Jonathan Kodjia - Signed for Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Walsall_Ram said:

On the Sky Sports transfer page, says Bournemouth have accepted a bid from Bristol City for Lee Tomlin. I know he was already on loan there for the last parts of the season but could he be signing to replace Kodjia?

Totally different style of player and one of those who makes attackers in front of him look better. Very good signing if/when it happens though.

5 hours ago, Walsall_Ram said:

On the Sky Sports transfer page, says Bournemouth have accepted a bid from Bristol City for Lee Tomlin. I know he was already on loan there for the last parts of the season but could he be signing to replace Kodjia?

As Dimmu says, he is there to compliment Kodjia. 

Last season Tomlin sometimes played in behind Kodjia, or sometimes from a wide left position. 

In no way is he a replacement. That's not to say Kodjia won't leave....all City players have a price, though Kodjia's must be an over-inflated £10m in the current market and we don't need to sell. 

Bristol city fan not in peace. 

Reading some of the comments on here made me laugh. 4.5 million for a player who scored 20 goals in a team that struggled for the fist part of last season. if you look at his stats, he was scoring nearly every game come the end of last season. He's got blistering pace and will definitely improve as a striker as he learns how to adapt to the English game. It makes you wonder how many goals he will score next season in an improved team. The thing is we've got loads of money at Ashton Gate and we certainly don't need to sell any of our players. So if your club think they are going to get him on the cheap then think again.

18 minutes ago, swanker said:

Reading some of the comments on here made me laugh. 4.5 million for a player who scored 20 goals in a team that struggled for the fist part of last season. if you look at his stats, he was scoring nearly every game come the end of last season. He's got blistering pace and will definitely improve as a striker as he learns how to adapt to the English game. It makes you wonder how many goals he will score next season in an improved team. The thing is we've got loads of money at Ashton Gate and we certainly don't need to sell any of our players. So if your club think they are going to get him on the cheap then think again.

The majority of fans here know all of this.

47 minutes ago, swanker said:

He has already been to Derby for talks to agree terms, he wants to come to Derby, allegedly.

We have money too, plus the added benefit of being a more attractive proposition for Kodjia, sorry to say that but it's true.

If Sam Rush and Mel Morris decide they want a player eventually they get him, to resist is to delay the inevitable.

Kodjia is coming for you next season ;) 

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He has already been to Derby for talks to agree terms, he wants to come to Derby, allegedly.

We have money too, plus the added benefit of being a more attractive proposition for Kodjia, sorry to say that but it's true.

If Sam Rush and Mel Morris decide they want a player eventually they get him, to resist is to delay the inevitable.

Kodjia is coming for you next season ;) 

So are you saying that Bristol City have sold Kodija to Derby for a figure in the region of 4.5 million? This reminds me of a quote from Yosser Hughes. " Some people talk to themselves and others talk out their arse"

13 minutes ago, swanker said:

So are you saying that Bristol City have sold Kodija to Derby for a figure in the region of 4.5 million? This reminds me of a quote from Yosser Hughes. " Some people talk to themselves and others talk out their arse"

Are you sure you haven't put the 'S' in your username by mistake? If you can't come on here in peace then clear off - this is a forum and we have enough idiots of our own thank you very much without you adding to the tally!

I think we could get a better deal if we went for Nakhi Wells from Huddersfield. He only recently turned 26 and he can score lots of goals and like Kodjia has pace.

Huddersfield are a club that are more likely to accept offers for their players as they need the money more than Bristol City who arent short of cash so unless the player really wants to leave or we offer a very high price Bristol City would be pretty stupid to accept any offers from us.

If we could get Wells for a price in the region of £4 million or lower we would be getting a very good deal.

41 minutes ago, swanker said:

Not sure I said that.

I would imagine he has told Bristol he wants to come to Derby, he has come up and agreed terms (that's how we do things), then it's down to agreeing a fee with the club.

Again it's only rumours, but there is talk that the fee will be around the 4 million mark with a player coming your way, either Blackman or Pearce.

If true we get one of your key players and we give u one of our liabilitys, happy days.

Both players could turn out to be gems if played as intended.

Of course I have no idea if the above is true, but we had plonkers like you during the George Thorne saga, they eventually went with their tales between their legs.

2 hours ago, swanker said:

It makes you wonder how many goals he will score next season in an improved team.

So you think he's coming to Derby then, does make you wonder, I'd be happy with 20 goals from him for us next season, maybe 30 the season after. Don't want to be greedy.

1 hour ago, The Rams 127 said:

I think we could get a better deal if we went for Nakhi Wells from Huddersfield. He only recently turned 26 and he can score lots of goals and like Kodjia has pace.

Huddersfield are a club that are more likely to accept offers for their players as they need the money more than Bristol City who arent short of cash so unless the player really wants to leave or we offer a very high price Bristol City would be pretty stupid to accept any offers from us.

If we could get Wells for a price in the region of £4 million or lower we would be getting a very good deal.

Huddersfield held out for £4mil for Butterfield, so absolutely no chance we'd get Wells for under that price. That's not because Butterfield is a bad player, or Wells is miles better, but Wells is a striker who has proven he can score goals in a relatively weak Championship team. In today's market, 3-4 million wouldn't buy you the best striker in this division unless you really shopped around in Europe and got a bit lucky.

Wells has had two decent seasons in this division now, both scoring at a similar rate to Andre Gray's one season at Brentford in this division. He cost 6mil rising to 9. I imagine that's the sort of fee we'd need to pay for Wells and Kodjia too.

Its all speculation on my part, but I think Bristol will have asked him if he wants to leave for Derby, he would have said yes.  He will have come to Morley Hayes and agreed terms.

We are now thrashing out the deal with Bristol City, if they are minted no point keeping a player around who wants to leave, they will get the best deal they can and replace.

Last season showed that once we are linked with a realistic player, eventually they are announced as signed.

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Its all speculation on my part, but I think Bristol will have asked him if he wants to leave for Derby, he would have said yes.  He will have come to Morley Hayes and agreed terms.

We are now thrashing out the deal with Bristol City, if they are minted no point keeping a player around who wants to leave, they will get the best deal they can and replace.

Last season showed that once we are linked with a realistic player, eventually they are announced as signed.

I agree that if Sam Rush wants a player, he will get him but there is nothing concrete to suggest that we do want him. The only people who are saying that Kodjia is interested in Derby are Twitter trolls like @RamsPolls. SuperDerbySuperRams said there won't be any transfer activity in until Pearson has had a chance to evaluate the squad in pre season which is the logical thing to do and Nixon said the same thing. 

9 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think you're all getting ahead of yourself. Kodjia's still in France, evidently. He only returned from international 15 days ago. 

And recently this has all come from a Twitter account with very few followers. At the end of the day, we're not going to accept anything unless it really is stupid money. 

13 minutes ago, Briz said:

I think you're all getting ahead of yourself. Kodjia's still in France, evidently. He only returned from international 15 days ago. 

And recently this has all come from a Twitter account with very few followers. At the end of the day, we're not going to accept anything unless it really is stupid money. 

Tbh, IF the player wanted to move, silly money wouldn't come into it whether you don't have to sell or not, if he made it clear he wanted to come it wouldn't be in their interests to hold out for unrealistic fees.

Archived