Absolute mercenary.

manxramselly

3 hours ago, manxramselly said:

Harry agree's with prince Ali of Jordan to manage their national team over the next month for two matches,which he will combine with his advisory role with us.Thought he had a bad knee?Now that's some commute.

Waffle did nt want him to have too much influence....

will Harry be available for Wembley .....??? Ahem !

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mercenary is a tad harsh, as others have said we don't know if this was lined up before he accepted the Derby job, if the club are aware and happy with it then I see no reason for us to kick up a fuss. It's 2 games during the international break, Derby are not playing and the full squad won't be around anyhow.

Plus a lot don't want him around anyway so a week away in the sun is great for us right?

1 hour ago, TroyDyer said:

I may be putting 2 and 2 together and getting a job lot of anal beads, but here is how I imagine it has played out. 

Clement was sacked and Redknapp/Hoddle lined up for next season. I imagine arry had the Jordan job already in the bag, and Hoddle will have a summer of ITV Euro 16 commitments. 

Wassall was put in charge because with the squad we have, and the lead we already had over 7th, there was surely no way even Wassall could fail to make the playoffs. As far as MM is concerned, it's win/win. We go up through the playoffs and two PL pros take over the following year, or we lose in the playoffs, but the fans are relatively content as we had a good go at it, ST renewals remain high, and then 'arry and 'oddle come in to finish the job and get us up the following year. 

I don't think MM envisioned DW being as horrendous as he has been. I think perhaps the childlike tactics at Rotherham, and ensuing squad meltdown, might have forced him to call his mate and beg he can come in and start 6 months early. 

That's my take anyway. 

enjoy the anal beads :)

33 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Mercenary is a tad harsh, as others have said we don't know if this was lined up before he accepted the Derby job, if the club are aware and happy with it then I see no reason for us to kick up a fuss. It's 2 games during the international break, Derby are not playing and the full squad won't be around anyhow.

Plus a lot don't want him around anyway so a week away in the sun is great for us right?

Has he accepted the job? I've seen nothing official, but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

"horrendous".. but 5th best team form wise since taking over, joined when 5th, still 5th? Hmmm, not really going to plan is it.

We've jumped 19 places in the form table since Wassall took over.

The gap to 7th is shrinking weekly. 

Losing at home to MK Dons, losing at Wolves, horror show at Rotherham... We are where we are because the points we amassed before xmas. 

If you think Wassall alone would keep us in the top 6 with the games we have to play (Forest, Sheff Wed, Hull, Ipswich, Brighton...) then that is quite frightening. 

1 hour ago, TroyDyer said:

I may be putting 2 and 2 together and getting a job lot of anal beads, but here is how I imagine it has played out. 

Clement was sacked and Redknapp/Hoddle lined up for next season. I imagine arry had the Jordan job already in the bag, and Hoddle will have a summer of ITV Euro 16 commitments. 

Wassall was put in charge because with the squad we have, and the lead we already had over 7th, there was surely no way even Wassall could fail to make the playoffs. As far as MM is concerned, it's win/win. We go up through the playoffs and two PL pros take over the following year, or we lose in the playoffs, but the fans are relatively content as we had a good go at it, ST renewals remain high, and then 'arry and 'oddle come in to finish the job and get us up the following year. 

I don't think MM envisioned DW being as horrendous as he has been. I think perhaps the childlike tactics at Rotherham, and ensuing squad meltdown, might have forced him to call his mate and beg he can come in and start 6 months early. 

That's my take anyway. 

If that was the plan, then Mel would have been far better to have announced it. Personally, I'd prefer someone with a track record of achieving a top two Championship place (Pearson, Rodgers, Dyche, Howe [in descending order of realisticness]) or failing that a manager who has gotten a team to overachieve in this division (Rowett, Warburton). Hoddle and Redknapp certainly wouldn't be my ideal choice. I'd also prefer to bring in a manger now so he could assess the squad, rather than wait until the summer.

However, if Mel's judgement led him to decide that Harry and Glenn in the summer was the way to go, then fine. At least we'd know that there was a plan, and that plan didn't involve him managing the team by proxy. I would be happy to buy into that. I'd be far happier parting with my season ticket renewal money, and my interest levels would be renewed. It could hardly have been more divisive than the current state of affairs. OK, the players would know that Wassall was only a temp, but they don't seem to be exactly united in their motivation and respect for him at present. Without presuming to speak for others, I'd be surprised if I was alone in feeling like this.

