Johnny Russell

North_Stand_Ram

44 minutes ago, rynny said:

What players should we signing of a higher standard, in your opinion? What players for other teams impress you? What is the baseline we are working with?

You have said a numerous times that he isn't good enough but you haven't said who or what is good enough. What are your expectations for a wide man that plays for a top 6 championship team?

The debate gets boring and repetitive when all is being offered is he is bang average, occasional ok-Ness and when asked who we should replace him with all that is offered is it's not my job. And you wonder why people get frustrated?

I wasn't debating, I was offering an opinion. You get frustrated because you take life, and trivial things like football, wayyyy too seriously.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

Money all is a very good film, however I'll still maintain that for me judging a players football abilities is based upon what I see on the pitch not on a piece of paper or screen.  Just my view and I'll leave it at that :-)

Why do you think it's one OR the other? My point is why would you only use one... When both are available?

44 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Or just being asked to back up your views with some evidence?

What is it these days with people thinking evidence is a worthless thing? In a day and age where there is more and more data available for everything there seems to be this great rush by everyone to just say "Yeh well those are just numbers and I don't care what they say"...

I am a HUGE believer in one opinion being worth exactly the same as another... But you can back up an opinion to show that is has an actual basis in something other than conjecture... 

Surely the relative merits of a player is based on opinion, it can't be facts, stats can may weight to an opinion possibly but don't make them facts.

Whose the best player in the world ever, Pele, Ronaldo, Messi, Maradona Johnny Russell? 

And you SOO are not a HUGE believer in one opinion being worth exactly the same as another.

21 minutes ago, Purpleram said:

I wasn't debating, I was offering an opinion. You get frustrated because you take life, and trivial things like football, wayyyy too seriously.

My mistake, you want people to hear what you have to say but not what they have to say, then complain that they said something about what you said.

I am on here to discuss and debate all things Derby and what ever things interest me that other people throw up, and assume that everyone that posts on here wants to debate as well, not make statements of their opinion, and would hazard a guess that is the same for most other posters, so when someone, like yourself keeps making the same statement without debating and having a discussion, like what forums are for, they are bound to get a little frustration. Me, nah, I don't take anything seriously, and the only time I get frustrated is when trying to deal with idiots and having to explain things in simple terms to them.

I wrote a longer response but will stick with keeping it simple... 

27 minutes ago, Purpleram said:

Surely the relative merits of a player is based on opinion

Yes... 

29 minutes ago, Purpleram said:

Surely the relative merits of a player is based on opinion, it can't be facts

Yes... An opinion cannot be a fact...

29 minutes ago, Purpleram said:

Surely the relative merits of a player is based on opinion, it can't be facts, stats can may weight to an opinion possibly but don't make them facts.

Yes...

However data/stats whatever you want to term them... Are facts... 

Facts lend weight to an opinion... Back it up... You have nothing to back up your opinion... Yet you wonder why I'm questioning it?

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

I wrote a longer response but will stick with keeping it simple... 

Yes... 

Yes... An opinion cannot be a fact...

Yes...

However data/stats whatever you want to term them... Are facts... 

Facts lend weight to an opinion... Back it up... You have nothing to back up your opinion... Yet you wonder why I'm questioning it?

Thanks for keeping it simple, your sooo much smarter than me.

I've said over and over I have watched him and formulated my opinion, using my own judgement, crazy I know.

I have read your stats (thanks for that) and balanced them against the many hours of actual game time I have watched JR take part in. My opinion hasn't changed, he isn't much kop.

He runs down the wing for me.

He's a 2nd tire winger/forward who tries hard, blows hot and cold, usually scores and assists a respectable number of goals but also looks hopeless, loses the ball and takes bad touches.

Useful in the championship, not likely to ever cut the top flight.

Therefore the forum splits into "best ever love him almost as much as Bucko" and "worst player ever i hate him almost as much as Keogh"

The fact we've signed players who can't dislodge him suggests he's alright, I'm sure Pearson will like his attitude. I'm sure we'll see plenty of him this season I just hope it's good form more often than not.

As it's a transfer thread, yes sell for a decent amount, not worth flogging on the cheap.

Brought a load of kits for a youth team his brother (i think) works with, so i'm inclined to believe he's an OK kind of character.

1 hour ago, Purpleram said:

Calling me an idiot? No worries though I have thick skin.

And JR is still cack

Good job he didn't say 'idioot' or 'stompzinnige' seeing as you are Dutch.

2 hours ago, Purpleram said:

Thanks for keeping it simple, your sooo much smarter than me

That's not the debate here is it... I was keeping it simple as I couldn't be bothered with the longevity of my previous post... But feel free to see insults wherever you like...

2 hours ago, Purpleram said:

I've said over and over I have watched him and formulated my opinion, using my own judgement, crazy I know.

I have read your stats (thanks for that) and balanced them against the many hours of actual game time I have watched JR take part in. My opinion hasn't changed, he isn't much kop.

They aren't 'my' stats... They are stats... I appreciate that you don't see any value in facts but you shouldn't start trying to pretend I'm just making them up... Opta will get annoyed...

So can I ask what basis you make your assesment on? What factors of his game do you consider to be lacking? So far you are very adament but not very specific...

Ok, never once said you were making stuff up. Just that that data is flawed in the respect that for example 70% possession as we and Manure know quite often does not end up in a win. Mark Twain stylee! Is OPTA hard?

Second point, his first touch is pants, he delays a pass too often until the chance has passed, he makes the wrong decision over and over, he shoots from crazy positions, his Hitler salute apology is my abiding memory of him.

He is cack.

Archived