Puny Englishmen Prepare To Be Smited

ramit

No thread yet about the upcoming game between England and Iceland, that's insulting really, so it's left to me to get the ball rolling and throw some insults back your way.  i want to hear your battle cry, be as brutal as you like and David allows.  Are you up for it or cowering in your corners?  Raring to go or can't be bothered?  Don't hold back, let the banter commence, but know this

You Will Be Smited

We will smite them on the beaches
We will smite them on the field
We will smite them as our bitches
We will smite them when they yield

Thor's hammer will pulverize them
Odin's battle roar echoes loudly
Hannes's hands will surprise them
Then Eiður slays the lions proudly

Áfram Ísland!

Am getting all carried away in the old Norse mythology thanks to a brilliant Englishman John Rogers who tweets for the online edition of the Reykjavík Grapevine.

One of many favorite quotes:

"Deep in the bowels of the earth, an ancient power stirs. Eiður is warming up"

Amusing interview with John here

http://www.pri.org/stories/2016-06-23/iceland-smites-soccer-giants-thor-powered-tweets

Grapevine tweet page

https://twitter.com/rvkgrapevine?lang=en

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Ignore him, give him some of his own medicine. ??

Who have i ignored?  i even wrote an inspirational post on the England v Wales thread in an attempt to rally your pathetic shattered forces into a cohesive unit and THAT was ignored.  i am hurt, really i am :D

5 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Have you been talking to @Inverurie Ramagain? This is the kind of barminess I can only normally expect from him.

Am not my usual calm and collected self these days, have gone completely loopy caught up in the football hysteria of my country.  Marching bravely tooting trumpets off to the field of battle where we will probably be annihilated, but it's fun while it lasts.

6 minutes ago, ramit said:

There you go, that's more like it :thumbsup:

When we lose to someone in the euros though i'd rather it be to you puffin eaters than the paddies, taffs, Spics, dago's, frogs, krauts ( have I missed anyone out?) I voted out btw.

8 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

When we lose to someone in the euros though i'd rather it be to you puffin eaters than the paddies, taffs, Spics, dago's, frogs, krauts ( have I missed anyone out?) I voted out btw.

How pleasent.

Spics are Hispanic, and an ethnic slur used in the USA, to describe a Spanish American, Dago is the English version and covers most of the med countries.

Come on Iceland!

5 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Sprouts (Belgian) Crows (Croatian) Bohunks (Hungarian) Western Dagos (Portuguese) Job Robbers (Polish) Bankers (Swiss) Hyrdie-bydie (Swedes)  Wow that was exhausting, now everyone has been insulted equally apart from you Limeys of course, but that is coming on Monday:p

Would never have guessed you voted out btw

20 minutes ago, ramit said:

Sprouts (Belgian) Crows (Croatian) Bohunks (Hungarian) Western Dagos (Portuguese) Job Robbers (Polish) Bankers (Swiss) Hyrdie-bydie (Swedes)  Wow that was exhausting, now everyone has been insulted equally apart from you Limeys of course, but that is coming on Monday:p

Would never have guessed you voted out btw

Honky-Tonk, as in jazz, was a derogatory term used by Black Americans for European immigrant piano-players. Honky being a corruption of Hunky, i.e. Hungarian.

2 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Honky-Tonk, as in jazz, was a derogatory term used by Black Americans for European immigrant piano-players. Honky being a corruption of Hunky, i.e. Hungarian.

Thanks Phoenix, i didn't know that.  Never guessed i would learn something new on this thread

Archived