Holloway dead right...

TroyDyer

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, rynny said:

Pointless watching youtube with no sound for the most part, don't want to be caught :lol:

Haha I just watch videos that have music in the background

music videos/montages etc.

There are old school managers who go round giving motovational speeches, tell their players to man up, and go round giving bollockings. For all intensive purposes I think PC with his ultra professional serious attitude was of this ilk.

Then there are Wasalls more like Keegan style. Encourage by positive thinking, believing in the players, and see the best way to progress is by having the players enjoy themselves.

This latter style would no doubt be better when working with young players, academy players and kids if you like.

You could argue since the Martins, Russells and Inces werent responding to the PC style, that DW has got it right in recent weeks given our poiints output and some of our performances.

On the subject of the Eustace role organising and shouting at players, yes we lack that with saturdays team, but Thorne missing is a huge blow, he actually does a lot of the talking to players and organising, and motivating during the game. McClaren once referred to him as a leader on the pitch despite his lack of years and games.

This also takes me back to the baird debate as to whether we should ever play him. When derby are winning this isnt a problem, but when we lose, its because there is no leader, no organising and no motavating from the middle of the park. We have been in this situation before this season, I just thought we had moved on from it, but saturday showed we havent.

Gonna cause mass hysteria with conspiracy theory number 126734786347;5£skvd68/,vurs on the forum

maybe we're waiting till the end of the season to appoint a manager because he has a contract with sky sports and we're waiting for that to end....... :ph34r: 

3 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

He is right. After the 1st goal a few of the players were trying to get the others motivated by shouting at each other. After that can't remember much.

I feel we don't have many motivators just blamers. I miss Eustace I watched him a lot he'd organize everyone around him and if we conceded a goal he'd be the 1st to encourage everyone around him. 

It's where we missed Thorne, he's good at this and is has a bit of leadership about him, even though he's not that old. 

Did you see Calamity Keogh put his head in his hands when they scored their first goal... He had gone as all the Wembley thoughts came back to haunt him... Shame as a nice bloke and tries hard but is no mountain of a centre half like Morgan and Huth which is what we lack.. So Holloway as much as I'm not a fan is dead right, and Keogh is our Captain.. Funny when Burnley went up shackell was Captain...

4 minutes ago, Ahjames08 said:

Did you see Calamity Keogh put his head in his hands when they scored their first goal... He had gone as all the Wembley thoughts came back to haunt him... Shame as a nice bloke and tries hard but is no mountain of a centre half like Morgan and Huth which is what we lack.. So Holloway as much as I'm not a fan is dead right, and Keogh is our Captain.. Funny when Burnley went up shackell was Captain...

Sorry? What are you blaming Keogh for exactly?

In America, bumper stickers saying "9/11 never forgive never forget" and so on are popular.

Perhaps DCFC should have launched some "Keogh Wembley never forget" bumper stickers. They'd have made a fortune and we could identify cars driven by those who Keogh unforgivably scarred.

Anyway.

Something needs to change when the new manager comes in.

13 minutes ago, Ahjames08 said:

Holloway's main issue is that Derby allowed their disappointment to show in their performance, and that their response was... well, there wasn't one. In the immediate aftermath of conceding a goal I think you can be forgiven for being disappointed, but it's how the team and the individuals within that that react to going behind that's important. 

He's right.

But I don't think this club at this moment in time has it in it to overturn any deficit, we've become defeatists because of the constant meltdowns, we know something bad is just round the corner and the players know it too. 

We need a manager to grab this club pull it back up on its feet, I feel we're like Rocky after the Mr T defeat, struggling to find motivation and heart, we need our very own Apollo to whip us up, step forward Nigel Pearson.. whether Mel thinks the same remains to be seen  

24 minutes ago, Lord_Ram said:

Gonna cause mass hysteria with conspiracy theory number 126734786347;5£skvd68/,vurs on the forum

maybe we're waiting till the end of the season to appoint a manager because he has a contract with sky sports and we're waiting for that to end....... :ph34r: 

Merson or Kamara?

Archived