Jonathan Kodjia - Signed for Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Again it's only rumours, but there is talk that the fee will be around the 4 million mark with a player coming your way, either Blackman or Pearce.

I can assure you there would be an uproar in Bristol if we sold Kodija for four and a half million, especially if Pearce was part of the deal. You can keep you dead wood, we don't want it. If we sell Kodija, we'll want a replacement. It's going to cost us in the region of ten million for a player of his ability and i think that's the figure most of our supporters would expect.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Tbh, IF the player wanted to move, silly money wouldn't come into it whether you don't have to sell or not, if he made it clear he wanted to come it wouldn't be in their interests to hold out for unrealistic fees.

Nowhere with any credibility has said he wants to leave. When he signed it was made clear we were a stepping stone to the premier league, not to a club in the same league as us.

24 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I agree that if Sam Rush wants a player, he will get him but there is nothing concrete to suggest that we do want him. The only people who are saying that Kodjia is interested in Derby are Twitter trolls like @RamsPolls. SuperDerbySuperRams said there won't be any transfer activity in until Pearson has had a chance to evaluate the squad in pre season which is the logical thing to do and Nixon said the same thing. 

SDSR has confirmed we want him, "He's on the list".

But I agree that absolutely no discussion, formal or informal has taken place

4 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

The tool RamsPolls at it again. Said yesterday we were announcing a signing, and now today he's certain Kodjia will be done.....

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh don't abuse him, he has more shoes than............................................. Nevermind

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I was just rising to the bait the Brizzle fan had given....We may not get him, I certainly wouldnt want to spend 10 million, id rather we were the team who found a player like this from abroad for a couple of mil.

He's top of our list and if player power has his way then who knows. But not as yet. He's not back training with the rest of their team due to the extended break for him playing internationals. 

Only issue sue I have with him and I'm sure the club do too is that it's the Africa cup of nations this mid season, and it's a big investment to lose for a few months, especially considering he plays for a team who will probably go far in the tournament 

I'd be delighted and surprised if we got Kodjia for as little as £5 million. Bristol' owner is loaded and they have no reason to sell unless he wants to leave. Think £8 million would be a more likely fee given the market these days. If Rush can get him for less than that then brilliant. 

I'm not saying Kodjia won't sign for you, but I think it is going to take a very decent offer to see him go.

Player power is one thing, but City won't sell him on the cheap.  It's not like we will just go out and replace him like for like.  If it was that easy we wouldn't be struggling to get the likes of Tomlin.

I'm not convinced your ITK poster is ITK on this one.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I'm not saying Kodjia won't sign for you, but I think it is going to take a very decent offer to see him go.

Player power is one thing, but City won't sell him on the cheap.  It's not like we will just go out and replace him like for like.  If it was that easy we wouldn't be struggling to get the likes of Tomlin.

They aren't. The only one who's posted anything about it who is genuinely ITK is SuperDerbySuperRams and he says Kodjia is top of our list but we're not trying to sign anyone until Pearson has got a proper look at the team in training. 

4 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

They aren't. The only one who's posted anything about it who is genuinely ITK is SuperDerbySuperRams and he says Kodjia is top of our list but we're not trying to sign anyone until Pearson has got a proper look at the team in training. 

Sorry, saw something on Twitter, saying it was a done deal.

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

RamsPolls definitely isn't ITK, so ignore him. He's full of....

8 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

RamsPolls definitely isn't ITK, so ignore him. He's full of....

Definitely. 

376523a17340.jpg

DERBY County's players report back for pre-season training on Monday but Raul Albentosa is not expected to be among them.

http://o53xo.mrsxeytzorswyzlhojqxa2a.mnxs45ll.cmle.ru/derby-county-raul-albentosa-move-still-looking-likely/story-29468497-detail/story.html?

1.89 m (6 ft 2 1⁄2 in)

Playing positionForward

Club information

Current team

Bristol City F.C.

Senior career*

YearsTeamApps†(Gls)†

2008–2014Reims9(0)

2012→ Cherbourg (loan)16(3)

2012–2013→ Amiens (loan)32(9)

2013–2014→ Caen (loan)27(5)

2013–2014→ Caen B (loan)2(0)

2014–2015Angers28(15)

2015–Bristol City45(18)

National team‡

2016–Ivory Coast2(1)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19:00, 7 May 2016 (UTC).
† Appearances (goals)

‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 4 June 2016

Jonathan Kodjia (born 22 October 1989) is a French-born Ivorian footballer who plays for English club Bristol City as a forward. He has now signed for Derby county after Rams polls broke the news

Archived