Puny Englishmen Prepare To Be Smited

ramit

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, ramit said:

On 58 minutes Wayne Rooney appears to elbow Gylfi Sigurðsson in the face.

The ref warned both players after the incident :blink:

https://streamable.com/amm8

That does look bad @ramit and I must admit I missed it in the game.

I can only ask for leniency on behalf of my national team as clearly Gylfi was slightly getting in the way of that elderly gentleman's slow evening jog.

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

That does look bad @ramit and I must admit I missed it in the game.

I can only ask for leniency on behalf of my national team as clearly Gylfi was slightly getting in the way of that elderly gentleman's slow evening jog.

It looked a bad one. Someone made a comment about the England team lacking 'Mental Strength@. Does anyone exactly what this means, whether they agree and what the remedy would be?

7 minutes ago, Rampage said:

It looked a bad one. Someone made a comment about the England team lacking 'Mental Strength@. Does anyone exactly what this means, whether they agree and what the remedy would be?

I suspect it means different things to different people @Rampage - for me it really is the ability to recognise if your plans and assumptions are not working out and being able to keep doing the basics well whilst clarifying with the coaching staff what adjustment to make and then implementing. 

As we saw, we panicked,  we became unable to do basics correctly,  we start lashing out in anger rather than channelling energy into something more positive. 

15 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I suspect it means different things to different people @Rampage - for me it really is the ability to recognise if your plans and assumptions are not working out and being able to keep doing the basics well whilst clarifying with the coaching staff what adjustment to make and then implementing. 

As we saw, we panicked,  we became unable to do basics correctly,  we start lashing out in anger rather than channelling energy into something more positive. 

Very good post, HantsRam

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Excellent post HantsRam.  i missed this during the game, it was posted on a local site and of course people are appalled but are not being too harsh, most complimenting Gylfi for not rolling around in the grass and just getting on with it.  Looks like Gylfi saw it coming and leaned back enough to avert injury.

Lars Lagerback said before the Portugal game that video evidence of faking contact and injury and lashing out that is missed in the game by the ref should be punished after the game.  i agree with him, but in this game there is no point to it, Rooney has probably played his last England game anyway, but in the season that is starting now i think video evidence needs to be considered after matches to cut out this sort of thing.

1 hour ago, ramit said:

Excellent post HantsRam.  i missed this during the game, it was posted on a local site and of course people are appalled but are not being too harsh, most complimenting Gylfi for not rolling around in the grass and just getting on with it.  Looks like Gylfi saw it coming and leaned back enough to avert injury.

Lars Lagerback said before the Portugal game that video evidence of faking contact and injury and lashing out that is missed in the game by the ref should be punished after the game.  i agree with him, but in this game there is no point to it, Rooney has probably played his last England game anyway, but in the season that is starting now i think video evidence needs to be considered after matches to cut out this sort of thing.

Agree totally @ramit. Completely unnecessary by rooney and cowardly. Not at all the image of England most of us would want you to have to see.

i am so sad to read what occurred in Brighton.  We Icelanders have fondness for the English, we do not judge the nation by it's few idiots.  There were no problems at the match or after it. not one instance and i will think of that in the future and not this distasteful isolated incident.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/14586400.Bottles_thrown_at_Icelandic_family_after_team_s_victory_in_Euros/

Okay, i'm almost done now, but here is a video i simply must share with you, it's a very big, very angry Newcastle supporter going on a monumental rant about England, Roy Hodgson and the FA.

Full of profanity and rage, so headphones on when watching this one.

16 hours ago, ramit said:

Okay, i'm almost done now, but here is a video i simply must share with you, it's a very big, very angry Newcastle supporter going on a monumental rant about England, Roy Hodgson and the FA.

Full of profanity and rage, so headphones on when watching this one.

Nice.

His sense of false England entitlement probably matched only by his sense of false Newcastle entitlement.

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

About time for a new @ramitthread for the match against the cheese eating surrender monkeys isn't it? Only a few hours to kick off. 

HOOOO........

i was inexcusably late starting that thread, the gods will not be pleased with me, but thanks for handing me a great thread title Hantsram and for the push

• 2 weeks later...
On 17.7.2016 at 18:50, Salford ram said:

I believe a 'puny ' Englishman just became strongest man , beating some Icelandic actor, sorry not clever enough to even be a lazy linker

It was the competition Europe's Strongest Man and Hafþór Björnsson had won it two years in a row, so it's only polite to allow the puny Englishman Laurence Shahlaei to claim the title this year, considering it's been 27 YEARS since the last time a puny Englishman was allowed to win it and Hafþór just couldn't face the prospect of watching a full grown puny Englishman crying over another failure and so as a true gracious huge Icelandic Viking magnanimous gesture he allowed little Larry the win and anyway Hafþór is saving his mountainous colossal strength for the real competition World's Strongest Man coming shortly.

We know how to lose in these parts as well as having mastered the fine art of linking to a webpage.  Just click on the linky thingy below and it will magically transport you to a page where you can read all about Larry's hilarious heroic Flintstone antics and even view a picture of him crying like a baby in sheer adorable puny Englishman fashion.  Yes yes, of course Hafþór was there to dry Larry's eyes with a tent sized handkerchief.  Hafþór what a Viking.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-36819042

5 hours ago, ramit said:

It was the competition Europe's Strongest Man and Hafþór Björnsson had won it two years in a row, so it's only polite to allow the puny Englishman Laurence Shahlaei to claim the title this year, considering it's been 27 YEARS since the last time a puny Englishman was allowed to win it and Hafþór just couldn't face the prospect of watching a full grown puny Englishman crying over another failure and so as a true gracious huge Icelandic Viking magnanimous gesture he allowed little Larry the win and anyway Hafþór is saving his mountainous colossal strength for the real competition World's Strongest Man coming shortly.

We know how to lose in these parts as well as having mastered the fine art of linking to a webpage.  Just click on the linky thingy below and it will magically transport you to a page where you can read all about Larry's hilarious heroic Flintstone antics and even view a picture of him crying like a baby in sheer adorable puny Englishman fashion.  Yes yes, of course Hafþór was there to dry Larry's eyes with a tent sized handkerchief.  Hafþór what a Viking.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-36819042

They virtually look the same, Magnús Ver Magnússon was one of my favourites, back in the day.

Archived