Glenn Hoddle

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the appeal of Hoddle is his commitment to bringing youth through. Plays fluid attacking football and doesn't like teams to be too structured / rigid. If he can get us playing fluid football like Steve and defensive enough like Clement while bringing through youth we'll have the guy for the Derby Way?

3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Are we talking about the Glenn Hoddle that last managed a club a DECADE ago, with his last achievement being a League cup final defeat 14 years ago? And let's not get into his views on people with disabilities!

That Glenn Hoddle?

Not in any way advocating for him but people's views can change in 17 years. I'm not sure he's in the same 'spiritual' mindset he was then. Still probably wouldn't want him, more for the years out of work than anything else, I just don't like taking a statement made almost 2 decades ago (when he was doing other completely loony things to do with spirituality) to measure the man now. 

It's true people change. Look at Jonathan Edwards. Gave up the very good chance of a World Championship gold medal through religious beliefs because the final was on a Sunday. He also presented 'Songs of Praise' and was quoted as saying "My relationship with Jesus and God is fundamental to everything I do. I have made a commitment and dedication in that relationship to serve God in every area of my life."

Look at him now. He renounced his religion in 2007. He subsequently said "even if I am unable to discover some fundamental purpose to life, this will not give me a reason to return to Christianity"

Not sure where that leaves us with Hoddle. Has he joined us yet? Internet went down last night (must have done something bad in etc) and can't be arsed to trawl through the mountains of recent dross.

5 hours ago, HantsRam said:

A nearly 50% draw ratio. Wow.

He was good at somewhere like Swindon though I think. And didn't Glen originate the "early doors" line as in "they're going to be trying to keep it tight early doors".so his press conferences may have some comedy moments ☺

Early doors was a Brian Cloughism.

6 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Are we talking about the Glenn Hoddle that last managed a club a DECADE ago, with his last achievement being a League cup final defeat 14 years ago? And let's not get into his views on people with disabilities!

That Glenn Hoddle?

No mate. the other one

If this is true,all we need is ronald macdonald to join the fold,Mel you are treating the club as a toy show some respect to the fans,this is  a disgrace you are turning the club into a freak show and the laughing stock of British football

16 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

If this is true,all we need is ronald macdonald to join the fold,Mel you are treating the club as a toy show some respect to the fans,this is  a disgrace you are turning the club into a freak show and the laughing stock of British football

Why is it a disgrace? I think a sense of perspective is needed. 

22 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Less than 5 minutes of looking through this thread, elsewhere on the forum, elsewhere on the internet and you would find out that this is not true. Put the pitchfork down. 

22 minutes ago, ck- said:

Why is it a disgrace? I think a sense of perspective is needed. 

We have gone from what appeared to be a well managed club with stability and short term and long term objectives ,controlled finances stability and security ,making sound sensible and reasonable decisions with regard to recruitment in both management/coaching,and players.

To presently sacking Pc (who i personally didnt like the way we played under him)

for getting us in top 5,bringing DW who has even less experience and appears clueless to bringing Harry ( the closest thing to a second car sales man in football management ,who i wouldnt trust to run a  bath)and now speculation that Glenn Hoddle ,a total has been with no credability other than a player 20 plus years ago is going to stick his oar in (probably with mystic Meg).

So yes its a bloody mess and if it was happening at any other club i would be pi##ing my sides.

Oh and dispite My concerns over Pc and some of his tactics, nothing in comparison to the Sh+te we seen since

1 hour ago, ram1964 said:

For crying out loud Ram64, grow up mate, you sound like a spoilt bratt

Archived