Johnny Russell

North_Stand_Ram

4 hours ago, eddie said:

Good job he didn't say 'idioot' or 'stompzinnige' seeing as you are Dutch.

"ah well, there is no pleasing you."

JR is a popular player. Whether that be from his effervescent work rate, some of the outstanding goals he has scored, his dashing good looks (hands off, he's mine.), he's a handy player to have. He's clearly got a rapport with his colleagues, and team spirit can be a huge factor.

He's not costing us that much, and if we were to get rid, I think you'd struggle to improve on him for a similar fee and/or wage. 

Average? I don't think so. But neither do I think the sun shines out of his a*se. Well, not on the pitch, anyway. Good enough for the Prem? Probably not, but it remains to be seen. Lets let him get there before we cast aspersions on him. Besides, we aren't in the PL yet.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Purpleram said:

I know he has a mass of fans behind him but I can't see, for the life of me, what people see in him. Odd flashes of ok-ness aside.

I think that can be said of the best players in this division. Time for reality check. There are international footballers, playing in the PL, that you can say this about.

Not sure if a Johnny Russell thread is the right place for this but I need some advice.  I've become bored with having just one persona on the forum.  I'm going to 'create' at least three other user ID's for myself, so that I can be subversive, have conversations with myself, and give myself likes.  Trouble is I'm struggling for names, favourites so far are...

Robbie the Red

Mauve Ram

Chateauville Ram

Forest 1978

but I'm not convinced and I could do with some help.  Oh and I need a condescending catchphrase to slip in when I'm debating (so that you all still know it's me).  I wanted 'Old Bean' but that's been done to death.  Any ideas guys? I'm at my wits end here!

36 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Not sure if a Johnny Russell thread is the right place for this but I need some advice.  I've become bored with having just one persona on the forum.  I'm going to 'create' at least three other user ID's for myself, so that I can be subversive, have conversations with myself, and give myself likes.  Trouble is I'm struggling for names, favourites so far are...

Robbie the Red

Mauve Ram

Chateauville Ram

Forest 1978

but I'm not convinced and I could do with some help.  Oh and I need a condescending catchphrase to slip in when I'm debating (so that you all still know it's me).  I wanted 'Old Bean' but that's been done to death.  Any ideas guys? I'm at my wits end here!

What on earth have you been taking tonight? I would do the normal "well get me some " but I don't think my brain could hack it .

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Russell for Vydra maybe...

Russell for vydra really? Russell couldn't score 20 in a Sunday league season 

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Russell for Vydra maybe...

Your joking? 7m flatters Hendrick before silly spend season if you was offered 2m each you'd snap there hands off. Both very overrated, Jeff has potential clearly, he shows it once every 10 games or so :whistle:

Just now, TopRam said:

Russell for vydra really? Russell couldn't score 20 in a Sunday league season 

Nor has Vydra in recent times. Time will tell which Vydra turns up for the Rams. The Vydra of 3 years ago for Watford or the Vydra at WBA and on loan at Reading. Let's all hope it is the former.......

In today's money £3 million for Russell is a poor deal, £3 million for Blackman then sell sell sell - you can tell who are the good players that other teams want - Russell Martin hendrick - we are not hearing anything about teams wanting Blackman butterfield Johnson or even bent are we? 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

In today's money £3 million for Russell is a poor deal, £3 million for Blackman then sell sell sell - you can tell who are the good players that other teams want - Russell Martin hendrick - we are not hearing anything about teams wanting Blackman butterfield Johnson or even bent are we? 

Exactly..if Vydra is worth 8 Russell must be worth 6....

Archived