Absolute mercenary.

manxramselly

30 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

If your Mrs is holding you to a puppy based ultimatum you need to accept that your relationship is over. Buy her a ticket to Crufts. Whilst she's out, pack her stuff into bin liners and change the locks. Then quickly find a new Mrs who can do her Mrsing duties properly without any canine assistance.

Have to say that you've got it wrong this time.

There's no old Mrs and new Mrs here, because it's agreed -- either tacitly or expressly -- between Mel Morris, Prince Ali, and Harry Rednapp that it's going to be an open relationship. Love triangle but without the fuss.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Take the 7 games that Wassall played and match them against the results that Clement achieved against the same teams, how do they compare?

Being bottom of the form guide means nothing, but if you feel it is a good barometer, can we get the one from Dec 15th when Burnley failed to win in 6 matches ?

How's about matching it against Clement's last 7 games? Then basically you are not picking and choosing, but looking at 14 consecutive games over a 3 month period. 10 points v 3 points. All Clement had to do was to produce the form (condemned by many as awful) that the club did under Wassall, and we would still be second.

28 minutes ago, eddie said:

How's about matching it against Clement's last 7 games? Then basically you are not picking and choosing, but looking at 14 consecutive games over a 3 month period. 10 points v 3 points. All Clement had to do was to produce the form (condemned by many as awful) that the club did under Wassall, and we would still be second.

But that's my point, you are going to have dips over the season, all I kept hearing was PC was not sacked because of results, now DW is suddenly doing well because he is better in the form guide??

The teams DW has faced to date have all been closer to the bottom than the top (I think?), and the performances have still been turd.  The form guide means nothing, it's what you do over a season that counts, thankfully DW has held his hands up and said I'm not good enough, let's hope Harry is the answer :-)

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

well, the puppy was being blamed for pooing on the carpet when the poo on the carpet was actually being dragged in from outside on the bottom of shoes.

The puppy was then shouted at and got so nervous, it did a poo.

As Eric' canons once said ,,, when the puppy follows the butchers van it's because it's lead is tied to the bumper,,,,,,

4 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

But that's my point, you are going to have dips over the season, all I kept hearing was PC was not sacked because of results, now DW is suddenly doing well because he is better in the form guide??

The teams DW has faced to date have all been closer to the bottom than the top (I think?), and the performances have still been turd.  The form guide means nothing, it's what you do over a season that counts, thankfully DW has held his hands up and said I'm not good enough, let's hope Harry is the answer :-)

For 82 minutes, we came as near as I've seen to playing "The McClaren Way" last Saturday since before the wheels loosened in 2015. It was really exciting, entertaining and looked to be productive. There was a swagger about our play. Then, unfortunately, it got more exciting and entertaining for a population that didn't include me, and there was a stagger about our play.

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

but what if your missus gets the puppy? You didn't want the puppy, but your missus is good for you and you want to keep her happy before she feels unappreciated and walks away.

The puppy isn't really that bad. When you let it out, it dumps in the right place, but it does a little accident now and then.

It barks when it needs to bark, but occasionally makes a bizarre noise when confronted by the nosey kid next door that you don't like.

It's almost trained now, so it'd be daft to replace it with a dog trained somewhere else that might not understand your voice.

I'm trying hard to follow all the profound posts and make sense ,,, just to clear things up are we saying Darren wassel licks his own ballocks ? If not I'm lost

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

For 82 minutes, we came as near as I've seen to playing "The McClaren Way" last Saturday since before the wheels loosened in 2015. It was really exciting, entertaining and looked to be productive. There was a swagger about our play. Then, unfortunately, it got more exciting and entertaining for a population that didn't include me, and there was a stagger about our play.

I can't comment as I had family things on that day, So will take your word for that. I thought we played great for 45 minutes at Burnley, the majority against Wolves at home, hull in the first 20, for example, so I believe that the team is capable or getting back to them lofty days under SM. My personal view is that DW isn't the man, he seems to be a manager that wants to cuddle the players, keep them all happy by rotating the team or bringing subs on for the same reason, and I just think he is lacking that bit of steel to make him a manager as well as the experience.  

I'd love to be proved wrong, I said that 7 games ago, and still maintain that, if we get promoted then the credit goes to DW and Harry, they would deserve it for achieving something that happens so rarely, and the achievement would probably deserve a prolonged stay.  

We can guess the meaning of this all we like but the one thing it says for certain is that Mel feels that wassel has shown that at this point he is not ready to manage derby county without help ,,, that alone is the most encouraging thing I've seen from the club for a while ,, that is no pop at wassel it's just the truth ,he is far from ready to manage at the level of a club at the sharp end of the championship pushing for promotion, 

3 hours ago, bcnram said:

You have chosen a strange title for your thread!! Why is he a mercenary?

I'm not doubting his managerial qualities or his man-management,he may even have a little tactical nouse,but he clearly joins other people's battles,of which he previously had no interest in,either historically or religiously,purely for financial gain,which in my eyes makes him mercenary.

Archived