Jonathan Kodjia - Signed for Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They paid 2 mil for him so i doubt the same about plus blackman will be accepted. They don't have to sell you will be looking at 6mil plus blackman i reckon.

So not worth it go for Wells or if you fancy really going mad get mccormack.

Would rather we looked more intelligently, at teams that need the money, instead of those owned by people as rich or more so than Mel. In 2014 Steve Lansdown was officially worth £1.5bn. Bristol City won't need to sell and will want well over the odds if they do, and there isn't a lot of value buying a forward who'll be 27 in October - you're not going to get your money back let alone make a profit.

Every additional striker we bring in (on top of Martin, Bent, Weimann, Blackman, Russell) pushes Zanzala down the pecking order, potentially to the point of releasing him as he can't break through. Rashford was nowhere at Man Utd at the start of last season, but what is he worth to them now? If there's no opportunity to play academy stars, what's the point of the academy?

We're very unlikely to sell Bent, Weimann, Blackman as they're all on long lucrative contracts with the clean slate of a new manager to impress. Other clubs won't be able to afford to match their length of contract and wages, so they will stay put and take the Morris millions. In the era of player power that's the way things are.

It's concerning this article reference Grant Hanley as someone being constantly flagged up before Pearson came in. If that's true it's the same recruitment team still going for quantity not quality. Don't they realize we have too many bodies already? Presumably they get bonused on numbers of incoming transfers? But at least it doesn't mention Aniechebe. But Sone Aluko is surely just another mediocre body to bloat the squad too.

Very early days and in football the transfers don't always happen in the order you want them. But I would rather see outgoings before incomings to clear out some of the also-rans and their wages and then buy fewer but significantly better players.

Kodjia looks like he would be a quality addition (but so did blackman)

I think that pace up front is essential these days,sadly this is probably the only part lacking from Martin's game, so for that reason id welcome another striker (i am still an optimist that things will work out for Blackman as a cf at Derby though)

I think the thing missing is the 'goal from nowhere/nothing' type of player , McCormack remains my favourite of this mould and offers something we don't have in our squad - i certainly don't see Aluko providing that, i actually remember him playing very well as a cm for rangers -  again though not what we need

As for Hanley i think he is better than all our covering players (as i have previously said) surely the addition of another defender would mean players will be leaving?

I am a Bristol City Fan and I just want to give you information about Kodjia. Kodjia is one of the top 5 strikers in the league who we bought from Angers last season for £2m. We will not sell Kodjia for anything less than £8m because we love him so much. I will guarantee you that Kodjia will be worth every single penny if you decide to buy him. Other than that good luck for next season!

Good afternoon chaps.

Bristol City fan here, thought I'd sign up in light on the Kodjia speculation (as well as it boring a tiresome Sunday afternoon).

Saw this morning that it was reported in a paper (The Sun?) that you were supposedly in for Kodjia at £5m. 

As my fellow red said, £5m isn't going to cut it I don't think. First thing's first, if the money's right I wouldn't begrudge Kodjia the move to Derby County. I've a lot of time for your club, I have a mate that supports Derby who usually keeps me updated with your ongoings on and off the pitch, and I think it's only a matter of time before you get yourselves out of this division.

Without being over-elaborate, Kodjia signed here for £2.1m from Angers (same team you signed Camara from) and scored 20 in his first season in English football. He's got two years with the option of three left on his deal here, and to see some on here suggesting that you'd try £1.5m and Blackman, let's just say it's very wishful thinking.

You've only got to look at his company in the goalscoring charts this season - Gray, McCormack, Hernandez who all went for £9m, £11m and £8m respectively, and then Rhodes and Martin who went for £12m and I believe you turned down £8m for CM last season?

Without blowing our own trumpet, we're not a 'small' club at this level, and as someone mentioned on here above, we're certainly in no position to need money.

If you put up the money for Kodjia I'd wish him very well. He'd do well for you playing up top, I always say that I don't think Martin particularly suits your style of play nor a 4-3-3, and I think had you signed a striker that ran in behind this season you'd have probably gone up.

I wish you all the best for next season, FWIW I think that Pearson's a superb appointment and I expect you to go up next season.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday chaps.

2 minutes ago, JJH said:

Good afternoon chaps.

