Glenn Hoddle

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoddle might be a fit. Isn't he meant to be particularly good at working with youth, which is part of Mel's vision of the Derby way.

a couple of weird things in his past, but even before this I've been very willing to believe they're comments taken out of context / things that seemed like good ideas at the time. In the intervening years, he seems to have earned s lot of respect as someone who knows what he's talking about (far more than me, anyway). 

23 minutes ago, toddy said:

Hoodle would fit us like a boot....Please forget his past personal views  Glen Hoddle knows how to play, knows how to motivate, he is very very good coach.

What you rather have the idiot left in charge?

You saying that Hoddle isn't an idiot? 

Seems the Sun reporter may be a little premature with his reporting - this was the same chap reporting that Clement could be in trouble if he didn't get the results - two games later he's gone. No smoke without fire so my guess is Hoddle Is lined up when his TV contract is up - presumuably after the Euro's?

For what it's worth Hoddle is a fantastic coach,plays the right way and has a record of developing youth so it's a yes from me.

4 hours ago, davenportram said:

did we all kill a vicar each on boxing day - we have had some serious hoodoo since going top and this takes the biscuit

I didn't kill a vicar... But I might have ran over one of Santas helpers and a couple of reindeers up here!! Sorry like....

1 hour ago, Charlie George said:

Seems the Sun reporter may be a little premature with his reporting - this was the same chap reporting that Clement could be in trouble if he didn't get the results - two games later he's gone. No smoke without fire so my guess is Hoddle Is lined up when his TV contract is up - presumuably after the Euro's?

For what it's worth Hoddle is a fantastic coach,plays the right way and has a record of developing youth so it's a yes from me.

Hasn't hoddle had some fairly uninspiring periods as manager/head coach. Since the England gig I mean. Wolves for example?

Why's he going to be great? Even assuming that there is something in this.

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Hasn't hoddle had some fairly uninspiring periods as manager/head coach. Since the England gig I mean. Wolves for example?

By the same criteria that Gary Neville was going to be a great, different being a manger compared to a studio one..

6 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

When he was at Wolves having had a look, he lost one of 25 in his first season once taking charge. They then finished 7th in his only full season at the club missing out on the play offs. Out of those 71 games, they drew 34 times!

this article was written 12 months ago.

its a funny old game !

Glenn Hoddle has revealed he left his post as a coach at Queens Parks Rangers out of loyalty to Harry Redknapp.

The former England manager was brought in to help on a part-time basis at the start of the season but relinquished his duties after Redknapp confirmed his resignation on Tuesday morning.

“As Harry had taken me to Queens Park Rangers, I thought the right thing to do was to leave,” Hoddle told Zapsportz.com. “It was an act of loyalty to Harry. The club have been excellent with their attitude towards me.”

The former Tottenham manager Tim Sherwood remains the favourite to succeed Redknapp at Loftus Road, with the chairman, Tony Fernandes, also understood to be considering the Derby manager, Steve McClaren, and the Real Madrid assistant, Paul Clement.

6 hours ago, Ramos said:

When he was at Wolves having had a look, he lost one of 25 in his first season once taking charge. They then finished 7th in his only full season at the club missing out on the play offs. Out of those 71 games, they drew 34 times!

A nearly 50% draw ratio. Wow.

He was good at somewhere like Swindon though I think. And didn't Glen originate the "early doors" line as in "they're going to be trying to keep it tight early doors".so his press conferences may have some comedy moments ☺

Archived