Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

16 minutes ago, mumblemumble said:

Any of you lot go to the games?

He made a couple of mistakes early on which could have cost us.

I went and saw him make a block on the line with his hand and because of it we won.

I also saw Christie make a poor pass, Butterfield too, Ince fall over his feet at one point, Bent head a chance over, Ollson over hit a through ball, Hanson lose possession a couple of times, Johnson also misplaced a pass or two.....they all made mistakes, just not as often as they have in other games this season. 

This is the Championship, it's full of inconsistency.

3pts, 2 goals (1 in the first half as well!), a clean sheet and an entertaining match.......that'll do for me!!!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, mumblemumble said:

Any of you lot go to the games?

He made a couple of mistakes early on which could have cost us.

Absolutely, and we really appreciate the fact that you have once again enlightened us.

On 28/10/2016 at 16:47, AfghanRam said:

I have to say his nickname for me is Mistakeogh!!!!!!!

A good solid performer, but as the original poster says he always makes at least one mistake, you get away with them at this level.  However, on the PL 9 times out of 10 the ball will be in the back of the net.

I'd get rid if a decent offer came in, a shame Schteveee didn't sign him when he went to Newcastle.  Shackell is crap too, not the player we sold and probably the worst distributor of a ball in the team.  Bring back Bucko he is a legend and would die for the club to block a goal, we need players like that, not overrated, overpaid Prima Donnas :-( 

Roll on Jan when Mel can hopefully invest a little wiser!!!!!!!!!

Bring back Bobby Davison and Phil Gee they're legends - every player has a mistake in them Keogh's just get highlighted more because of Wembley , been our most consistent player for the last 3 seasons , think of all the good things he does and you'll find they far outweigh the bad .  

29 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Don't know much about Keogh as only started watching Derby this season but from what I've seen I love the bloke.

Committed, not afraid to get stuck in and works tremendously hard for the team. Yes he makes the odd mishap and poor decision but so do all the rest.

He's not a robot. It happens.

If he didn't give a toss or strutted round like Joleon Lescott then there might be cause for concern but he gives his all and generally produces.

Just my opinion. Not seen as much of him as you guys so may not be qualified to pass comment.

Don't worry, it seems you don't necessarily need to have seen him to pass a comment, as long as it's unfavourable.

35 minutes ago, AfghanRam said:

Yes but if we were in the promised land, what do you think would happen?  Yes 2 goals down and a lose simples.

When he fooks up, his hands are flailing and his facial expressions say it all, not my mistakeogh, honest guv!!!!!!!!!

We're not in the Premier League and bottom half Premier League teams aren't that good anyway

On 28/10/2016 at 16:47, AfghanRam said:

I have to say his nickname for me is Mistakeogh!!!!!!!

A good solid performer, but as the original poster says he always makes at least one mistake, you get away with them at this level.  However, on the PL 9 times out of 10 the ball will be in the back of the net.

I'd get rid if a decent offer came in, a shame Schteveee didn't sign him when he went to Newcastle.  Shackell is crap too, not the player we sold and probably the worst distributor of a ball in the team.  Bring back Bucko he is a legend and would die for the club to block a goal, we need players like that, not overrated, overpaid Prima Donnas :-( 

Roll on Jan when Mel can hopefully invest a little wiser!!!!!!!!!

I'm confused.

Why does Richard call you 'Mistakeogh'? Are you related and do you have dfficulty with spelling the word 'Mister'.?

Saw the best and most frustrating of him today.

Needlessly slid in on his backside and totally over committed himself early on as one of the Wednesday players danced through on goal. I really don't like it when he goes to ground like that, but it's very much part of his game and something he keys to do.

But then the 'handball' block and several others saw him make a really valuable contribution, which far outweighed anything else. In all,  a very good game from him.

26 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Needlessly slid in on his backside and totally over committed himself early on as one of the Wednesday players danced through on goal. I really don't like it when he goes to ground like that, but it's very much part of his game and something he keys to do.

But then the 'handball' block and several others saw him make a really valuable contribution, which far outweighed anything else. In all,  a very good game from him.