Bristol City fan here, thought I'd sign up in light on the Kodjia speculation (as well as it boring a tiresome Sunday afternoon).

Saw this morning that it was reported in a paper (The Sun?) that you were supposedly in for Kodjia at £5m. 

As my fellow red said, £5m isn't going to cut it I don't think. First thing's first, if the money's right I wouldn't begrudge Kodjia the move to Derby County. I've a lot of time for your club, I have a mate that supports Derby who usually keeps me updated with your ongoings on and off the pitch, and I think it's only a matter of time before you get yourselves out of this division.

Without being over-elaborate, Kodjia signed here for £2.1m from Angers (same team you signed Camara from) and scored 20 in his first season in English football. He's got two years with the option of three left on his deal here, and to see some on here suggesting that you'd try £1.5m and Blackman, let's just say it's very wishful thinking.

You've only got to look at his company in the goalscoring charts this season - Gray, McCormack, Hernandez who all went for £9m, £11m and £8m respectively, and then Rhodes and Martin who went for £12m and I believe you turned down £8m for CM last season?

Without blowing our own trumpet, we're not a 'small' club at this level, and as someone mentioned on here above, we're certainly in no position to need money.

If you put up the money for Kodjia I'd wish him very well. He'd do well for you playing up top, I always say that I don't think Martin particularly suits your style of play nor a 4-3-3, and I think had you signed a striker that ran in behind this season you'd have probably gone up.

I wish you all the best for next season, FWIW I think that Pearson's a superb appointment and I expect you to go up next season.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday chaps.

Yeah ignore the Blackman suggestions, he'll probably be suggested as being used as a part exchange in every rumour we have this window just because people want him gone so much. :lol:

Would be a quality signing but he won't be cheap. Hopefully Camara can persuade him to come. Derby are without a doubt a bigger club than Bristol City and have a much greater chance  of promotion. The prospect of playing under Nigel Pearson shouldn't be underestimated after helping to develop the likes of Vardy and Mahrez

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Would be a quality signing but he won't be cheap. Hopefully Camara can persuade him to come. Derby are without a doubt a bigger club than Bristol City and have a much greater chance  of promotion. The prospect of playing under Nigel Pearson shouldn't be underestimated after helping to develop the likes of Vardy and Mahrez

No doubting, but by the same token we're not a small, cash-deprived club. Our ambition is the same as yours, you're a few years ahead of us on and off the field though. 

Like I said, won't begrudge him the chance to move IF the money on offer suits all parties.

11 minutes ago, JJH said:

No doubting, but by the same token we're not a small, cash-deprived club. Our ambition is the same as yours, you're a few years ahead of us on and off the field though. 

Like I said, won't begrudge him the chance to move IF the money on offer suits all parties.

Agreed. If this move does materialise then it won't be due to financial reasons because your owners are richer than ours. Kodjia is a good friend of Razza Camara's and they played with each other at Angers and achieved promotion. He will have an important part in this deal but I personally can't see it happening

Just now, McLovin said:

Agreed. If this move does materialise then it won't be due to financial reasons because your owners are richer than ours. Kodjia is a good friend of Razza Camara's and they played with each other at Angers and achieved promotion. He will have an important part in this deal but I personally can't see it happening

By the same token, Camara doesn't look to be in favour at your place and we could well go in for him.

I doubt it, I'm just being hypothetical - I also have no idea how closely knit those two are.

If I knew that someone would score 20 goals this season, I would pay £8 and balance the books later. unfortunately we do not know if they can score for Derby. what degree of certainty was there about AQndre Gray? It certainly paid off. May already be worth twice what Burnley paid.

NO WAY would Pearson have given his targets away at this point.

10 minutes ago, Rampage said:

If I knew that someone would score 20 goals this season, I would pay £8 and balance the books later. unfortunately we do not know if they can score for Derby. what degree of certainty was there about AQndre Gray? It certainly paid off. May already be worth twice what Burnley paid.

NO WAY would Pearson have given his targets away at this point.

How exactly are you going to balance the books after nearly bankrupting us? 8 pounds is serious money you know.

You'll end up down the docks doing 'favours' for sailors.

7 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

How exactly are you going to balance the books after nearly bankrupting us? 8 pounds is serious money you know.

You'll end up down the docks doing 'favours' for sailors.

That's 4 bottles of Duvel from ASDA.

Archived