Holloway dead right...

TroyDyer

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Kernow said:

He's absolutely spot on. The most disappointing thing is he showed more passion about Derby in those two minutes than any player showed in 90 on Saturday. And he has nothing to do with us.

I don't think we lack passion, but we give up far too easily, this team reminds me of Ronnie O'Sullivan, when its going well we're fantastic, but the moment the ball runs against us ans we're struggling there's little fight, we go through the motions.

Its all well and good winning 4-0 but how many times have we dug in and ground out a 1-0?... Ipswich away months back, we don't do ugly football and unfortunately you need to be able to win ugly more often than not in this league.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

would probably take a couple of seasons though.

Pearson would sign four tough guys who can play a bit for a total of about £6 million and get the effort up to 100%. That is about all we need. If you have a big squad and good cover you can afford to be more aggressive and cynical.

1 minute ago, DCFCArmy said:

I don't think we lack passion, but we give up far too easily, this team reminds me of Ronnie O'Sullivan, when its going well we're fantastic, but the moment the ball runs against us ans we're struggling there's little fight, we go through the motions.

Its all well and good winning 4-0 but how many times have we dug in and ground out a 1-0?... Ipswich away months back, we don't do ugly football and unfortunately you need to be able to win ugly more often than not in this league.

I would argue the majority of Clement's wins were ugly :whistle:

I'm gonna go against the narrative here, but I don't think the players' reaction to the first goal was bad. Johnson was being encouraged rather than berated and our level of performance didn't particularly drop. There wasn't much to drop from, but whatever. Their second goal killed us. How many long-range deflected goals has our team conceded this season? Must be a record. The third was the classic counter after we'd overexerted, but we desperately needed a goal.

We need to remind ourselves how good Hull's team is. For me they have the best in the league, high quality in every position. In the playoffs the first goal was always going to be absolutely huge because both teams are so strong defensively when leading (forget Rotherham). Hull should have won this league and will probably beat Sheffield Wednesday.

I'm not making excuses for our bad performance but some are going way over the top.

ROWETT, God No.. Great for him as he lives around the corner.. Amazing what the short manager at Sheff Wed have done, some of their players express themselves and really look like they are enjoying their football.. Pearsons Leicester under him we always knew their team were fitter, we die for the course and played some great attacking football and found obscure players with no arrogance, so for Derby Pearson would knock a few ego's into shape and they would all want to play for him.. Maybe too late now but Derby could be the Carrott as apposed to Villa. 

1 minute ago, rynny said:

I would argue the majority of Clement's wins were ugly :whistle:

I'll give you that one but

Once we started to struggle we gave up even under him.

Can you imagine this team going back into that dressing on Saturday with Pearson standing there? we wouldn't have put in that performance with him in charge but christ, if we did he'd have been done for strangling.

48 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

Holloway has always had it in for us though. Just because what he has said is right, don't be surprised if he had it all planned out in hope that Hull beat us.

Absolute RUBBISH, if our players are thinking the same as you this morning then God help us. Holloway has always had it in for us ?, get a life mate.

Just now, TETRA said:

Absolute RUBBISH, if our players are thinking the same as you this morning then God help us. Holloway has always had it in for us ?, get a life mate.

hahaha he genuinely always has, for years, Since his QPR days he's been sniping us.

3 minutes ago, TETRA said:

Oh dear Oh dear, throw the rattle out of the pram why don't you.

huh? I have no idea what you're babbling on about. For what it's worth, I love Holloway, and think he secretly wants to manage us. I would have him here in a shot.

33 minutes ago, TETRA said:

Except it isn't rubbish though is it? He's been calling Pride Park, Prideless Park after every smash and grab for years.

Nice little insult at the end though, despite you not actually knowing what you're talking about.

5 hours ago, DRBee said:

He is right when he says we gave up and that is not acceptable, but he's wrong when he says its nothing to do with the management/coach ( which he may not say on this clip) which he has also said when discussing Saturday's performance.

It's down to fans like @Troy Dyer, booing and upsetting the sensitive things.

;)

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

huh? I have no idea what you're babbling on about. For what it's worth, I love Holloway, and think he secretly wants to manage us. I would have him here in a shot.

Weren't we actually linked with him at one time pre-Davies? Maybe not exactly at that time but before he took over at Plymouth (maybe when we ditched Phil Brown).

Archived