Shackell's reaction to Wassall

North_Stand_Ram

Well if i was shackall i was total pissed off and he knew it was wassel fault that we never won the game from 3-0 up and end up drawing i walk of the pitch instead of saying something total regreat later date. I would want to be left alone also so maybe he felt like hitting wassel at the time.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, B4ev6is said:

Well if i was shackall i was total pissed off and he knew it was wassel fault that we never won the game from 3-0 up and end up drawing i walk of the pitch instead of saying something total regreat later date. I would want to be left alone also so maybe he felt like hitting wassel at the time.

If Shackell, a central defender, the saviour of our defence when signed, thinks Wassall is to blame for the team being unable to defend a 3 goal lead, then I'd rather Shackell was sacked than Wassall!

Derby should've been able to hold on to three points if both Thorne and Martin were sent off, let alone subbed off.

But perhaps he throught why on earth sub off martin when him and ince looked like scoring again to made sure of the win. And perhaps he throught thorn was struggleing and maybe throught why not bring on buxton or hanson for last few mins.

Sith Happens
Just now, B4ev6is said:

But perhaps he throught why on earth sub off martin when him and ince looked like scoring again to made sure of the win. And perhaps he throught thorn was struggleing and maybe throught why not bring on buxton or hanson for last few mins.

I think most people agree, it just comes down to if someone should react in such a way publicly.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

if you cannot take your best players off at 3 nil up, when can you? Shackell should know this. I bet when he was at Burnley and they were winning  by 2 of 3 goals, they subbed Ings or Vokes off and didn't crumble.

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

If Shackell, a central defender, the saviour of our defence when signed, thinks Wassall is to blame for the team being unable to defend a 3 goal lead, then I'd rather Shackell was sacked than Wassall!

Derby should've been able to hold on to three points if both Thorne and Martin were sent off, let alone subbed off.

This. He could have bought Geoffrey Boycott's mum off the bench and we still should have seen that game out. Shackell is supposed to be a leader and a senior player. Regardless of the subs he should be standing up and ensuring we keep our heads in that situation.

Unfortunately trying to blame DW or JS is pointless this incident shows that there is a major problem at DCFC .In reality JS should have a severe bollocking and a hefty fine and DW should be no where near the managers chair .In short we are in deep ****.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

Look sometimes people just blow there lid when frusration is building for a number of weeks and perhaps he could not hide it anymore.

You're right B4.

Just out of curiosity, do you think Shackell was a good signing?

Sitting on the fence and also playing devils advocate...

Shackell was got rid of the last time (Mr Clough) because as I understand he wasn't a team player... turned up in his own jacket when the rest of the team had DCFC blazers on... etc... etc...

We nearly had it all at Derby... Camaraderie in abundance - I think we could have gone all the way - to the 'top of the tree', but now it's just a horrible club!

Mel Morris - James Bond Villain imo! Megalomaniac!

What the hell  were those signings?

Keep the faith... COYR!

Brightside

Woah there ! .. Shacks was wrong but for the right reasons .. He was angry and disappointed and just vented. 

What DW does as a result is either a quiet word or a bollocking depending on what sort of men they both are and TBH none of us really know do we. 

the issue is not what happened .. But how everyone reacts to it and what is the outcome. It's a test of management skills .. Young inexperienced managers v seasoned pro ... Both need to be rational and honest with each other. We know DW messed up and we know that Shacks should have done what he was asked at a tricky moment for moral. Question is in both cases who has the honesty to hold hands up. 

14 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Absolutely. What so many are missing is that if we had 11 players (including 2 under 18s or 2 OAPs) we should win a game of football where you are 3 up with 8 mins to go. 

The subs decision is being used to mask the abysmal performance of the players. What the hell can DW really do at say 85 mins, other than believe his players have the know how to run down the game.

5 minutes ago, RebelScum said:

Sitting on the fence and also playing devils advocate...

