Puny Englishmen Prepare To Be Smited

ramit

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Joe Hart still hasn't had much to do this tournament... Other than pick the ball out of the net four times.

First one to go in a new regime imo. All of roys favourites let him down apart from milner who didn't get a game.

Rooney should retire from international football. He's done his bit but he's shot. Pace gone and has been awful as the deep lying playmaker. 

Need to build a defence now. Cahill should go. Need to get someone who can get stones playing - we need a proper ball playing centre half.

6 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

First one to go in a new regime imo. All of roys favourites let him down apart from milner who didn't get a game.

Rooney should retire from international football. He's done his bit but he's shot. Pace gone and has been awful as the deep lying playmaker. 

Need to build a defence now. Cahill should go. Need to get someone who can get stones playing - we need a proper ball playing centre half.

Rooney equalled Beckham's 115 caps today and would fancy another game.

The next generation doesn't look much better, this is the U21 Squad for the Toulon Tournament - I'd only look at promoting Ward-Prowse and then I don't think he'd particularly improve the team.   

Goalkeepers

Angus Gunn

Jordan Pickford

Defenders

Jack Stephens

Kortney Hause

Matt Targett

Rob Holding

Calum Chambers

Ben Chilwell

Dominic Iorfa

Midfielders

James Ward-Prowse

John Swift

Jack Grealish

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Kasey Palmer

Nathaniel Chalobah

Lewis Baker

Nathan Redmond

Matt Grimes

Forwards

Duncan Watmore

Cauley Woodrow

21 minutes ago, Rample said:

The next generation doesn't look much better, this is the U21 Squad for the Toulon Tournament - I'd only look at promoting Ward-Prowse and then I don't think he'd particularly improve the team.   

Goalkeepers

Angus Gunn

Jordan Pickford

Defenders

Jack Stephens

Kortney Hause

Matt Targett

Rob Holding

Calum Chambers

Ben Chilwell

Dominic Iorfa

Midfielders

James Ward-Prowse

John Swift

Jack Grealish

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Kasey Palmer

Nathaniel Chalobah

Lewis Baker

Nathan Redmond

Matt Grimes

Forwards

Duncan Watmore

Cauley Woodrow

Where's Will? 

1 hour ago, Rample said:

Didn't they win the tournament? It's not like the entire U21 side ever turns out for the senior side anyway - the senior side is every age from 21 upwards, rather than just being one age group. They can't all progress! The U21 side actually suggests things might improve. Might.

1 hour ago, ITSD said:

I genuinely think Will Hughes could play for England and not look out of place, especially after that shower.

Will be hoping Iceland win the tournament.

Only if Bjork sings their anthem.......

Could someone explain how one of the worlds leading soccer nations can suffer defeat against a country I know zero about - other than some obscure "musician" - and miss such an opportunity for progression.    What went on over there ?   :huh:

Damn it I thought there was a good chance to do something this year in France but seems the supporters were let down one more time.   I don't follow much international soccer but realize the English haven't accomplished much in the last half-century and all that despite possessing some players of merit.      Maybe it's the management at fault - you've had names like Capello, Keegan and Ericsson in recent times but can't remember any standout progress in any of the leading tournaments.

I don't know if it's the same feeling at Derby but too many times last season we missed league games at Portman Road because of some pointless international friendlies / qualifiers in their place.  (Not interested in England v Lichtenstein when Town could be earning valuable points) - and the sum total of it all is tonight's sorry ass debacle ?    Are you kidding me ?

Maybe I'm looking at things from a different perspective but something here has an odor to it.    Bottom line, lousy score for the English fans and a missed opportunity (I was maybe hoping for something of a glamor game with the French) and there's a whole lot of work required for the team, not only in bringing in a coach that is capable, but overcoming the seemingly impossible (yet simple enough) task of getting beyond the fundamental stages of competition and beating world nations that would appear inferior to your own.  

I think your ex-player Lineker summed it up best with a quote after the game : "We were beaten by a country with more volcanoes than professional soccer players"     :mellow:

Looking forward to getting back to league action in a short time - that's where the real importance's at.

3 hours ago, Ramshackled said:

Can we get some of the Iceland players to sign up for us? :D

I'd love it if we took a look at their 23y/o defender Hordur (Bjorgvin?) Magnusson. Left footed, good on the ball. He plays for Juve but has spent the past two seasons out on loan at Cesena. I don't follow much Italian football though, so no idea whether Juve see him as a promising player to hold onto or whether they'd be open to clubs' interest. I'd ask @ramit for an opinion on the player but I'm pretty sure it'll be impossible to get any response for a week what with all the Iceland celebrations and partying! :lol: 

i am drunk and am happier than i can remember.  Just returned home from downtown Reykjavík where everyone was my kin, my voice is gone from singing and chanting but i have one thing to say to you my dear Derby fans.  You are the best, the most gracious fans i have had the pleasure to interact with, am so proud to be a Derby fan and tip my hat to you all.  i love being a Derby fan, i love being Icelandic, it is team spirit, heart and guts which is the winner tonight.  Learn from us to stand together as one and England and Derby can achieve greatness.  Am so touched by all the honest gracious comments here tonight.  God bless you my brothers and sisters, don't be too down, a lesson has been learned on the way to true success.  Am so proud to be a Derby fan tonight. kudos to you all.

Archived