. In other words, he only coughs up if he has to. He's yet to learn that dealing with footballers isn't like dealing with wet fish.

Archived