Shackell was got rid of the last time (Mr Clough) because as I understand he wasn't a team player... turned up in his own jacket when the rest of the team had DCFC blazers on... etc... etc...

We nearly had it all at Derby... Camaraderie in abundance - I think we could have gone all the way - to the 'top of the tree', but now it's just a horrible club!

Mel Morris - James Bond Villain imo! Megalomaniac!

What the hell  were those signings?

Keep the faith... COYR!

Brightside

Shackell's back and now the camaraderie's gone. I,too, wondered if the two events are related and if that was why we got rid in the first place. I thought it slightly odd at the time.

Perhaps what it needs is players and manager meeting in next few days so maybe they can blow of steam. But what ever going

Off behind the scences also maybe the players want a new manager in place and perhaps mel told them sorry guys i want one at the end of the season and non of you have a say. But who knows what is going off.

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

no doubt if it had been Wassall talking to a player, chairman, CEO with know way of knowing what was being said it would be treachery of the highest order.

Zzzzzzzzzzz 

7 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Perhaps what it needs is players and manager meeting in next few days so maybe they can blow of steam. But what ever going

Off behind the scences also maybe the players want a new manager in place and perhaps mel told them sorry guys i want one at the end of the season and non of you have a say. But who knows what is going off.

B4, I have mixed feelings about this. I mainly believe that players should be playing for the fans, and the manager is only responsible for focussing/organising them, and that means they shouldn't really care who the manager is and should just follow the instructions and let the manager take the blame if those instructions are wrong. But then part of me also thinks if those players are not motivated to do their best, then the manager is failing.

23 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

if you cannot take your best players off at 3 nil up, when can you? Shackell should know this. I bet when he was at Burnley and they were winning  by 2 of 3 goals, they subbed Ings or Vokes off and didn't crumble.

Take you best players off, but replace them with like for like ones.  Martin and Thorne for Blackman and bent was a disaster waiting to happen, but even then he had time to rectify it when you notice it's not working, what do you do, make another sub and kill the game, or stand on the touchline with your arms folded whilst the team collapses around you.

The players are probably wondering the same as the fans are, how the hell did we get to this.

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Take you best players off, but replace them with like for like ones.  Martin and Thorne for Blackman and bent was a disaster waiting to happen, but even then he had time to rectify it when you notice it's not working, what do you do, make another sub and kill the game, or stand on the touchline with your arms folded whilst the team collapses around you.

The players are probably wondering the same as the fans are, how the hell did we get to this.

I agree that Thorne should've been replaced like for like. But as I say, had Thorne been sent off, and the team had no subs available, the 10 men should've still seen the game out!!

Wassall perhaps made the decision thinking Bent and Blackman might play themselves into form against what was then looking a poor/weak Rotherham side.

I don't doubt Wassall is currently sitting on the end of his bed, face-palming and wondering what might have been. But still he should, at 3-0 up, be able to shuffle the team for ten minutes.

It now seems, in my mind, we have players that are either very weak, or are deliberately undermining the manager.

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I agree that Thorne should've been replaced like for like. But as I say, had Thorne been sent off, and the team had no subs available, the 10 men should've still seen the game out!!

Wassall perhaps made the decision thinking Bent and Blackman might play themselves into form against what was then looking a poor/weak Rotherham side.

I don't doubt Wassall is currently sitting on the end of his bed, face-palming and wondering what might have been. But still he should, at 3-0 up, be able to shuffle the team for ten minutes.

It now seems, in my mind, we have players that are either very weak, or are deliberately undermining the manager.

your original point was Martin and Thorne being sent off not just Thorne.

your right in a way, but playing 4-2-4 was never going to work. Johnson should have moved inside if Wassall really wanted Blackman to come on. At least that way we wouldn't be outnumbered in midfield. Tactical **** up from Wassall.

sometimes I find your posts interesting, at others frustrating. You become entranched in a stance one way or another.

Archived