Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

11 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

But where was Christie ?

With minutes on the clock why have we not got our right back? 

Last time Mac was here Christie developed a knack of clearing off at the wrong time doing it in successive games most notably against forest and then did a carbon copy the next home game, the opposition escapes me.

when clement came in one of the few good things he did was drop him saying that he was a little behind the other defenders, when Christie came back in he looked like a better defender who actually was able to stop the cross

is this a return to the headless chicken days 

That's who I was talking about - Christie!

He was probably off doing exactly what you've just said.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Just seen Jon Stones a 50 million pound England defender set up a Southampton player at the etihad, got me wondering if a Citeh forum has a Always Got a Mistake In Him thread because if he's a 50 mill player I'm a Dutchman.

So ton doing a job on them at present, the Wastelands is very quiet

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

I like Christie but he is woefully lacking in confidence. Either move Keogh to RB and slot Rawson in at CB or use Jamie Hanson there - the same Jamie who's always delivered strong performances for us when he's played. 

Is he lacking in confidence, or perhaps it's just a case that his performances are a reflection of his actual ability? Ditto most of the current Rams squad. 

2 minutes ago, europia said:

Is he lacking in confidence, or perhaps it's just a case that his performances are a reflection of his actual ability? Ditto most of the current Rams squad. 

I think he's feeling the pressure of the return of the Mac. Schteve dropped him from the side in his last stint as manager. If I remember rightly he even put Keogh at right back in an away game at Wigan and dropped Christie.

Is this thread still going? Ridiculous.. Keogh is a great servant to the club.  Yep he can make mistakes but name me a player that doesn't? In fact, name me a single person on this forum who hasn't! Bashing of players doesn't help anyone.

I was listening to Radio Derby after the game yesterday and all I heard was people looking for someone to blame after a loss to a good side at the top of the division in an away game. It is boring, pointless and unhelpful.

We need to lower our expectations, give McClaren 3-4 years, and get behind the team no matter what.

4 hours ago, TopRam said:

No different to a striker missing a good chance... Just for Keogh it always seems to end up in the back of the net when he does something wrong! But what about Hughes yesterday? Made 6/7 bad passes straight to them? Ince made one and got booed? It's pathetic to blame the same players for everything 

He got booed? 

Jesus. 

12 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

Is this thread still going? Ridiculous.. Keogh is a great servant to the club.  Yep he can make mistakes but name me a player that doesn't? In fact, name me a single person on this forum who hasn't! Bashing of players doesn't help anyone.

I was listening to Radio Derby after the game yesterday and all I heard was people looking for someone to blame after a loss to a good side at the top of the division in an away game. It is boring, pointless and unhelpful.

We need to lower our expectations, give McClaren 3-4 years, and get behind the team no matter what.

there's making mistakes, and there's making 'costly' mistakes. I'd be a great servant to the club, doesn't mean I deserve to escape any observations about being the weak link.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

there's making mistakes, and there's making 'costly' mistakes. I'd be a great servant to the club, doesn't mean I deserve to escape any observations about being the weak link.

Name me a defender who hasn't made a 'costly' mistake in there career? 

This thread is not "observations" it is scapegoating and it is as pathetic as the people who agree with it.

3 minutes ago, cannable said:

If we're to play it out from the back again then he is going to absolutely vital. He fits.  Until we find somebody as good on the ball and better deensively then he has to play. End of discussion. 

every single player we have on the books is capable of a 30 yard pass to a midfielder, not sure why you are pretending Keogh is the only player capable of this.

1 minute ago, JaguarRam said:

Name me a defender who hasn't made a 'costly' mistake in there career? 

This thread is not "observations" it is scapegoating and it is as pathetic as the people who agree with it.

nope, name me a defender who's "every" mistake is costly. He's cursed.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

every single player we have on the books is capable of a 30 yard pass to a midfielder, not sure why you are pretending Keogh is the only player capable of this.

We had this discussion two years ago - my retort will be one word; Shackell

If Richard Keogh was a lazy player who kept out of difficult confrontations

If other players were unable to trust him on his own in difficult confrontations.

If he did not run tirelessly and give 100% effort at all times.

I might criticise him for goals that our 3rd meanest Championship defence have conceded this term so far.

But he isn't and they can and he does, so I for one, won't!

I pted this in the match thread but it's probably more relevant here:

Can't see why people are blaming Keogh really. Christie moves out to cover the man that Anya has let go - he has to, can't let him run at him so has to get tight. Keogh has to move across to cover Christie, gets caught one on one with a tricky winger who gets the cross in. No mistake by Keogh there - he hasn't dived in, he's stood him up and exerted pressure on him. Ball goes over Pearce who has come across to cover. Olsson lets his man get the run on him and gets beaten in the air yet again.

I would only really blame Anya and Olsson there and even then I'm hesitant to blame Anya as I can't see hat has happened before hand.

Teams all over this league concede last minute goals. It's the nature of the game these days. As defensive players tire, the use of substitutes becomes more and more important as we saw yesterday - their substitute set up the goal.

7 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

And that just shows how important he is and how pathetic and stupid your argument is.

you make no sense, you asked me to name a defender who doesn't make mistakes, and that's the point, they ALL make mistakes, but Keogh makes COSTLY mistakes, and all his mistakes are costly. Leading to penalties and goals. If you're not capable of discussing it, or it's going over your head, then just carry on your deluded happy-clapping away from this thread.

Archived