Absolute mercenary.

manxramselly

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, manxramselly said:

Harry agree's with prince Ali of Jordan to manage their national team over the next month for two matches,which he will combine with his advisory role with us.Thought he had a bad knee?Now that's some commute.

To be fair to the bloke would you turn it down? It's not like he's full time at derby. 

There are two types of baby-sitters. Close family members who do it for love, and people who want to earn a bit of extra cash. As Harry isn't Wassall's Grandad, is it such a surprise that he's getting paid. And if he was full time he'd be harry the nanny, not...

As it's so close to the international games, I'm pretty sure he would have already had the Jordan job lined up before we approached him - Mel & Wass must have been happy with the proposed schedule or the deal wouldn't have got as far as it has.....I'm no fan of Harry, but it seems a bit strange to slate him for this if all he's doing is keeping to commitments he's already made....

I may be putting 2 and 2 together and getting a job lot of anal beads, but here is how I imagine it has played out. 

Clement was sacked and Redknapp/Hoddle lined up for next season. I imagine arry had the Jordan job already in the bag, and Hoddle will have a summer of ITV Euro 16 commitments. 

Wassall was put in charge because with the squad we have, and the lead we already had over 7th, there was surely no way even Wassall could fail to make the playoffs. As far as MM is concerned, it's win/win. We go up through the playoffs and two PL pros take over the following year, or we lose in the playoffs, but the fans are relatively content as we had a good go at it, ST renewals remain high, and then 'arry and 'oddle come in to finish the job and get us up the following year. 

I don't think MM envisioned DW being as horrendous as he has been. I think perhaps the childlike tactics at Rotherham, and ensuing squad meltdown, might have forced him to call his mate and beg he can come in and start 6 months early. 

That's my take anyway. 

2 hours ago, manxramselly said:

Harry agree's with prince Ali of Jordan to manage their national team over the next month for two matches,which he will combine with his advisory role with us.Thought he had a bad knee?Now that's some commute.

Indignation.... Check.

Lives in a tax haven.... Check.

It's Rupert Murdoch.

Sounds reasonable - i think if you look at the run of fixtures we've had between the Clement sacking and the Forest game, they were all (on paper) winnable, with no big games/sixpointers against promotion rivals, and like yoyu say - surely even Wassall couldn't screw that up..

17 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

I don't think MM envisioned DW being as horrendous as he has been

"horrendous".. but 5th best team form wise since taking over, joined when 5th, still 5th? Hmmm, not really going to plan is it.

We've jumped 19 places in the form table since Wassall took over.

I have no problem with this at all.

A) It makes sense for 'arry if the position with us is (as reported) only a few weeks.

B) I really don't want 'arry as our long term manager! Agree with the chaps on the podcast - we're usually the type of club who go for someone a little more left field. 

11 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

"horrendous".. but 5th best team form wise since taking over, joined when 5th, still 5th? Hmmm, not really going to plan is it.

We've jumped 19 places in the form table since Wassall took over.

Nope,

We are 10th in the form table since Wassall took over  -10 points from 21.

2 hours ago, manxramselly said:

Its a dream team - a UK based manager whose name has long been associated with highly aggressive tax planning, pairing up with someone who has carved a career close to the heart of an organisation whose name is a byword for dodgy dealings.

'Arrys brown envelopes runneth over......

Archived