Shackell's reaction to Wassall

North_Stand_Ram

4 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

Clap the fans and you get booed, don't clap and you're showing no respect to the fans.

I don't care that Shackell told Wassall whatever he told him, neither do I care that he stormed down the tunnel. I imagine he was furious with himself and his team mates as much as anything having been part of a defence that collapsed so spectacularly.

In the heat of the moment in football lots of things happen that with the benefit of hindsight we might do differently. And if Shackell blames part of that collapse on Wassall, so be it.

Get it aired, get over it and get on with it.

All I care about is Shackell playing on Saturday and having a stormer.

After 26 pages the voice of reason, well said sir, makes me wonder if anyone's ever crossed that white line on here..................makes a change from!

2 hours ago, Dcfc10 said:

Drop shackell bring back buxton for the  forest game. that tw..t ain't bigger than the club.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

Clap the fans and you get booed, don't clap and you're showing no respect to the fans.

I don't care that Shackell told Wassall whatever he told him, neither do I care that he stormed down the tunnel. I imagine he was furious with himself and his team mates as much as anything having been part of a defence that collapsed so spectacularly.

In the heat of the moment in football lots of things happen that with the benefit of hindsight we might do differently. And if Shackell blames part of that collapse on Wassall, so be it.

Get it aired, get over it and get on with it.

All I care about is Shackell playing on Saturday and having a stormer.

Personally, I also don't care whether a player claps the fans or not. I do find it concerning that Shackell wasn't brave enough to stay on the pitch with the rest of the team and shake hands with the Rotherham team who had just humiliated him. He brushed off his head coach and two of his team mates who had nothing to do with the collapse, which was not good to witness. I like to see a bit more character and backbone in players than he showed. Its done now, I hope he has been disciplined and comes back to have a good game against Notts Forest (or rather I hope he doesn't need to).

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Who are you thinking of as being wingers because to me, Camara is the only genuine winger in the squad and he's hardly had a sniff since he got here.

I think you're right.

We have played three up front for months now.

Usually Martin is in the middle with one either side.

Russell, Ince and Weimann have been tried there. Blackman and Johnson too.

They have been asked to hug the touchline and so in name are wingers but I agree that Camara is the most natural there.

Having a functional back four shouldn't stop the midfield and attack playing with greater tempo and providing entertainment

At present the midfield hangs back and plays safety first because they know we're fragile.

According to SR, Shackell has apologised. By phone, the day after. Not in the dressing room, or on the bus or the same day. He must've been steamed up.

All over then? Blummin hope so. Big game on Saturday so I hope everyone's frustration is positively channelled into getting stuck in and sticking a few in an all.

On 3/14/2016 at 12:46, Duracell said:

I lost it at Ter Stegen's expression!  :lol:

Also that Spanish show "El Dia Despues" on youtube is great for all those weekly pitchside antics. I can usually get the gist of what the narrator is saying and he keeps it simple but witty. There's been a couple episodes featuring Albentosa this season that are fantastic

Read 20 odd pages of argument, vitriol, recrimination, dispute. Then watched the clip. Yes shackell is at fault. As a former player I can understand why. Bit of a  half hearted effort by everyone else it looked like to me. They barely get within 50 yards. Whats all the fuss about?

Archived