Jonathan Kodjia - Signed for Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I hope no one edits the forest page for laughs - university students across the nation rely on Wikipedia in preference to actually doing the work......

being a student i can confirm. but i feel sorry for the poor student who has to do work on nottingham forest, thats just cruelty

On 05/06/2016 at 14:22, JJH said:

Good afternoon chaps.

Bristol City fan here, thought I'd sign up in light on the Kodjia speculation (as well as it boring a tiresome Sunday afternoon).

Saw this morning that it was reported in a paper (The Sun?) that you were supposedly in for Kodjia at £5m. 

As my fellow red said, £5m isn't going to cut it I don't think. First thing's first, if the money's right I wouldn't begrudge Kodjia the move to Derby County. I've a lot of time for your club, I have a mate that supports Derby who usually keeps me updated with your ongoings on and off the pitch, and I think it's only a matter of time before you get yourselves out of this division.

Without being over-elaborate, Kodjia signed here for £2.1m from Angers (same team you signed Camara from) and scored 20 in his first season in English football. He's got two years with the option of three left on his deal here, and to see some on here suggesting that you'd try £1.5m and Blackman, let's just say it's very wishful thinking.

You've only got to look at his company in the goalscoring charts this season - Gray, McCormack, Hernandez who all went for £9m, £11m and £8m respectively, and then Rhodes and Martin who went for £12m and I believe you turned down £8m for CM last season?

Without blowing our own trumpet, we're not a 'small' club at this level, and as someone mentioned on here above, we're certainly in no position to need money.

If you put up the money for Kodjia I'd wish him very well. He'd do well for you playing up top, I always say that I don't think Martin particularly suits your style of play nor a 4-3-3, and I think had you signed a striker that ran in behind this season you'd have probably gone up.

I wish you all the best for next season, FWIW I think that Pearson's a superb appointment and I expect you to go up next season.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday chaps.

Ok you can have Chris Baird too if you're going to be like that...

As much as I would love this to happen, there is absolutely no way in hell Bristol City are going to accept a bid that low. If Andre Grey was worth £9m after his season with Brentford, Kodjia is probably worth £7-8m. 

Would compliment Martin nicely though, if we switch to 4-4-2, so I hope this happens. 

Archived