Johnny Russell

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, curtains said:

Where are his goals against the promoted  teams since he's been at Derby. 

Does he turn up in the big games. 

Those goals are all at Home. 

Any good away goals. 

Does he create goals for others ! 

What about this for a finish

You didn't ask for assists and to be honest I cannot be bothered to go through finding them all for you on youtube.

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Ok I'm convinced . 

Keep Johnny at Derby. 

Just amazes me that you are so keen on keeping Johnson and Hendrick when they have contributed less in the last couple of seasons than Johnny.

I think we should have a long think about any bid that comes in for Johnny and not be too quick to accept it like some on here. People saying he is league 1 standard at best :blink: give him away :mellow: offers nothing to the team :sleep: just pure ridiculous,

Yes he is inconsistent, and can be poor at times, but when he is on form and confident, there are not many wingers that are better than him in this division.

Sell him. The git hurt my leg at Burton with a wayward shot (I was protecting the Memsahib) but did he give me his shirt as compensation? Did he buggery.

10 minutes ago, rynny said:

Just amazes me that you are so keen on keeping Johnson and Hendrick when they have contributed less in the last couple of seasons than Johnny.

I think we should have a long think about any bid that comes in for Johnny and not be too quick to accept it like some on here. People saying he is league 1 standard at best :blink: give him away :mellow: offers nothing to the team :sleep: just pure ridiculous,

Yes he is inconsistent, and can be poor at times, but when he is on form and confident, there are not many wingers that are better than him in this division.

But by that argument you could include Bryson and Hughes last season .

They are playing in different positions to Johnny .

Johnny is a winger and his prime job is to create and score goals where as a midfielder has different tasks. 

Johnny even admitted he has to do better than he did last season and so does the team as a whole. 

I would like him to stay though for sure. 

21 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Not sure why there's such a fuss over McManaman. I imagine most people would like a winger who can chip in with a few goals and also create goals for fellow forwards. He doesn't do much of either.

To be fair, McManaman is playing in a division higher.

11 minutes ago, curtains said:

But by that argument you could include Bryson and Hughes last season .

They are playing in different positions to Johnny .

Johnny is a winger and his prime job is to create and score goals where as a midfielder has different tasks. 

Johnny even admitted he has to do better than he did last season and so does the team as a whole. 

I would like him to stay though for sure. 

Well not really as Hughes and Bryson missed more games than they played.

How many games did they influence last season? Johnson started off really well but faded with the team, then had the home game against Hull. But what game did Jeff play that he affected, maybe Leeds away and Hull away both times? Any other stand out performances?

Yes you are right, he admitted he needed to do better because he was inconsistent, as was the rest of the team. And if Nigel can get Johnny performing like he can more often than not he will be a key player for us.

9 minutes ago, rynny said:

Well not really as Hughes and Bryson missed more games than they played.

How many games did they influence last season? Johnson started off really well but faded with the team, then had the home game against Hull. But what game did Jeff play that he affected, maybe Leeds away and Hull away both times? Any other stand out performances?

Yes you are right, he admitted he needed to do better because he was inconsistent, as was the rest of the team. And if Nigel can get Johnny performing like he can more often than not he will be a key player for us.

I'm being devils advocate here. 

Johnny is a great guy in fact I was probably one of the first people to speak to him at the Burton Albion friendly after he signed talking about places to live in Derby etc etc. 

I remember pages and pages on here hoping Clough would get his man and I was delighted when he finally signed  

We all have short memories at times.  

10 minutes ago, toddy said:

To be fair, McManaman is playing in a division higher.

Well sitting on the bench or the stands in a higher division. He has only played 4 games since the turn of the year and 25 games in the last 18 months.

I think we will see an awful lot of our players improve this season under Pearson. Maybe not straight away but I'm positive they will.

I'd keep him, If we want promotion we need a big squad.

An on form Johnny Russell will be a massive asset to this club, selling for roughly 2 mill would be mad.

4 hours ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Ok if you sold Russell today then who realistically would you replace him with tomorrow atleast Russell turns up most games unlike ince on the other side.

Ince is better than Russell. Produces way more. 

Archived