Shackell's reaction to Wassall

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It shows he cares at least yes it's not professional at all but I am sure Shackell was frustrated at the cock up conducted by Wassell at the end of that game. 

He is out of his depth and Shackell knows it. Still no excuses to react like he did but if we get smashed by forest it won't be just shackell telling DW to **** off.

8 hours ago, eddie said:

there are major problems behind the scenes now, because it has been mismanaged from start to finish - if it actually has finished. The next few days are going to be 'interesting'.

Trust me. Nothing will happen.

First, like Johnson, Shackell is a MM's player. DW would not dare touching him. Indeed, if handled undiplomatically it would cost his job.  I know DW looks brainless but he is actually smarter than that.

Second, say he replaced Shackell with Bucko and we lose embarrassingly in the Forest's game. People will blame DW for the change, and again DW is not that dump.

Just as Dyche will never come to DCFC, Shackell will stay unpunished and always start.

It's just frustration. Nothing in it.

It will be forgotten about looooong before social media stop milking it

A player questioning or firing back at a manager is nothing new. I know it doesn't happen on FIFA but this is what happens between humans.

19 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Lol hardly an indictable offense

I disagree. I feel it is the mark of mutual respect that is at the heart of every sporting contest. Or do we only acknowledge the effort of the opposition when we've won?

Are people outraged that he didn't clap the fans? Which a lot of the players didn't do. Or are you outraged he ranted at Wassall? Which most on here do just behind the safety of our keyboards.

I'm amazed people are having this reaction to this minor incident.

Shackell should not have reacted like he did, Darren has done a sterling job for this club and doesn't deserve his temper tantrums, grow a pair you childish ****, we are all hurting. He needs to apologise to Darren or ship out, nobody is bigger than the club.

Wilko, most of us will have worked under tw@ts that are not very good at their jobs and if the aforementioned tw@t tells us to do something even though we disagree with it we do it because we are professional in our approach to our employment.

That Shackell didn't applaud fans isn't the issue for me, it's the fact he publicly belittled his manager and gave (me) the impression he's a big time Charlie. He should have done what his manager asked and then by all means let him have it in the privacy of the dressing room in my opinion.

It's plain to see from Thorne's reaction his antics will have had repercussions and might affect team morale.

6 minutes ago, WilkoRam said:

Are people outraged that he didn't clap the fans? Which a lot of the players didn't do. Or are you outraged he ranted at Wassall? Which most on here do just behind the safety of our keyboards.

I'm amazed people are having this reaction to this minor incident.

Slightly amusing our fans asking the players to show them some appreciation and support. While giving them stick. Again. 

How many of us have never had a cross word with our football managers or players whatever level you've played at.

10 hours ago, Yani P said:

I remember reading about when TBE was manager and brought in the foreign talent he did..

He said when he interviewed them it was in a stark room with 2 chairs so they could look each other in the eye..he would tell them exactly what he would expect from them and that was non-negotiable...if they agreed and they liked what they saw at the club he would sign them....no nonsense..

Yes, heard player's accounts where they have said TBE was a very funny, witty man (as we knew) but he ultimately ruled with an iron fist and people knew there was a line that couldn't be crossed. An old school disciplinarian. I am starting to think these characters need to be whipped into shape by a strong personality, not the type of guy who wants to be best mates with them.

Kept out of this initially because my view of Shackell was the other side angle behind the home dug out and couldn't totally hear partly because their lot shouting in my ear and secondly I think New York, New York doing my head in at the time.

Couldn't help but notice an exchange, pretty close up when Shackell walked down the tunnel, just looked all the emotion of pure disgust at throwing 3 points away, a player  gutted and in no mood for anything. Did see Thorne say something back at him, which suggested him taking Wassalls side in what was said presumably to go over to the fans.

The hardest thing for me was watching Campy lording it up, like he'd kept a clean sheet right! Given the amount of stick he's had off Derby fans though, had to smile and say fair play have your moment in the sun. 

Back to Shackell, if his performance was worthy of being dropped in favour of Bucko drop him. Mountains out of molehills spring to mind, Wassall looked in a state of vacant shell shock at what he'd seen to me when he walked off, I was wondering what he was going to say to the players, because that would have been the test if a good Manager and I'd loved to have been  a curious fly on the wall to witness it.

There are far bigger tests than Shackell stropping off, applauding fans, call it what you want and so far having wanted to give D.W a chance, he's really not demonstrating enough nous to manage at this level, which is just a shame, as he's a good guy thrust into it. Shackell meanwhile I expect will no doubt apologise to D.W behind closed doors for his frustration, the players will vent and hopefully refocus for Forest.

On the scale of season defining moments, this barely registers a pulse.

10 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I imagine the fans booed at full-time, no? If that's the case then I can totally understand why Shackell left without acknowledging them. If I was criticised, regardless of my own performance, the last thing I would want to do is to clap those that have vocally abused me. 

Sounds like you want your cake it and eat it. Obligingly take the applause and adoration of the fan base when things go well I suspect, but run off down the tunnel the instant you might come under some criticism. Madrid fans will boo Ronaldo for a misplaced pass, my heart bleeds for these players. How terrible. Usual consensus of its the fan's fault again so you must be on to something!

theres always some joker laying the blame on the fans. The players we have are that unprofessional that if the fans aren't behind them they just don't know how to play football. As for booing yesterday too f***ing right, well and truly deserved, and especially the "you don't know what your doing chant" as this is simply stating a fact Wassal is clueless and I imagine most of the players know this but shackell is the one who let it out. #wassalout

Archived