Johnny Russell

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

Keep.

All I know is that my 7-year-old loves to sign the Johnny Russell song all the way from Cape Town.

Please tell me that's the "runs down the wing for me" song?

PistoldPete2
9 hours ago, toddy said:

Again, only worth to Birmingham what a club offers for the player, he might be worth £5 or £10 million to us which is irrelevant to Birmingham.

If Russell is surplus and we need to off load then again he is only worth want some other club wishes to pay. If he is not surplus we can put as much on his head as we feel fit to do, he could be worth £20 million

Russell isnt surplus. 

On 22 July 2016 at 12:12, Seth's left foot said:

No deal,he's one of the few players that we have who provide much needed tempo.

Spot on. There are times when he loses the ball or his touch lets him down. Frustrating ! But these are the few percentage points between a good player and a great player. ... But when we are flagging and not "getting in to them" Johnny is one of the few that can Instill urgency and energy.  

4 minutes ago, Purpleram said:

I know he has a mass of fans behind him but I can't see, for the life of me, what people see in him. Odd flashes of ok-ness aside.

There'll be hell to pay once the JR fans read this!  :lol:

12 minutes ago, Purpleram said:

I know he has a mass of fans behind him but I can't see, for the life of me, what people see in him. Odd flashes of ok-ness aside.

He scores and creates goals... I think that's the main argument?

And he always gives 100%...

That's a complaint about a lot of modern footballers... they don't give enough (I certainly believe that about Shackell)

9 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

He scores and creates goals... I think that's the main argument?

And he always gives 100%...

That's a complaint about a lot of modern footballers... they don't give enough (I certainly believe that about Shackell)

Doesn't score or create enough for the countless times he loses it or play breaks up because of his errors. If it's just plucky triers we are after then we are going to be perpetual bridesmaids. 

1 minute ago, Purpleram said:

Doesn't score or create enough for the countless times he loses it or play breaks up because of his errors. If it's just plucky triers we are after then we are going to be perpetual bridesmaids. 

Well I feel that is more your opinion than anything concrete... As 'countless' is not a number... However some stats to consider:

3rd highest goalscorer in the squad last year

Joint 2nd assists

4th highest Key passes per game

4th highest successful dribbles per game

Now you could argue that he is also 6th highest for being dispossessed and 3rd highest for bad control per game...

However he comes in at 1.5 bad touches per game vs Ince at 2.2

Obviously this is a stat which is likely to  be MUCH higher in anyone in a forward role...

You can twist or quote statistics all you like, but I prefer to watch the game and make my own mind up. 

If we are after promotion then he ain't good enough. Whatever you think of Ince, if Pearson can get similar effort out of him as JR gives, the net results will be massive.

JR is bang average and he tries really hard, so he probably can't improve. Ince is class but hasn't the same work ethic as JR, IMO the skys the limit for Ince, if he wants it enough.

2 minutes ago, Purpleram said:

And if JR averages only 1.5 bad touches a game I'm a fricken Dutchman. 

Hi paars ram . Hoe gaat het met je?

Archived