Holloway dead right...

TroyDyer

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can see how he used to get his players going - not that I'd have him as our next manager. Be nice if the players had shown that much passion on Saturday - we might not be digging out our ice axes and crampons to climb up Wassall's metaphorical mountain!

He is right when he says we gave up and that is not acceptable, but he's wrong when he says its nothing to do with the management/coach ( which he may not say on this clip) which he has also said when discussing Saturday's performance.

He is right. After the 1st goal a few of the players were trying to get the others motivated by shouting at each other. After that can't remember much.

I feel we don't have many motivators just blamers. I miss Eustace I watched him a lot he'd organize everyone around him and if we conceded a goal he'd be the 1st to encourage everyone around him. 

when your captain is a walking hard-luck story, his partner is more worried about breaking a finger nail than winning a tackle, and your main striker is expected to do the work of 3 players when he barely has the energy to do the work of one, you're always going to find it easy to cave in!

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

when your captain is a walking hard-luck story, his partner is more worried about breaking a finger nail than winning a tackle, and your main striker is expected to do the work of 3 players when he barely has the energy to do the work of one, you're always going to find it easy to cave in!

I don't understand how you can scapegoat individuals as the whole team were awful that game, from Carson to Bryson. 

We've only won one game where the opponent has scored first. Our confidence is just so fragile. It needs sorting.

Imagine how quickly heads would drop playing in the Prem?. Good job we're not going up any time soon.

ergv.JPG

55 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

But besides all of the above, the injuries, the tactics, formation, desire, effort, passion and some fan's impatience.... I'd say we're in a great position!

Actually would not be a bad choice for us, As he ever had a squad like ours, he has frequently managed to over achieve with lesser squads, would be interesting to see what our squad could do if they were really really motivated.
 (I expect a couple or three would be shipped out pretty quick)

Also although he is a passionate man, that did seem very passionate even for him with a club he is not involved with. I wonder if he knows something ......

1 hour ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

I don't understand how you can scapegoat individuals as the whole team were awful that game, from Carson to Bryson. 

just cos I haven't mentioned everyone doesn't mean I don't equally apportion criticism in my own head.

I personally wouldn't be to upset if Holloway was our next manager/coach.  As others have said he's shown more passion in that short clip that a lot of our players do at times.  He also arguably got the best out of Tom Ince.

I dunno what the problem is at Derby, its probably more than one tbh, but there does seem to be a weak core running through the club until we remedy that we'll forever be nearly men.

Archived