Puny Englishmen Prepare To Be Smited

ramit

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ramit said:

You have a valid point, but it seems to me that local administrations should own those pitches, not property developers.

Many of our pitches are artificially turfed and not full sized.  There must be a way of building roofed football halls in some places also.  i don't know the local problems you face and maybe should just shut my gob about it, still i firmly believe that where there is a will there's a way.  Thanks for not being irate.

England is well known for having no will to do anything other than make as much money as possible whilst doing nothing of value. 

Show an English person an open green space and he'll either try to flog it or get an EU grant to not grow anything on it.

Maybe not so much of the second one now :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

England is well known for having no will to do anything other than make as much money as possible whilst doing nothing of value. 

Show an English person an open green space and he'll either try to flog it or get an EU grant to not grow anything on it.

Maybe not so much of the second one now :thumbsup:

Icelanders used to be stupid and full of themselves, buying up property all over Europe on credit of course and then it all came crashing down and we got a harsh taste of reality and karma i suppose.  Did us good in the end, that kind of attitude being frowned upon these days and called "very 2007"  So don't despair, things can change and people too.  Maybe this will spark some fresh creative ideas of how to improve football in England, after the hangover of course :)

15 minutes ago, ramit said:

Icelanders used to be stupid and full of themselves, buying up property all over Europe on credit of course and then it all came crashing down and we got a harsh taste of reality and karma i suppose.  Did us good in the end, that kind of attitude being frowned upon these days and called "very 2007"  So don't despair, things can change and people too.  Maybe this will spark some fresh creative ideas of how to improve football in England, after the hangover of course :)

Fear not - I shall have beers in hand when you boys play France,  cheering you on and hoping for a great big hangover if you can do it! 

11 minutes ago, Squid said:

OH NO... :blink:

image.png

You're about 45 years too late - Monty Python already covered England v Iceland at cricket.

2 hours ago, eddie said:

So that's how it was done....Iceland.jpg

Icelanders who saw the game last night  313246

Icelanders who lost their voice from chanting HOOH and other cheering 24465

Estimates of course, but i am sure i am very close there

Yes my voice has totally gone, wife is much pleased

Smited is the the past participle of the verb 'to smite'

Smitten is an adjective (after the verb 'to smite')

Ramited is the past participle of the verb 'to ramit'

Ramitten is the adjective (after the verb 'to ramit')

Iceland are the Genuine Heroes of the otherwise mediocre Euros

Definition of past Participle eg Smited

The past participle is the third principal part of a verb, created by adding -ed, -d, or -t to the base form of a regular verb. (smited) (The past participle forms of regular verbs--such as looked, worked, and wished--are identical to the past tense.)

The past participle forms of irregular verbs have various endings, including -d (said), -t (slept), and -n (broken). Another term for past participle is "-en" form. ( smitten?)

The past participle is used with the auxiliary has, have, or had to express the perfect aspect. In addition, the past participle is used with the auxiliary be to express the passive voice (has smited, have smited, had smited).

7 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Definition of past Participle eg Smited

The past participle is the third principal part of a verb, created by adding -ed, -d, or -t to the base form of a regular verb. (smited) (The past participle forms of regular verbs--such as looked, worked, and wished--are identical to the past tense.)

The past participle forms of irregular verbs have various endings, including -d (said), -t (slept), and -n (broken). Another term for past participle is "-en" form. ( smitten?)

The past participle is used with the auxiliary has, have, or had to express the perfect aspect. In addition, the past participle is used with the auxiliary be to express the passive voice (has smited, have smited, had smited).

Feeling Rampaged in a good way :wub:

Archived