7 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

The gap to 7th is shrinking weekly. 

Losing at home to MK Dons, losing at Wolves, horror show at Rotherham... We are where we are because the points we amassed before xmas. 

If you think Wassall alone would keep us in the top 6 with the games we have to play (Forest, Sheff Wed, Hull, Ipswich, Brighton...) then that is quite frightening. 

we were plummeting before Wassall took over, (or before Clement was sacked, whichever you prefer). Do you disagree?

2 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

Clement was sacked and Redknapp/Hoddle lined up for next season . . . .

Wassall was put in charge because with the squad we have, and the lead we already had over 7th . . . . and then 'arry and 'oddle come in to finish the job and get us up the following year. 

That's my take anyway. 

IMO you overestimated the current regime. They are not this visionary.

As for the Jordan's job. We had Eriksson and Capello as managers for the national team. Didn't they reside here, at least for a significant amount of time? They had to see matches, pick players, and oversee training, no? 

So all Jordan asked HR to do is to show up on match days, for his symbolic significance? How would Jordan players think when this guy does not even remember their faces, let alone their names? Or HR is actually doing training through Skype, like in Hollowood movies? Why would HR take up Jordan job when he knew that it's half-assre? Or he doesn't care about any of these because it is Jordan who pleaded for HR's participation? "You knew I am here just on match days simply for the money, and you still want me? Fine! Go further up the pitch, Jordan Ronldaldo, no Blackman..."

And you could ask HR the same questions about DCFC job.

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

"horrendous".. but 5th best team form wise since taking over, joined when 5th, still 5th? Hmmm, not really going to plan is it.

We've jumped 19 places in the form table since Wassall took over.

It's worth pointing out that if Paul Clement's last 7 results had been no worse than the calamitous first 7 fixtures of Darren Wassall, we would currently be occupying a position if not in, then certainly very close to, an automatic promotion spot, so badly has our form collapsed under Wassall.

52 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

we were plummeting before Wassall took over, (or before Clement was sacked, whichever you prefer). Do you disagree?

You have so much more patience with people than I have, Mostyn.

12 minutes ago, JW37 said:

Stuttering

ScreenHunter_346.thumb.jpg.4182e1730ca5b

ScreenHunter_347.thumb.jpg.56078b7806b4c

Really, not a plummet at all?

Hull - +3 points to -5 points (8 point swing)

Boro - -2 points to -5 points (3 point loss)

Burnley - +9 points to -4 points (13 point swing)

Brighton - +3 points to -2 points (5 point swing)

Sheff Weds - +11 points to +1 point (10 point loss)

WDDWWW to LDLLDD, 

Birmingham also closed 10 pts on us.

5 hours ago, manxramselly said:

Harry agree's with prince Ali of Jordan to manage their national team over the next month for two matches,which he will combine with his advisory role with us.Thought he had a bad knee?Now that's some commute.

Don't worry about his knee. I suspect his commute will involve flying not walking to Jordan. 

2 hours ago, 11carl00 said:

Form over the last 6 games - 6th (we were 5th until Broghton played last night)

Form under Clement when sacked - 24th

Last 6 games agreed

- but the comment said '' but 5th best team form wise since taking over''    which is not true.

13 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

WDDWWW to LDLLDD, 

It's not that I don't agree with Clement being sacked, there's no way he would've turned the form back around.

But honestly are you happy with the appointment of Wassall?

36 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

WDDWWW to LDLLDD, 

Pretty sure that if you look at the form guide for all teams throughout the season, you will see big momentum swings and all being in the bottom 6 or so at some time.

Why not look at it another way, same players available for the past 7 games as when we played them the first time, what was the points taken against that ??

Are we still going on about Wassalls appointment!! It happened, get over it. Was it the best move, highly doubtful, but he's here til the end of the season with Arry to wipe his nose so let's stop wasting time moaning about it and support him and the team until he's removed for a better manager wether that's in the prem or championship we will have to wait and see.

Archived