Johnny Russell

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yeah and even though I'm Russell bashing I'd actually pick him to start too. lol

Barring injury, the only way Russell doesn't start, assuming no signings, is if we go 3-5-2. Russell isn't perfect but I don't think we'd easily replace him for the sort of fee we'd get for him.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BottrillRAM said:

300k turned down for their other target, will need at least 10 times that to even get Derby to consider the offer - unlikely to happen IMO! 

They can't afford him, they are focusing on small bids for Scottish players.....

4 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Here we go again. Another thread turning into a valuation speculation thread. Any player is only worth what someone is willing to pay for them.

Not exactly. Russell will probably be worth more than Birmingham is willing to pay.

30 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Here we go again. Another thread turning into a valuation speculation thread. Any player is only worth what someone is willing to pay for them.

OR

A player is worth what the selling club is willing to let them go for...

8 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

OR

A player is worth what the selling club is willing to let them go for...

Again, only worth to Birmingham what a club offers for the player, he might be worth £5 or £10 million to us which is irrelevant to Birmingham.

If Russell is surplus and we need to off load then again he is only worth want some other club wishes to pay. If he is not surplus we can put as much on his head as we feel fit to do, he could be worth £20 million

23 minutes ago, toddy said:

But only to us.

To Birmingham he is only worth want they offer.

I get what you mean. But yet again not exactly correct. They might offer more if they had more money. So if their bid get rejected, they might be willing to pay more but aren't able to do so.

53 minutes ago, toddy said:

Again, only worth to Birmingham what a club offers for the player, he might be worth £5 or £10 million to us which is irrelevant to Birmingham.

If Russell is surplus and we need to off load then again he is only worth want some other club wishes to pay. If he is not surplus we can put as much on his head as we feel fit to do, he could be worth £20 million

Yes but that is subjective worth not objective worth... A players value is whatever is the HIGHEST amount of any individual club who wants them... That includes the club they already play for...

ie, if we wouldn't sell him for less than £5m and Birmingham think he's worth £3m then he's worth £5m...

2 hours ago, toddy said:

Of course it's relevant to Bham. Let's say we value him at £5 mill, this is what Bham would need to pay to agree terms. Ok, they can bid whatever they like, but our valuation is an indication of what it will take.

As others have said, I suspect that Russell's value as a key member of the team boy on the pitch and in the dressing room possibly puts him out of reach of teams who will value him a lot lower

36 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Yes but that is subjective worth not objective worth... A players value is whatever is the HIGHEST amount of any individual club who wants them... That includes the club they already play for...

ie, if we wouldn't sell him for less than £5m and Birmingham think he's worth £3m then he's worth £5m...

Yes agreed the value to us would be £5 million, not to other teams.

e.g. Villa pay Fulham £12 million for McCormack because to Villa he is valued at a £12 million player and not the £15 Fulham originally wanted. Others teams didn't bid, not because he is a Shiite player but because their value of him was not £12 million.

A player is only really worth what somebody is willing to pay for him.

We could place a £30 million value on Hughes, doesn't mean he's worth that amount to any other club..........only us.

3 minutes ago, toddy said:

Yes agreed the value to us would be £5 million, not to other teams.

e.g. Villa pay Fulham £12 million for McCormack because to Villa he is valued at a £12 million player and not the £15 Fulham originally wanted. Others teams didn't bid, not because he is a Shiite player but because their value of him was not £12 million.

A player is only really worth what somebody is willing to pay for him.

We could place a £30 million value on Hughes, doesn't mean he's worth that amount to any other club..........only us.

Yes... But that's what I'm saying... You're still talking about subjective value... The objective value is whatever price a club is willing to part for the player at... So the value of McCormack is £12m... 

3 minutes ago, bornandbredram94 said:

Don't know how accurate my Blue Nose friend is, but he reckons Russell has been made available for 500k??

Think Russell being given the number 7 shirt would say not.

Archived