Jonathan Kodjia - Signed for Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

Sun (Alan Nixon)

DERBY manager Nigel Pearson will offer around £4million for Bristol City striker Jonathan Kodjia.

But Robins boss Lee Johnson will resist offers for the Ivorian, 26, who got 20 goals last season — unless the bids get silly.

The Rams also want Sone Aluko, 27, who has left Hull on a free but they will have to fork out around £1million a year on wages.

And County are hot for Blackburn skipper Grant Hanley — but new gaffer Owen Coyle is not keen to sell.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

A nice variation of goals there ! And surely with a name like that we could come up with a good song for him ?.

Edit. Just seen he played in the same angers team as razza, might help him out a bit too .

Not sure that will, I'm sure he will be bemused about the lack of game time and advise against a move.

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

Not sure that will, I'm sure he will be bemused about the lack of game time and advise against a move.

I doubt it ! Think it was a difficult time for him , signed by clement ! Big culture change obviously going to take a while to settle for some players . Then wassall didn't fancy him ! Hopefully he gets a chance and we can see a different side if him this season .

25 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

A nice variation of goals there ! And surely with a name like that we could come up with a good song for him ?.

We'd probably just sing Johnny oh Johnny Kodjia runs down the wing for me! Even tho he's striker.

2 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I doubt it ! Think it was a difficult time for him , signed by clement ! Big culture change obviously going to take a while to settle for some players . Then wassall didn't fancy him ! Hopefully he gets a chance and we can see a different side if him this season .

I don't disagree, but he wouldn't be saying to join now, he will probably wait until he meets Nigel and see what he says before trying to convince him to sign.

19 minutes ago, dcfcgodd said:

We'd probably just sing Johnny oh Johnny Kodjia runs down the wing for me! Even tho he's striker.

Being a striker didn't seem to preclude a player from being put on the wing at Derby last season 

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

Edit. Just seen he played in the same angers team as razza, might help him out a bit too .

Pretty sure I him saying they were best friends 

8 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Does this indicate Pearson isn't to keen on Nick Blackman :ph34r:

If , as many have speculated that Pearson does want to go 2 up top ! I'd say we will probably start the season with 4 strikers in the squad , Martin hopefully will stay then we have bent , Weimann and Blackman I would of thought 1 of them at least will leave ! 

Archived