Hodgson Resigns - Next England Manager?

Day

England manager  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, Alpha said:

Beautiful post. 

The hardest thing to compete with when coaching kids is parents thinking that kids football is a "level". 

It's not a level of football.  It's not a platform to perform on. It's not a stepping stone. It's a school. 

They come to make friends, have fun and learn. 

The best way to learn in football is to learn on the job. Make a mistake, fall over, head the ball with your nose... They can't do that if they're taking shortcuts to win. I want to see a pass go wrong 99 times in 100. Because that 1 time it works is the A* in an exam. I don't want him playing safe. I want him learning the hard way but a way that doesn't cost him or his teammates anything. No pressure at all. You've signed up to play football. It was a choice. And it should feel like a choice and not a chore. 

I remember running around Alvaston park for 15 minutes as a kid. What for? Does anyone know why kids are doing fitness drills? Anyone? 

So much pointless ***** in both matches and training. Because we treat it like part of the pyramid. It's not a level of football. School is not part of real life. It's pure development. And parents accept that. 

But it comes to football and they don't have the patience. Quick! Get the kid up the ladder!! 

No! He doesn't need to win, he doesn't need to run down the line because no other kid is as fast. He needs to understand for himself how to create space for not just himself but for others. He needs to learn his timing. What risks he can handle. His balance. 

He needs to learn it all in a variety of situations and he needs to be allowed to do it wrong without fear. 

But do parents care? Nope. It's all about the winning. And we're pushing through incomplete players. Players who have natural instincts and fast learners but then Joe Bloggs wanted to pretend he's Mourinho and decided to make him serve a purpose to a team. 

Need more support from parents and less coaches thinking of themselves. 

Borrowash Vics are doing it right with their kids 

Ilkeston are too as well. Two very good setups. My lads are at Mickleover Jubilee, emphasis on enjoyment whilst developing them at own pace. RBL another very good set up too.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Duracell said:

Well I could go into a long rant about our education system in general, but that's for another thread. And by education, I don't just mean what happens in the classroom. All I will say is that I don't feel we value education enough in this country; we don't fund our school's properly and overwork our teachers. And not enough parents are supportive.

On this specific subject, it's not so much about what they're missing from school as how much school they're missing, and what's done about that. English football clubs have been late to the party in terms of realising how important it is to develop players off the pitch as well as on it.

Fair enough, you're very right regarding the education system. 

The two academy players I've taught in the last couple of years have both seemed really level headed and down to earth. I think footballers are just like any normal young lads. The majority are humble and hardworking but you get the odd few flash gits giving the rest a bad rep

Didn't mason bennetts mum veto his proposed debut in a midweek match at boro on the grounds that he had school the next day. 

All sounds pretty level headed and grounded if true. Doesn't say anything about mason's academic potential of course but does confirm that ma Bennett is not to be messed with :lol:

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Harry redknapp top of SSN survey as to who England fans most want to be manager. 

Thank God fans not responsible for appointment :huh:

So many casual fans are interested at the minute. People that don't really look at the money he's had and what he's produced. 

They're probably the same people who are calling for the heads of big name players. The exact players Redknapp would pick. 

49 minutes ago, Alpha said:

So many casual fans are interested at the minute. People that don't really look at the money he's had and what he's produced. 

They're probably the same people who are calling for the heads of big name players. The exact players Redknapp would pick. 

So ancient and stuck with yesterday's ideas he makes Roy look like an avant garde progressive. 

I suppose being generous there might be a cheerleader type job that needs doing. Bit like he was supposed to do for us. I'd prefer to have a manager who can do that for himself tho.

Harrys time was 4 years ago if at all. Move on now.

3 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Harry redknapp top of SSN survey as to who England fans most want to be manager. 

Thank God fans not responsible for appointment :huh:

Have Scottish, Irish & Welsh fans been voting! 

Sith Happens
On 01/07/2016 at 22:29, Squid said:

Have Scottish, Irish & Welsh fans been voting! 

Bet Harrys dog has.

Looks like Klinnsman and Allardyce are up there as favourites now - I suppose I would take either of those - certainly would take them over Glenn Hoddle. Pearson 66-1 and Clement 100-1 on Sky as well.

On 7/1/2016 at 21:11, Alpha said:

We would probably be playing with Adebayor, Peter Crouch and Jermaine Defoe if Redknapp becomes manager.

On 29 June 2016 at 17:52, Mafiabob said:

The amount some within the FA are being paid and the amount of money in the game surely we could build plenty of 3G pitches around the country.

Problem is money, take DW on Pride Park, both my lads are there on a Saturday morning training with Derby County Community coaching.

DW have just cut the number of pitches in half indoors so they can accommodate a trampoline park. All for different things etc, but that was only put in for one thing. A cash cow.

That is the very problem - although DW is expensive to book a pitch for an hour, at about £65 an hour.

The FA should be investing in the community programs - each club is affiliated with the community programs, but they are not owned by the club, they are a separate entity.  Each club should be funded to provide facilities for the community, rather than relying on companies that will take the fast buck over the good of the long term future of the game (not that it's their responsibility).

@Mafiabob my lad plays on a Saturday morning there too.  Are you on the early or late sessions?

Just now, maydrakin said:

That is the very problem - although DW is expensive to book a pitch for an hour, at about £65 an hour.

The FA should be investing in the community programs - each club is affiliated with the community programs, but they are not owned by the club, they are a separate entity.  Each club should be funded to provide facilities for the community, rather than relying on companies that will take the fast buck over the good of the long term future of the game (not that it's their responsibility).

@Mafiabob my lad plays on a Saturday morning there too.  Are you on the early or late sessions?

9am sessions. One outside one inside 

19 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

Is £65 really that expensive, £3 each without substitutes isn't bad

7 hours ago, Rampage said:

Klinnsman for me.

Get real, he is a joke of a manager who is on the easiest of jobs over here that there has ever been, why would he want to leave? (not that anyone here actually really wants him to stay its just that they all know that there aren't many other replacements for him)

We should be getting Del Bosque, but we are more likely to end up with Del Trotter

Archived