Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Looking at Keogh's 'mistakes' you have to look at the build up play, position of other players etc. He isn't perfect but some of the tripe in here is baffling. Keogh is a fine defender at this level, if he were totally infallible he wouldn't be playing for Derby County.

The fact this thread has gone 68 pages is mental.

Everyone else in the team also made mistakes but no they're targeting Keogh every time for some one else mistakes or we lose a game. Sigh. 

I have to say his nickname for me is Mistakeogh!!!!!!!

A good solid performer, but as the original poster says he always makes at least one mistake, you get away with them at this level.  However, on the PL 9 times out of 10 the ball will be in the back of the net.

I'd get rid if a decent offer came in, a shame Schteveee didn't sign him when he went to Newcastle.  Shackell is crap too, not the player we sold and probably the worst distributor of a ball in the team.  Bring back Bucko he is a legend and would die for the club to block a goal, we need players like that, not overrated, overpaid Prima Donnas :-( 

Roll on Jan when Mel can hopefully invest a little wiser!!!!!!!!!

20 hours ago, AfghanRam said:

I have to say his nickname for me is Mistakeogh!!!!!!!

A good solid performer, but as the original poster says he always makes at least one mistake, you get away with them at this level.  However, on the PL 9 times out of 10 the ball will be in the back of the net.

I'd get rid if a decent offer came in, a shame Schteveee didn't sign him when he went to Newcastle.  Shackell is crap too, not the player we sold and probably the worst distributor of a ball in the team.  Bring back Bucko he is a legend and would die for the club to block a goal, we need players like that, not overrated, overpaid Prima Donnas :-( 

Roll on Jan when Mel can hopefully invest a little wiser!!!!!!!!!

I can say with a great deal of confidence that if we took Keogh and Shackell out of the squad and played Buxton with Pearce, Rawson or anyone else on the books you can name our defence would get worse, not better.

Brighton are the only team in the football league who have conceded less than us and since signing Duffy their back 4 have rarely been disrupted through injuries or suspensions, whereas we've had a different left back every week and Pearce coming in for Shackell.

It's time for Keogh to go, this is unacceptable!

Utterly magnificent in defence today.

I daresay the simpletons will have to content themselves with pulling him to pieces over his drilled through-ball which went out for a goal kick.

I don't know how this chancer makes a living, giving away goals constantly despite have 4 clean sheets out of 5 games. And what's he doing making great blocks?! Everyone knows top CBs can read the game like a clairvoyant simple glide to intercept everything like some supernatural power. Sooner this joker is gone the better.

In all honesty, 6 months ago I would have said sell and move on. Even 3 months ago with the shackell/Keogh pairing. But since Pearce has broken into the team we seem to have a pairing that fit together perfectly. What we missed was an upgrade on bucko  (shackell is a different kind of player altogether) which we have now and that will make a very strong pair. It's time Keogh lead us to the promised land though 

Just now, mumblemumble said:

Any of you lot go to the games?

He made a couple of mistakes early on which could have cost us.

But they didn't, and he made a couple of blocks which certainly saved us.

If you wish to knock him, don't use today's performance to do it, otherwise I'll have to think you have an agenda, Jason.

16 minutes ago, mumblemumble said:

Any of you lot go to the games?

He made a couple of mistakes early on which could have cost us.

Yeah he did...although I assume you mean every other player was flawless?

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 09:04, Angry Ram said:

16 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

He did a job out there today and there was little to fault him on but a backwards header that went to the opposition... The rest of the time he and Pearce ran the show....

Yes but if we were in the promised land, what do you think would happen?  Yes 2 goals down and a lose simples.

When he fooks up, his hands are flailing and his facial expressions say it all, not my mistakeogh, honest guv!!!!!!!!!

Don't know much about Keogh as only started watching Derby this season but from what I've seen I love the bloke.

Committed, not afraid to get stuck in and works tremendously hard for the team. Yes he makes the odd mishap and poor decision but so do all the rest.

He's not a robot. It happens.

If he didn't give a toss or strutted round like Joleon Lescott then there might be cause for concern but he gives his all and generally produces.

Just my opinion. Not seen as much of him as you guys so may not be qualified to pass comment.

Archived