Fernando Forestieri

DcFc Dyycheee

Just now, DCFCArmy said:

We're still close to FFP though, makes no difference how rich the owner is on that front, unless he slips certain people brown envelopes, then it'll be a difference... QPR??

not sure if you understand how FFP works.

it's on a rolling 3 year period, so they take into account the profits/losses over that period.

Given that we spent pittance up until summer 2014, then bought Thorne. Following year Ince, Johnson, Butterfield and co, and then consider that Ince was the up front cash deal (to trigger clause) and the rest were staggered payments over 3-4 years. We have actually only spent half of Thorne's fee, and 1/3 or 1/4 of the rest in the last 3 seasons. 

Offset against the best turnover in the league, and the most TV money in the league, and the best corporate income in the league. I don't think we've even got close to the threshold. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

We're still close to FFP though, makes no difference how rich the owner is on that front, unless he slips certain people brown envelopes, then it'll be a difference... QPR??

One thing people are overlooking though is that due to the increase in the PL TV deals kicking in this season, the money allocated for football league sides has increased too. Based on previous allocations and the increase seen for the PL deals, the figure could be around £2.5m for Championship clubs. 

11 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

not sure if you understand how FFP works.

it's on a rolling 3 year period, so they take into account the profits/losses over that period.

Given that we spent pittance up until summer 2014, then bought Thorne. Following year Ince, Johnson, Butterfield and co, and then consider that Ince was the up front cash deal (to trigger clause) and the rest were staggered payments over 3-4 years. We have actually only spent half of Thorne's fee, and 1/3 or 1/4 of the rest in the last 3 seasons. 

Offset against the best turnover in the league, and the most TV money in the league, and the best corporate income in the league. I don't think we've even got close to the threshold. 

If that's the case then great. we'll wait and see what happens on that front in a few months time.

26 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

May aswell lock this thread now.

He won't be joining us. 

Given your rather pathetic track record, he's probably on his way down the M1 now.

21 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

any need? 

didn't say anything abusive or offensive and yet you feel the need to call me pathetic.

childish.

I said that your track record of predictions was pathetic. If you can't tell the difference between that and calling you personally pathetic, then I suggest that you ought to pay a little more attention.

Have you abused anyone recently on Twitter?

42 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

any need? 

didn't say anything abusive or offensive and yet you feel the need to call me pathetic.

childish.

Given the abuse we've all seen you handing out on Twitter, you seem to be of an extraordinarily sensitive disposition when you get a dose of your own medicine. 

7 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Their chairman has issued a statement saying that they will not be selling any of their best players.

Time to move on...

Most of us are long gone mate,

this threads a decent source of humour though. 

4 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

It doesn't matter how much money your owner has, if you spend £25m, without selling anyone, you're going to be walking the FFP tightrope.

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that FFP has played a factor in our transfer approach this season. 

More likely that he is not stupid. He has spent a lot of money on the academy and players. You don't make money by throwing it around just because you can. Just being sensible, not being held to ransom by other clubs, and putting some control into the County coffers.

10 minutes ago, bcnram said:

More likely that he is not stupid. He has spent a lot of money on the academy and players. You don't make money by throwing it around just because you can. Just being sensible, not being held to ransom by other clubs, and putting some control into the County coffers.

I of course support investment in the academy but it would be nice if we could develop a few more into first team players. 

The route seems to be promising, much-vaunted, Chesterfield, obscurity.

3 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

any need? 

childish.

Hahaha awkward moment when you told other member childish yet it's okay for you to 'abuse' footballers on Twitter. AWKWARD 

Archived