I do agree, on the whole I thought he played well but was disappointed that he went back to his old habit of sliding in. If Paul Clement achieved anything, it was that he seemed to rid Keogh of that side of his game. Generally, I am happy with him and can understand how some fans like his all action style; I prefer the style of Pearce myself.

32 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

But committing himself to blocking their shots also stopped them scoring twice today. Maybe he is quite easy to read at times with his defending but the fact he's committed and brave (if we take a glass half full approach) isn't a problem at all in my book. It saves us much much more than it costs us.

So if he dives in and makes a block it's a grudging "Well done, Richard", whereas in the same circumstances if he dives in and misses, or indeed if he doesn't dive in and the attacker beats his non-exstent challenge it's "What a muppet, worst defender EVER".

I'm glad we've sorted that out.

2 minutes ago, toddy said:

For me help us keep it at 0-0 early on, Keogh, eminence yesterday.

Don't really understand the hatred for our Captain? 

Don't think it's a hatred of him Toddy. I think what gets on a lot of people's nerves is not the fact that he makes mistakes, it's that when he does make mistakes he blames it on others and doesn't take responsibility for his own errors, e.g he completely ruined Christie's confidence a few years ago. I think if he took more responsibility for his own errors then the minority that dislike him would stop complaining 

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Don't think it's a hatred of him Toddy. I think what gets on a lot of people's nerves is not the fact that he makes mistakes, it's that when he does make mistakes he blames it on others and doesn't take responsibility for his own errors, e.g he completely ruined Christie's confidence a few years ago. I think if he took more responsibility for his own errors then the minority that dislike him would stop complaining 

Curious, do you know thats a fact? Or just opinion?

41 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Curious, do you know thats a fact? Or just opinion?

Just an opinion but after seeing it with my own eyes. In 2014/15 Christie started off very well but I remember one occasion in a home game where Christie got beat by a winger and Keogh failed to cover around but Keogh bollocked Christie who looked like he went into his shell for the rest of the game, dropping off his man and subsequent games. He also looked around to see Keogh's reaction whenever he subsequently got beat so it played on his mind a lot. I get that you need to let your teammate know when he makes a mistake but its another bollocking him when you make a mistake straight after.

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Just an opinion but after seeing it with my own eyes. In 2014/15 Christie started off very well but I remember one occasion in a home game where Christie got beat by a winger and Keogh failed to cover around but Keogh bollocked Christie who looked like he went into his shell for the rest of the game, dropping off his man and subsequent games. He also looked around to see Keogh's reaction whenever he subsequently got beat so it played on his mind a lot. I get that you need to let your teammate know when he makes a mistake but its another bollocking him when you make a mistake straight after.

Cool story Bro. 

16 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Sorry man but this is a load of crap, if a defender can't take a bollocking from his captain then he isn't up to a demanding professional job. The funny thing is people say Keogh isn't a natural leader or doesn't command the defence enough yet when he ******** someone he's destroyed their confidence. The guy can't win.

I see Keogh congratulating teammates and going over specifically to pat them on the back etc all the time. Always encouraging Christie especially, but hey that doesn't fit the OTT criticism we got going here does it? We'll just pretend we don't see that.

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

Sorry man but this is a load of crap, if a defender can't take a bollocking from his captain then he isn't up to a demanding professional job. The funny thing is people say Keogh isn't a natural leader or doesn't command the defence enough yet when he ******** someone he's destroyed their confidence. The guy can't win.

I see Keogh congratulating teammates and going over specifically to pat them on the back etc all the time. Always encouraging Christie especially, but hey that doesn't fit the OTT criticism we got going here does it? We'll just pretend we don't see that.

Spot on.. 

8 hours ago, eddie said:

So if he dives in and makes a block it's a grudging "Well done, Richard", whereas in the same circumstances if he dives in and misses, or indeed if he doesn't dive in and the attacker beats his non-exstent challenge it's "What a muppet, worst defender EVER".

I'm glad we've sorted that out.

As usual in your hurry to sneer, you've missed the point completely.

Alex Peace saw an injustice in the behaviour shown to him by his captain yesterday. They made up after the goal and he complimented his captain after the game but there is a man who will not take the Keogh bullsh*t lying down.  I like Peace. 

Archived