Johnny Russell

North_Stand_Ram

1 minute ago, BathRam72 said:

I might be wrong in the way you totalled that up. But assuming you are counting a goal in a win as 3 points and an assist in a win as helping to get another 3 points. Then the total surely is 28 points that Johnny has either directly scored and or assisted in.

I took away his goals and assists to see what the score would have been and the difference is what I used, for example the goal in the 1-0 against Charlton was 2 points gained as without his goal it would be 0-0 and 1 point for us instead of the 3 for the win. His goal against Bristol in the 4-0 attributed 0 points gained.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Bid from a championship club according to  @TransferCentreL, who only tweet out reports from papers, journalists ect... Can't find who atm 

same person now saying were considering a bid for David Nugent

21 minutes ago, rynny said:

I took away his goals and assists to see what the score would have been and the difference is what I used, for example the goal in the 1-0 against Charlton was 2 points gained as without his goal it would be 0-0 and 1 point for us instead of the 3 for the win. His goal against Bristol in the 4-0 attributed 0 points gained.

Cheers

43 minutes ago, rynny said:

17 points added to our total through direct actions of Russell, not bad for a player that adds nothing to the team. 

So 22% of our total points came as a direct result of J-Russ last season then?

Interestingly ineffective...

I love it when a stat comes together

Maybe a better indication of Russell's performance should be how many goals from how many shots taken.

I remember a similar argument when some were saying Andy Cole was the best striker in the league when he was playing for UTD, until somebody checked on chances on goal - to goals scored ratio.

He is possibly a sub player in our squad so is £3 million worth it for a sub?

Yes, possibly.

I think why people have come with the interpretation that Russell has no end product is because a lot of his goals and assists, like Martin come in 5/6 game spells. He plays well for 5/6 games which contribute to his stats then struggles for 5/6 games. I don't really like to look at goal/assist these days because they can be easily manipulated to support a claim. I prefer to see the stats where they show how important their goals/assists were like the 22% stat as someone else said which is very impressive imo.  The frustrating thing with Johnny is that he creates a bit of magic (see assist v Preston) but then a month later he can't pass the ball 5 yards. I think that's the reason why he is still a championship player. I'd keep him because he is a good championship winger and there are other positions we should prioritize before thinking getting rid of one of the most liked players in the dressing room.

1 minute ago, toddy said:

Maybe a better indication of Russell's performance should be how many goals from how many shots taken.

I remember a similar argument when some were saying Andy Cole was the best striker in the league when he was playing for UTD, until somebody checked on chances on goal - to goals scored ratio.

A goal every 6.4 shots

11 minutes ago, toddy said:

He is possibly a sub player in our squad so is £3 million worth it for a sub?

Yes, possibly.

8 minutes ago, rynny said:

A goal every 6.4 shots

Just to compare with the rest of the team that has 2 or more goals.

Martin 6.8 shots

Ince 10.7

Butterfield 7.8

Johnson 13.2

Weimann 8.25

Byson 9

Bent 8.5

Thorne 23

Hendrick 28

1 minute ago, rynny said:

Just to compare with the rest of the team that has 2 or more goals.

Martin 6.8 shots

Ince 10.7

Butterfield 7.8

Johnson 13.2

Weimann 8.25

Byson 9

Bent 8.5

Thorne 23

Hendrick 28

Says it all really. I bet the sell mongers will still have another argument as to why we should get rid.

5 minutes ago, toddy said:

That's pretty dam good, but the question I would be now asking [if I was NP] is why has a forward for Derby County only managed 64 shots in a complete season?

Using the same parameters for my other list for total shots

Martin 102

Ince 128

Butterfield 55

Johnson 66

Weimann 33

Bryson 27

Bent 17

Thorne 46

Hendrick 56

9 minutes ago, rynny said:

A goal every 6.4 shots

Just checked to see how that ranks with the other higher scoring midfielders in the Championship.

Russell 6.4

Butterfield 7.7

Johnson 7.8

Toral 7.9

Forestieri 8.5

Judge 8.6

Chery 9.1

Diame 9.7

Ince 10.4

Phillips 11.6

Not too bad.

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Just checked to see how that ranks with the other higher scoring midfielders in the Championship.

Russell 6.4

Butterfield 7.7

Johnson 7.8

Toral 7.9

Forestieri 8.5

Judge 8.6

Chery 9.1

Diame 9.7

Ince 10.4

Phillips 11.6

Not too bad.

I got slightly different for those :huh:

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

I got slightly different for those :huh:

The Johnson is Daniel Johnson from Preston. :p

And I was using Squakwa for their stats so I'm guessing you used something different? WhoScored maybe? Squakwa has Butterfield down as 54 shots and Ince as 125.

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

The Johnson is Daniel Johnson from Preston. :p

And I was using Squakwa for their stats so I'm guessing you used something different? WhoScored maybe? Squakwa has Butterfield down as 54 shots and Ince as 125.

Ah that explains the Johnson one. Yes I am using whoscored.com have Butters as 55 and Ince as 128. Not much in it tbf.

Archived